Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
~*Strawberry's Journal*~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is thirty lbs a good goal? >.<
  Yes!
  ...too much to aim for if not definitively overweight?
View Results

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:10 pm
I'd rather have small breasts than a large tummy. : )

And yes, on average people don't gain weight during the summer when they're not in PE because they're out doing things, but they do gain weight overall after they're out of school because it's 45-60 minutes of exercise every day (or other day) that you're not getting/have to work in outside of what you do in your day.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:32 pm
Seraphsody
I'd rather have small breasts than a large tummy. : )

And yes, on average people don't gain weight during the summer when they're not in PE because they're out doing things, but they do gain weight overall after they're out of school because it's 45-60 minutes of exercise every day (or other day) that you're not getting/have to work in outside of what you do in your day.

I have a large-ish body frame, so I look like a rectangular piece of cardboard. x___x;;

I usually stay indoors during summers, if I'm not visiting China. DD: Must become more active!!

Almost two hours of exercise every other day will be a lot to make up. T.T

Strawberry Candy Fantasy

Cattilia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:49 pm
Hanging out with friends is also a good way to drop the pounds.
Like today, I was playing with my friends in the school yard and I had to run from one end to the other to get the ball (We were playing handball).
I tried to get the ball the most and now I'm all sore from playing, walking to friends' house, walking back and forth and so on. But in the end, I think it's all worth it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:53 pm
iStarcast
Hanging out with friends is also a good way to drop the pounds.
Like today, I was playing with my friends in the school yard and I had to run from one end to the other to get the ball (We were playing handball).
I tried to get the ball the most and now I'm all sore from playing, walking to friends' house, walking back and forth and so on. But in the end, I think it's all worth it.

Totally! Most exercise I ever do with friends = ...probably shopping at a mall. >.<;; [but we always get junk food, ahh~] My friends and I = super non-athletic. Dx

So much more motivating than running by myself on a cold morning though. ^o^

Strawberry Candy Fantasy

Strawberry Candy Fantasy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:11 pm
DATE: June 9, 2009

Day 16

Not going too well currently. Kind of going back to normal eating schedule again... >___<;; Put back approx. 1-2 lbs from too much cheese & pasta & cream cheese & ramen & etc. Must find a way to keep myself motivated, especially in the absence of physical education now. ToT

But how to keep myself motivated? How to constantly remind myself that keeping the lbs off is of greater significance than that burger in front of me? Some unhealthy possibilities = photo of myself looking less-than-pretty, image of boyfriend's thin & beautiful ex-girlfriend (I must be so insecure)... ehh... I don't know.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:58 am
You shouldn't feel this need to be insecure, obviously your boyfriend is with you now. You're making the changes you want to make, but it doesn't make you pretty with success/ugly with failure. It's a dichotomy that our society pushes on all women, but especially younger ones, that thin = happy and beautiful.

You're pretty *now*. Don't cling onto insecurity like this because it's not good for you and it holds you back from where you should be, what you can do, and it's kind of like putting blinders on yourself.

If you're in need of motivation, check out Prevention Magazine, they've got a great website, with lots of good articles, this one happens to be about instant motivation.
http://www.prevention.com/cda/article/instant-motivation/8e2588dc78803110VgnVCM10000013281eac____/fitness/getting.started/staying.motivated  

Tandahda
Crew

Strawberry Candy Fantasy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:00 pm
DATE: June 11, 2009

Day 18

Went out to eat with some friends today.

Let's see. Progress recently = not much. Trying my best to not ever binge eat/etc. but still eating... well... NORMALLY, I suppose. Not counting calories so I hope my intake is still less than 2000 calories/day... but just hoping doesn't do much now, doesn't it. XD

I need to put much more effort into it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:03 pm
Seraphsody
You shouldn't feel this need to be insecure, obviously your boyfriend is with you now. You're making the changes you want to make, but it doesn't make you pretty with success/ugly with failure. It's a dichotomy that our society pushes on all women, but especially younger ones, that thin = happy and beautiful.

You're pretty *now*. Don't cling onto insecurity like this because it's not good for you and it holds you back from where you should be, what you can do, and it's kind of like putting blinders on yourself.

If you're in need of motivation, check out Prevention Magazine, they've got a great website, with lots of good articles, this one happens to be about instant motivation.
http://www.prevention.com/cda/article/instant-motivation/8e2588dc78803110VgnVCM10000013281eac____/fitness/getting.started/staying.motivated

Maybe one day I will be mature enough to accept that I'm just structure-wise, not meant to be tiny/cute. >.<

I feel like I lack the personality + character to be "cute" at a larger size. There are non-thin people that are well-luffed but they have amazing personal qualities that I fail to pull off... ToT

Not dieting for the right reasons, perhaps...

Strawberry Candy Fantasy

Strawberry Candy Fantasy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:27 pm
DATE: June 13, 2009

Day 20

SUCCESSFULLY FITTED INTO A SIZE SMALL T-SHIRT TODAY. F**K YEAHH!!! scream
Had panda express though. Orange chicken. >__<;; [deliciousness]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:20 pm
DATE: June 14, 2009

Day 21

Current weight: 133 lbs.
SERIOUSLY? o___o;;

Strawberry Candy Fantasy

Strawberry Candy Fantasy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:45 pm
DATE: June 15, 2009

Day 22

Yep. I should actually write some stuff about my diet/exercise as opposed to just post random statements at random times like this. DD: So, what have I been up to recently/today?

I went to do some shopping + successfully put on a size small t-shirt (women's size). PRIDE. It's all thanks to my absence of a chest though, that my clothing sizes = pretty shrunken up. From front + side POV in mirrors I'd consider my figure "average" instead of chubby, out of shape, etc. synonym now. YAY! ^o^

Today's been quite successful exercise-wise + eating-wise, I hope.

Ran/jogged for about 2 hours. Walked (separate from the running) approx. 8 miles (some of it by myself, some of it w/ friend and some of it w/ boyfriend). Utterly amazed by my stamina [though I literally passed out]. Total calories burned: approx. 800-900?

I fail at calorie counting b/c I usually don't do it but here goes... nothing (I'll guess something appropriate for values I'm unsure of). Intake: hard broiled egg (70 cal), one slice of bread (100 cal), slice of cheese (80 cal), fat free yogurt (100 cal), pineapple pieces (150 cal), canned refried beans (250 cal), cup ramen (330 cal), bread w/ sausage (400 cal). That's around 1480.

HEYY. Not bad. Especially since I burned calories like heck today. >.<

How should I celebrate? MCDONALDS TIME!! [nah]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:51 pm
DATE: June 18, 2009

Day 25

I definitely did not lose 12 pounds in less than a month. I probably weighed less than 145 when I first started to diet... LACK OF A SCALE = TERRIBLE LIFE, gahh. Spending lots & lots of money recently on books/stuff so scale might have to wait for a while. At least 5-8 sounds reasonable, though. Being active + used to binge a LOT = not that hard to drop lbs [yayy!].

Haven't been putting much effort into it recently. Maybe 2000 cal/day. >.< But still exercising a lot.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Strawberry Candy Fantasy

Strawberry Candy Fantasy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:41 pm
DATE: June 21, 2009

Day 28

Had a HUGE cherry flavored slushie today... that's, like, 110 grams of sugar maybe?? x___x
Happy father's day.
Been off track + probably gaining weight back [says my parents].
VEGETABLES TIME...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:48 pm
DATE: June 22, 2009

Day 29

I have decided to quit gaia. It's too addictive for me. I probably spent ten times as much time on here than exercising + losing weight. >___<;;

If anybody still want to keep in touch: email strawberrycandy98@yahoo.com

Strawberry Candy Fantasy

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas