Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tau
  Yes
  Meh
View Results

Azrael Swift Blade

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:17 pm
Ok this is a current story i'm writing to match my upcoming Tau army. It charts the rise of my Commander Vre' Taal and how he came to be known through out the Tau Empire. Its not that long so far, but i'm writing more as i get the inspiration and ideas.

Enjoy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vre’ Taal watched from his quarters on board the Vior’ La Gal’ Leath Althena, as the ship settled in high orbit above the snow covered planet of Aun’ Tavre; the latest planet in the third phase expansion of the Tau Empire. The colonisation of the planet was supposed to take place within two weeks of discovery, but intelligence reported that an Ork Waagh had made the planet its home, and was quickly gaining strength.
Vre’ Taal or Commander Swift Blade as he came to be known as was a solitary leader of the Tau Empire. He commanded a small force of Tau forces and yet very few could match his tactics and battlefield presence. Vre’ Taal was a veteran commander when it came to fighting against Xenos forces through out the Tau Empire.

Vre’ Taal continued his silence; sitting down on his bed and shutting his eyes; faint sounds of gun fire and missile explosions started to echo in the back of his mind. Each gun sound was a distant memory, each memory started to turn into a battlefield.
The planet of Nal’ Vacrea was being ravaged by Dark Elder pirates and he was sent to stop them. Thirty troops were all he had against the largest pirate force he had seen since his service in the Empire, yet he fought them. In no more than four hours had those thirty soldiers brought the raiding force to its knees and yet; he only suffered 2 casualties; a Kroot carnivore, and a young Tau Fire Warrior who had only just went through the rituals of the Ta’ Lissera and bonded with his fellow brothers. Since that day he commanded the same forces and they shared a common sense of respect for one another, and would do anything to help.

“Will Commander Vre’ Taal please report to the bridge immediately. That’s Commander Vre’ Taal to the bridge”

The ships intercom buzzed into life and slowly but surely; Vre’ Taal opened his eyes and shifted himself from the bed. With a deep sigh; Vre’ Taal walked out towards the exit and watched the door slide open.
Taking a foot out; he quickly pulled it back in as a group of younger Fire Warriors rushed by, hoping to get to their quarters in as little time as possible.

“Newbie’s” Vre’ Taal sighed once again as he watched them disappear from the corridors. “Well I guess we all have to start somewhere” he finished and walked on towards the bridge.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Not sure if the writer appears anymore with no comments, but I like your writing style, it keeps my attention going, but it has too much bragging not enough going and by that it's agitating when you mention
Quote:
yet very few could match his tactics and battlefield presence
a big boast there I say, as well as you go on about the attack of a very big army of Dark eldar raiders with only thirty Tau troops and yet lose only two Tau causalities.

Like sorry for being a jerk and argumentative here, probably not what'cher looking for either. But what I can say in positivity is that atleast your writing style makes me believer yer boasting of Vre'Taal, I would just like to know how he's a great tactician and how was it that he killed that many Dark eldar with few casualties, for example you lured them somehow into the open and ambushed them from different sides cutting them down and breaking the Dark eldar into a confused panic.

Still though I also go with the floor as yer Vre'Taal observes the battle and then goes to sleep to recall that battle. But have you played Tau firewarrior because the way these Tau speak doesn't sound similar to the ones in the game, in fact they sound more like American world war II soldiers.  

Thy_obsessive_freak

Fiction Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff