View Results

Von Whiskers

Business Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:53 pm
There are many roles one must play to achieve success and you can't do it alone. Having a place and working with it can be the difference between fight alongside allies or fighting together with them. It can even mean life or death. But usually it's an excuse to form a quirky rat-tag group and see what mischief takes place. Whatever floats your boat! And without further pause, here's the roles!

Defender: A defender defends things, they set themselves up with high health and damage reduction as well as a few things to draw attention (Ring example: Taunt) and run first into a group of monsters. In zOMG defenders can also slow people down so the only practical choice is to stay with them. They're neither fun nor very appreciated but hey, you choose who does and does not have a monster on their faces. They'll behave.
"It's better me than my friends, they're squishy and I can't let things get out of hand. I hope the healer's watching."

Striker: A striker kills things, the defender takes hits and the striker deals them. A good striker has done everything they can just to do damage. Sometimes this manifests into a well aimed arrow flying out from an unseen source behind the defender, or sometimes a flurry of blades rushing from the side. If you make a mistake you'll get yelled at, but people usually understand your importance.
"Well now that they're so preoccupied with the defender I'll just snuff 'em out one by one. Heh heh heh..."

Controller: A controller is nice when things get messy. They deal damages to an area instead of a single creature. If they can deal one explosion worth 50 damage to 4 targets, they can hit twice as hard as a striker doing 100 damage to 1 target. Controllers usually think in terms of 'monsters, yes or no?' rather than singling out any monster. In zOMG controllers also use slowing moves to group things up or just stay useful.
"My my, a big guy and a bunch of little guys are attacking my group. Yawn~ I guess I should help... *KABOOM!* There, now it's just a big guy. Have fun guys. Nap time!"

Healer: Healers heal things. If someone gets hurt they're the first ones at the scene with a bandage and a lollipop. Most vow some level of pacifism so that no monster even notices the one in the back until suddenly beams of light bring the entire groups health to look as if the fight just started. If the healer is lucky only the defender will get hurt and their job will be very easy. Healers are known for following defenders around like lost puppies. They're the most appreciated, but the least fun.
"Scalpel, check! Bandages, check! Magic wand, check! Alright, no one dies under my watch! Defender, you and I are in for the long haul."

Utility: Utility guys can do it all! Just... Not very well. But with coordination they can be a gentle unseen hand that leads the group to victory, without it they can seem like a mangy straggler they picked up at the last moment because they wanted to fight in bigger numbers. Utility guys usually heal the ones who were barely wounded by an area attack, slow down the one rushing for the healer, hit on chicks (or guys) at the local bar, and then start attacking 1 or all of the targets ready to try to make the difference in a pinch. They're usually the least appreciated but some of the most fun.
"Fools, it is I who heals the healer, defends the defender, strikes along side the striker and... Well no one controls the controller. Where is he anyway?"  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:11 pm
Do feel a certain bond with one of the roles? Or would you like to co-ordinate a group with clan members easily? Here's a listing of the different roles people have "officially" stated. More to come! (List form at bottom)
People with bold names usually want to group up with someone.
Names in italics are people who are capable of preforming two roles.
Names with a *** really enjoy cookies, and wanted to let you know.
Names in color are usually in the favorite color of the owner.

Defender:
-

Striker:
-

Controller:
-

Healer:
Misti Chaska

Utility:
-

Other:
-

To show up on this list fill out this:
Name:
Nickname:
Role:
Explanation of role (Optional, where you mention you can do two roles or if you're some *other* role):
Favorite Color:
A little about yourself (Optional but it helps. Do you like cookies?):

Or if filling out forms is totally boring then just write whatever, but make sure it contains the needed information!
Example:
Hello, I'm Misti Chaska, I prefer to heal but sometimes I double as a master of dance. I tend to role play in zOMG as a somewhat shy elf who would do anything to feel wanted. Most people call me Mimi but I have been called Misty, Mitsi, and Missi... I prefer Mimi. I'm somewhat impartial to a dark purple but I have other colors I like.  

Von Whiskers

Business Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Von Whiskers

Business Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:22 pm
To do:
-Fancify this thread
-Get pictures to help demonstrate roles
-Put in pictures of Yoai a whitelist/blacklist.
-Get PM'd by someone later because I kept forgetting to update it.

[ UNDER CONSTRUCTION, PROBABLY A WHITE LIST, I DON'T KNOW. ]
/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:33 am
(If you want me to delete this post, I will :3)
There's another role that you're missing?
The one's that when time gets messy (usually end of maze), the person uses quicksand and/or scaredy to scare the animated or make them stay in 1 place and not being able to attack you?

URL-Length

Dapper Gekko

10,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Friendly 100

DragynSyn

9,150 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:08 pm
Name biggrin ragynSyn
Nickname:Syn or Dragyn Whatever you wanna say
Role:Striker although I do have healing rings
Explanation of role (Optional, where you mention you can do two roles or if you're some *other* role):
Favorite Color: Black, usually have something black on my avi
I love cookies! Especially extra chocolate ones!
Is this still an open thread? Or is it abandoned?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:22 pm
what about buffers?......what about lone wolfs?..... heck what about the one guy that cant fight but has like every freaking buff ring in the game?....

also i am a Utility/lone wolf.

i can do it all on my freaking own and i kill bosses alone too, suck on them apples you freaking clans xp

Name: zoomie ^_^ or if you want David
Nickname: crazy, hyper dude, chewy.
Role: Utility/lone wolf/striker
Explanation of role: i do like three rolls at once when i am alone i can heal my self and hurt lots of people at once.
Favorite Color: red blue or orange+black, reasons?.... i love Halloween and in real life i have lots of blue or red clothes.
A little about yourself: i love cookies and im kinda shy some times other times i am a ball of random that is just killing everything in my way.  

Resone

Familiar Friend

8,725 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

akatsune7631

8,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:10 pm
Name: matsuda-misa-mikami
Nickname: Person, matsuda
Role: Utility
Explanation of role (Optional, where you mention you can do two roles or if you're some *other* role): I have some attacks, some buffs, some attacks, firerain and taunt. So I just take on any roles that are missing or do whatever comes to mind ^.^
Favorite Color: Cadetblue!
A little about yourself (Optional but it helps. Do you like cookies?): I LOVE COOKIES!!!!! Also, I can't do Papa Saw because my laptop goes all not responding and then I'm all like gonk burning_eyes "NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!"  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:09 am

Name: URL-Length
Nickname: Rose/ URL
Role: Healer
Explanation of role (Optional, where you mention you can do two roles or if you're some *other* role): I can do any of the roles but I prefer to heal.
Favorite Color: Purple (What does this have to do with anything?)
I love cookies :]

URL-Length

Dapper Gekko

10,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Friendly 100

n7aphasia

8,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:34 am
Name: n7aphasia
Nickname: ...any I really don't care what you call me(as long as I'm not offended 4laugh )
Role: I can do any of the roles to perfection...or at least a good job 4laugh
Explanation of role : I cover any role teh crew needs/wants...sometimes I just do what I want...usually do what I want xd
Favorite Color: um...is all an option?
A little about yourself : Um...I'm a bard XD described as a protean(one moment I'm hyper then hypo hits,or I'm really p.o. one moment then I'm happy teh next second)

Official zOMG Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games