Welcome to Gaia! ::

Underground Webcomic Organization (U.W.O.)

Back to Guilds

Tired of the same old Manga stories and want to write your own ORIGINAL MANGA/COMICS, then this is the place for you! 

Tags: Arts, manga, comic, drawing, writing 

Reply The Creator's Critique Area (feedback)
What's your story?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

aisazia
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:40 am
As you know most of you are here because you have a story/manga/comic whatever. I'm more interested in seeing Original Stories instead of Doujinshis.

I'm curious to see what you guys have, whether it's finished or just starting, post your stories here. If you've already started your comic, post your links here. I will try to compile a list of comics made by members in this thread.

Just keep in mind if you haven't started your story, try to keep the info in just a few paragraphs. As much as we'd like to read it all, we all can't read a book. If you want you can provide drawings of your work but this isn't the topic to get serious feedback. Start a new topic if you want feedback. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:42 am
Member Stories/Comics/Manga:

DarKlawStudios - Pilgrim  

aisazia
Captain

AEAcomics

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:21 pm
Pilgrim is about a young woman who wakes up in a strange land without any prophesies, epic questing, or world-saving to do.

It's the shortest and simplest of my story ideas. Currently I'm working on chapter 2.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:14 pm
Sounds interesting Dark. No prophesies, epic questing, or world-saving to do? What's a girl to do then? xd  

aisazia
Captain

RiceAndPotatoes

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:44 pm
As of now I have 5 diffrent Ideas for manga series, each with diffrent settings and plot lines.

1. Gravity
2. The Una
3. The Universe
4. (no name but it's my best idea >.< )
5. The Runner

All of them except 1 and 4 focus on unique people who can use magic and how they live their lives in their dangerous home worlds. 1 is about people whos main source of gravity makes them fall sidways instead of to the ground like us. While 4 is based off of people in an alternative world ( like around the early 1800's) and how they strugle to survive while running away from assasians.

2. Is about a character who is trying to save his homeplanet from an ominous threat (can't tell ya who *wink* )
3. Focuses on a boy who's destiny is to save the galaxy from evil but he himself struggles against his meaning in life.
5. Is about a war time mercinary who uses magic to wipe out other armies. But he soon discovers what true intentions the poeople who are hiring him are up to.

So far I have the basic story lines done for each series along with character sketches but Im not the best at my artwork just yet. SO im practicing before these ideas meet a comic website.  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:28 am
These all sound like interesting stories Ricey! They will definitely be action-packed. XD Goodluck with drawing those!! XD I'm bad at drawing action but I'm sure you'll do great. lol

I'm in a similar situation, I have like 5 stories as well, I have the characters and plot but I've yet to write the whole thing. XD I'm working on them still and I just can't seem to stay with one story at a time. sweatdrop I need to find a way to break that. XD

Anyways, the stories sound great! When you start the comics let me know so I can add you to the list. 3nodding  

aisazia
Captain

RiceAndPotatoes

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:39 pm
Well I could write down the storylines for each one lol. But the way I don't forget any of the stories is by rehearsing each storyline before I go to bed.

Like one night Ill think about everything I want to happen in Runner (from the design of the scenes locations and speech of the characters)

By doing this I never forget and I usually end up making the storyline a little more complex and longer.

And each one has majopr fight scenes in them >.< So ya I really need to improve my art before I start.  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:50 am
aisazia
Sounds interesting Dark. No prophesies, epic questing, or world-saving to do? What's a girl to do then? xd

She'd love to go explore, but she has this knack for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. xp  

AEAcomics

aisazia
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:47 am
@ricey: That's a good plan. I try to think of my stories before I go to bed too. I try to stick with one but then I bounce to another story or create a new one. XD Yeah, my stories also end up too complex. So I start a new one to make it less complex....*fails* XD

Ohhh major fight scenes are awesome!!! I can't draw them at all, I needa practice too. XD Do you have a deviantart? I'd like to see some examples. Maybe we should start a new thread about deviantarts.... XD

@DarK: Ah I see. XD Nothing like being in the wrong place at the wrong time to add excitement to your life. lol  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:24 pm
aisazia
@ricey: That's a good plan. I try to think of my stories before I go to bed too. I try to stick with one but then I bounce to another story or create a new one. XD Yeah, my stories also end up too complex. So I start a new one to make it less complex....*fails* XD

Ohhh major fight scenes are awesome!!! I can't draw them at all, I needa practice too. XD Do you have a deviantart? I'd like to see some examples. Maybe we should start a new thread about deviantarts.... XD

@DarK: Ah I see. XD Nothing like being in the wrong place at the wrong time to add excitement to your life. lol

No I do not. I use photobucket. Also though I take part in a Daily Art Activity. You can see my art there.  

RiceAndPotatoes

SerpentRose

6,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:13 pm
User Image
For the Rose is a Beautiful Flower
There's a prophecy, or to be more accurate several prophecies, concerning a war which will destroy all of humanity. There are those who wish to bring about this war, and those who wish to prevent this war or at least make it far less devastating to the human race.

Characters include:
Aife: a warrior woman who doesn't bleed,
Morgan: A Healer who has no known father, he is beginning to channel another more powerful entity.
Bronwynne: An agent of Nexus with a talent for unravelling spells
Tristan: A fool from our world who followed Bronwynne through a portal
Ellery: A half "elf" with an ability to open gates between realities.
A Beautiful Flower with Thorns
User Image

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:21 am
I'm just going to mention this, just for future reference. "Doujinshi" is kind of just a term for an ameture publishing by someone. Most of the doujinshi market is actually original comics and stories.
So what you just said in your original post OP doesn't make sense.

Just to let you know for next time.  

Serena Rhapsodos

aisazia
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:57 pm
@Serpent: That story sounds interesting! I would look forward to more. ^_^ Good luck!

@Serena: I suppose I didn't make it very clear. I see Doujinshi is also original but I wanted creators with their own stories and characters. While it's nice that people create stories off of someone else's characters, I wanted people who wanted to create their own from scratch. I hope you understand, I'm looking for unique originality, not originality based off someone else's story by creating an alternate reality or ending from the original story.  
The Creator's Critique Area (feedback)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games