Submit

we like gold?
  yes?
  no?
  duh!
View Results

Darth_Magus1

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:56 am
Just my opinion but curious if others are having the same thoughts or opinions for the case of anime slowing down:

1. Best Buy's slowed bring in new anime to a trickle. I haven't brought a new anime dvd from them in at least 2 months.

2. Lately box sets have been released instead of individual discs

3. No reports on continuations of different series, example: Blood+...no word on the 2nd half's release

4. different anime companies fallen into bankruptcy with different titles being lost

any similar thoughts or counter arguments?  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:26 am
I have to blame cartoon network for the most part because they have almost stopped showing anime and since we don't really have an anime channel no new series of anime can get a huge fanbase and get its name out there.  

Skulls Deadbody

cagalli1543

7,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:43 pm
Hey matt! I didn't know you were in this guild!

I personally like the boxsets. It's cheaper! ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:18 pm
Skulls Deadbody
I have to blame cartoon network for the most part because they have almost stopped showing anime and since we don't really have an anime channel no new series of anime can get a huge fanbase and get its name out there.
I totally agree. Now to watch anime you have to stay up until 3 in the morning, but luckily I have FUNimation..  

nevershoutdawson

Darth_Magus1

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:09 am
even the anime shop near me's slowing down, went there yesterday and only brought 3 new manga, didn't find the 2nd half of Clannad  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:41 pm
It's probably slowing down in some areas... I know it is in mine...

But like there this local store thats good about getting a lot of anime/dramas and products to go along with them.  

jmpeer

An Anime Addict's Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff