Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sin City Streets

Back to Guilds

An adult-oriented (18+) environment set in the trendy heart of "Sin City" Las Vegas!!! 

Tags: 18 and Over, Adult, Las Vegas, Party, Games 

Reply === The Strip ===
Share some of your childhood memories...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good Times!
  OH BABY!
View Results

iX Sugar_N_Spice Xi
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:34 pm
Gosh...let's see! I remember the series 'Super Woman', roller skating instead of roller blading was a huge hit, more family time was available because the world wasn't all about work and keeping up with the Jones per say, the series 'Fame' was my all time favorite, O' and Gilligan's Island<--loved it! The beeper was something to carry around, then came the car phones<--yep, not cell phones..I said it correctly. *giggles* Also, when tv went to remote controlling, haha, I remember my dad always calling me into the next room just to turn his channel for him or fix his volume...<--the remote replaced me... crying , lolz..Oh, and how bout' the antenna situation. Who had to manually go outside to turn the antenna and listen to someone from the tv scream, "Stop right there, You got it, Come back in!!!!" LOL..now that is a memory that I will never forget...^_^  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:39 pm
blaugh Oh wow, I remember those days!! I would spend Saturday mornings at my grandparents' house, watching cartoons on their old analog TV. Back then, we only had 5 or 6 channels, and you had to get up & turn that rotary knob on the set to change them! lol I remember as I got older & cable became popular, we had a remote for the TV, but there was this channel box that ran from the cable receiver (yeah, a box that sat on top of our TV!) to the table beside the recliner... it had a slide on it & only offered about 50 channels. OMG!!! I remember when MTV was just MTV!!! Just music videos!! None of that fake reality crap & stupid entertainment shows, just 24/7/365 of music videos!!! Wow, those were some awesome times!! I remember when the first Star Wars movie came out, I must have seen it a dozen times!!

I can't believe how much the world has changed since then... makes me wonder where we'll be in another 40 years.

:3~  

Venomous Ghost
Captain

Nephillium

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:09 pm
Back in my day, I wasn't addicted to TV OMG!!! I used to read and go out and play in the woods with my friends....-coughs- but not in the woods where I was prohibited from, never, I also never went there to eat black berries, what am I talking about -coughs- I miss those days, friends moved, construction destroyed everything (still is) T.T I miss them, but I like where I'm at now, COFFEE SCENE WITH MY BUDS....looking in the window staring at an obvious emo gay guy and his lover and questionable mistress...mister....a guy he might be having an affair with 0.o man that is confusing!!!  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:03 am
I fell alot, off my bike, off a swing, on roller blades, off a tree, down stairs, etc. lol  

oldtillyshifted

Doom Pookie

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:27 pm
I used to sneak my tricycle upstairs and ride it downstairs...it confused my parents b/c they couldn't figure out how I got it up there, and they were afraid I would end up being some sort of daredevil throughout life. And where I lived changed so much...I used to live on some suburbs on the edge of some woods surrounding us with a big mall close by to my house. Now, the busiest streets are around that mall with hundreds of stores (in strip malls) surrounding the "big" mall  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:13 pm
My friends would call me meatball head since I had really long hair and my mom would do buns in my hair just like Sailor moon! lol xD I miss SM! crying I use to go to the beach a lot and ride bikes and I was really good at rollerblading lol Let's say I was much more active back than I am now but I'm making improvements to change =D  

mayu- sakura

5,750 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100

Shroomie Yootz

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:33 pm
Hmm, childhood memories, huh? Lets see. What I miss most of all is when my mom had to go to the store and so she would take my brother and I and she would buy a soda for all 3 of us to share. I miss trolls. I used to collect them, and now the newer ones aren't that great. Wish I could find some old ones so I can get my collection up. Going to the park with my brother was always fun. Chasing around my brothers friends was great too. They were all older than me of course, but they thought it was cute. Ghosts In The Graveyard. Great game. And freeze tag. I loved school too...Especially during recess when my friends and I got one of the dodgeballs so we could play 4 square. Soo many memories. I miss the good ol' days.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:18 am
Sadly I blocked out most of my child hood due to torrents of abuse from my dad. So half the time think I have a memory of that time I'm in Disney Land. LOL But I do remember the music. Blue oyster Cult, Metallica, Ozzy, Pantera, Nirvana, Danzig, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, and so on and so forth. I also remember until seventh grade I was the shyest guy in school. That and stick rock. For those that don't know the game or called it something different, it is when your friend throws a rock at you and you hit it with a stick trying to hit something, Like say your friend who threw it at you. Good times. I wana play stick rock now.  

Scy Lancer

l Sailor Cancer l

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:12 pm
My childhood I remember Xuxa,Jem and The holograms,my little pony,thundercats,he-man,Pogs,Power Rangers,Pee wees playhouse,she-ra,popples, rainbow brite,silverhawks,neon colors, my red thriller jacket,double dare,are you afraid of the dark,all favorite shows and toys n stuff from back then and when mtv played videos,  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:29 am
My favorite childhood memory when I was in 3rd grade.
My uncle (may he rest in peace) knew how to make clothes.
He made me a Sailor Moon costume for a class Halloween party.
He was a big anime fan, he liked to cosplay all the time.
He bought me a blonde wig and he made the meatball-style buns.
I already had one of Sailor Moon's wands.
When the day of the party came, a lot of my friends wondered
how did I get a Sailor Moon costume. I told them my uncle made it.
There was costume contest at school, I won 1st place.
That's how I got into cosplaying. After that my uncle took me
to anime conventions.  

Sorceress Rinoa VIII

5,550 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
=== The Strip ===

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers