Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[Anime/Manga] Natsume Yujincho

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:42 am
User Image

Natsume Yujinchou is one of my favorite series lately. It's about a boy named Natsume Takashi. He has the ability to see spirits, but he keeps it hidden. Natsume is an orphan and is constantly shuffled from place to place. Because of his ability to see spirits, people think he's creepy or lying, so Natsume has led a very lonely life up until now. Finally, he's found a family that accepts him, but he also discovers his heritage.

His grandmother, Natsume Reiko, used to collect the names of spirits that she beat in duels. The name is a very powerful thing and by collecting the names of spirits in a book, she has formed contracts with them. Natsume has inherited his grandmother's book and now the spirits are after him in order to reclaim their names. A strange lucky cat that he accidentally freed agrees to be his bodyguard. Slowly, Natsume returns the names to the spirits and comes to grips with his power to see spirits and help both them and humans.

The anime is very pretty! I really really enjoyed it. It's so smooth and pretty. And there are a few potential pairings in this one.

User Image

First, there's Natori Shuichi, the famous handsome actor who also has the ability to see spirits and befriends and guides Natsume. They even take a Hot Springs trip together!

Then there's Natsume's friend, Tanuma Kaname. He has a weak ability to see spirits and often helps Natsume out when he can. He is a person that Natsume can just talk about spirits with without fear of rejection.

Then there's the spirits themselves. I've seen a few people pair Natsume up with his cat bodyguard, Nyanko-Sensei or Madara, in a human form. The series does not show him in a human form, but it's possible. There's also a cute little fox boy that seems to have taken a real liking to Natsume as well as Kai, another spirit.

User Image

So anyway, has anyone else watched the anime or read the manga? What are your thoughts? Who would you pair Natsume with, if anybody?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:33 pm
aw~♫
It sounds like a cute/interesting anime! Something light for summer vacation,I say lol
Thanks for sharing! Will definitively look it up at my video store!
(I will get back to you about who I would pair up xD lol )  

Mage_Almasy

[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games