Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Music Artists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

A musician's guild! 

Tags: musicians, music, instruments, bands 

Reply The Music Artists Guild
Do you make music then lyrics? Or vice versa? Which is best? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is easier to write?
  Music
  Lyrics
  ....Depends
View Results

Oshega

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:02 am
When I write my songs I just let my soul talk throw my ballpoint pin and let the ink link to my fans. Just your hands do blue magic. burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:31 am
When writing a song if you do the melody first and then the lyrics, it feels as if the lyrics were forced into it. At least that's what I think.

I always make the lyrics first and have someone accompany me on the guitar while I sing, or I just do it myself.  

Radiant Seizure

Optimistic Semi-Goth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:37 am
I write lyrics first, and as I'm writing, I try to figure out the melody by singing it in my head, then out loud.

So, I kind of do both at the same time... XD  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:51 pm
Bits of lyrics always come to me so I start with the words and then work on the melody at a later time. After I have the lyrics down it all starts coming together in my head - The music, the visual concept and all.

It's funny that right now at school I am working on an original song with the band. We started putting bits of music together until we had the melody and now it's up to me (as the singer) to write the lyrics... I have no idea why but it is proving difficult. I have some phrases, some harmonies and the like but the lyrics aren't finished yet! Ugh. Maybe I have some sort of block with this particular song? sweatdrop

Kiosh

4,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Arc En Licorne

5,300 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:06 am
i like to write the lyrics first coz im better at them and i think its easier to write the lyrics first then the music to go with it ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:27 pm
if i know exactly what i'm going to write about, i write the lyrics first. if i'm just in the mood to write i do both at the same time  

Shawnna2013

The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces