Submit

xPissedxOffxPoptartx

Distinct Regular

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:30 pm
Do you think kids these days in school are more focused on getting the good grade to make their parents/parent/guardian/whomever takes care of the child, happy?
If you think about it, sure, if you can keep the good grades and learn, you are a good student, but you can learn and get mediocre grades, but still have more knowledge than the student who would rather cheat than learn, i know kids who get better grades on cheating than the kids who study and actually do the work, hell, it has happened to me! I just think alot of people need some sense slapped into them such as "Gangsters" Ohhh your so scary, you kill people! Ever asked them why? I live in a town where this gang s**t rules the town, you have to fear walking down the street and getting shot/jumped/stabbed for wearing a certain color and not even being in the gang who wears that color. It just greatly angers me. People say i am one of the maturest 14 year olds they have ever met and i know more than most 25 year olds, no offense to anybody but i think this is a topic that should be layed out to people of the world, well Gaia anyways, Hahaha.
Well, post in this topic and please be friendly to each other, and i'm not saying an argument here and there isn't bad, hell, i love a good argument, i usually wind up making friends over the argument. Lol. Well, this is a place where it is okay for opinions to clash. So, read the rules and post happily!
-Pop
(I may be 14 but i can hold my own in a argument so, feel free to try me. ^__^)

exclaim ~~~Rules~~~ exclaim

~_~_Please, no cybering (I know it sounds weird but i guarantee it will happen. xD)
~_~_Cursing is okay but just keep it to a limit. ^__^
~_~_Do not question the rules, i can change and add rules whenever i like.
~_~Enjoy the forum dammit!!!!!! *laugh*

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:13 am
I believe that they mainly do it to make their parents happy or to simply just get through it to get a good job. I personally don't care about half of what I learn.

And gangs are things that should be taken from our lives, minds and our history. But there are things that make that impossible so -shrugs-  

Anamorphic Toothpaste

ananima

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:25 am
.:: I agree. ::.

But I study and work hard partially to make my parents happy and partially since when I saw younger, my dad talked some sense into me and my older brother, talking about our jobs and when we retire and stuff [I was only 6 D:].

But I also study hard 'cause I try to compete with my brother's intelligence, even though he's a year older than me. D: And studies in a "better" school.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:08 pm
I still don't understand why we need to learn certain things i school..  

The Archduke of Kiwis

Serious Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff