Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DreamingRoses1224

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:03 pm
Nature (title ever changing)
By D’Evelyn Wymore

Prologue

Liquid pools of light stared back at her, wondering about her curly brunette hair and sad hazel eyes, which were filled with tears. Little yellow heads swam with the current, lazing about beneath her and bright green stretches flowed sweetly among them.
Ashley blinked away the threatening tears, telling herself it was pointless to cry about a thing that was unchangeable. She rolled over onto her back, stretching the length of her body across the board walk. The sun was warm and comforting, relaxing her muscles, just as it soothed the nature around her. If only I could stay here all day, she thought to herself, letting her eyes drift down.
“Too bad you can’t, Ashley.” Groaning, she sat up to stare at tall being with mystifying green eyes and glistening gold hair.
“Yes,” she agreed, pulling herself onto her feet, “it is. All this beautiful nature and nobody to care for it.” She glazed her hand over the roses by the stairs and watched them bloom into glorious red love notes. She turned to her brother and saw the hint of a smile behind his always-intense composure. “Stunning things, aren’t they?” She commented, sparing a glance at the flowers that bent toward her as if she were the sun. She turned back to her brother, all hints of happiness gone; the troubling mask had reappeared. “Aaron? Did the meeting not go well?” He lowered his gaze to the ground, a slight furrow in his forehead appearing on his lineless face. He shook his head and sighed. She asked the question that would determine her future. “What happened?”  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:23 pm
I must say that I am intrigued, but you can only work on developing it further if you decide to, write for yourself, not your readers. The description is a bit confusing, you're using too many adjectives, but still not describing the full setting. It seems like you're focusing on the details, when what is really needed in something so short is the big picture. Try, in a situation like this, to really get the setting across efficiently, describing not just details, but the whole thing. Also, it would sound better if it was less purply, fewer adjectives and more description through showing.  

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

Gold Milan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:40 am
I heard this somewhere, I forget who said it,
but someone told me that words are tools
and good tools are efficient, so in order for your words to be good tools
they must be efficient,
or something like that.
the gist of it was that you should use as many words as you have to but not any more than that.
I didn't really quite get what you were describing, and I think that you were trying to use too many words.
You could probably split up a few of those longer sentences too, or rearrange them so that they flow a bit better.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:37 am
For some reason I get the feeling I've read this somewhere else.  

Shallarinath
Crew

Octane Diesel

Dangerous Prophet

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:03 am
Gold Milan

I didn't really quite get what you were describing, and I think that you were trying to use too many words.

This is exactly what I wanted to say.

You were talking about flowers and boardwalks? If you have a unique setting and not somewhere blatant like "car", "school", or "supermarket", describe the place, I don't know what you're trying to tell me when you're bring two completely opposite things together like that.

Your vocabulary use is good though, but I would suggest some major indentation as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:50 pm
Bah these othere commentors. I enjoyed it, I think you should keep at it smile  

Ginjar420

Lady Pica

Salty Wench

8,975 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:15 pm
I'd be interested to see where you go with this if you continue. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:23 pm
Ginjar420
Bah these othere commentors. I enjoyed it, I think you should keep at it smile

Hey, I know you! Actually my comment probably came becuase ATW and I are in a few guild together and I probably read this in one of them and just don't recall the matter.  

Shallarinath
Crew

Novels/Novellas

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces