Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Wait, I'm an extremist? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:41 pm
Recursive Paradox
I really think you're jumping the gun here, Cyrus. The wording is a little sloppy but it would take a really stupid DHS employee to genuinely mistake that as a claim that all Asatru are racist criminals.

And that particular stupid employee would perpetuate one bad case that would promptly end in the DHS apologizing, retracting its actions and firing said stupid employee. And that is the absolute worst, most unlikely case.

I think you're just being a bit paranoid.

Thank you Poe, I actually agree with this upon further review. My only real problem is if that one bad case were to happen, which would suck for someone. Guess N Guilty Men was drilled into my head a bit too hard ninja  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:44 pm
Recursive Paradox
I really think you're jumping the gun here, Cyrus. The wording is a little sloppy but it would take a really stupid DHS employee to genuinely mistake that as a claim that all Asatru are racist criminals.

And that particular stupid employee would perpetuate one bad case that would promptly end in the DHS apologizing, retracting its actions and firing said stupid employee. And that is the absolute worst, most unlikely case.

I think you're just being a bit paranoid.
More this. I'll admit, I don't like the wording at all, for Racial Nordic or some of the other entries, but I don't find it bad enough to think discrimination could take place.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:00 am
Sometimes children of Ash and Elm screw the pooch.
Also, there are some Godhi who preach a particular meta-genetic.
Amongst them, there are some that have a more than slight disregard for children of clay or some other material. Others simply claim that outsiders can never be otherwise.
Asshattery happens in all religions.
Heck, there are even fellows in my own faith who believe it is not only acceptable, but divine duty to kill any Mohammedan.
Some people drew connections where they existed, but seem to have misappropriated causality.
Sorta like when we mention that horrid little troglodyte who protests the funerals of the valourous slain and launches pogroms against persons who have sensual tastes not his own claims to be, and is in fact, recognized as (by some sects) a Christian. We are thinking, reasonable entities most of the time, we know not all Christians are like him, we know that it wasn't Christianity that made him a vile little pustule. However, yammering masses will always quote him while condemning Christians.
If nothing else, be happy, it means your faith is being shown the same respect that more "mainstream" religions have won for themselves. The right to be lambasted for the petulance of a few loud idiots.  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:40 am
Cyrus the Elder

Thank you Poe, I actually agree with this upon further review. My only real problem is if that one bad case were to happen, which would suck for someone. Guess N Guilty Men was drilled into my head a bit too hard ninja

There's always going to be unfortunate cases where one person gets inconvenienced and annoyed, but beyond that no permanent or serious damage should be done.

I would be more worried about the laws on the books in a few states that treat two sixteen year olds having sex consensually with each other as mutual sex offenders and labels them accordingly legally. That ruins lives.

But that being said, Big Brother is sneaky. Stay vigilant. o_o  

Recursive Paradox

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:44 am
Recursive Paradox

But that being said, Big Brother is sneaky. Stay vigilant. o_o

*runs about flailing* OMFG THEY'RE ONTO US! gonk  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:13 pm
Cyrus the Elder

So, you have to wait until annoyingly vague government policy and the like is misused to point out that it could conceivably be easily misused? confused
When other safeguards are in place to ensure it doesn't happen, yes.

Because what you're describing is a twisting of several established systems which each have to fail in order for the outcome you're talking about to occur.

Quote:

Then what "bias" do I have that would cause me to deflect away from racists and attack those attacking racists?
Unconscious ones by the wording of the post.  

TeaDidikai

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:38 pm
TeaDidikai
Unconscious ones by the wording of the post.

*ahem*.

Let me ask for clarification here, are you making shitty armchair psychology judgments about the implication of my post, or being a smart-a** and referencing back to Deo's post?

Edited to remove rage.  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:14 pm
Cyrus the Elder
And Deo, kindly don't even insinuate that I'm in any way shape or form ******** stare

I was speaking as much to myself as to anyone else, but go all defensive if you really want to and miss the larger picture, by all means.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:41 pm
Deoridhe
Cyrus the Elder
And Deo, kindly don't even insinuate that I'm in any way shape or form ******** stare

I was speaking as much to myself as to anyone else, but go all defensive if you really want to and miss the larger picture, by all means.

I didn't miss the larger picture thanks. And the only reason why I'm getting "defensive" is that by implying that I have biases that are pro-racist, it's an insult not merely to my honor, but to the intelligence of my friends. Everything besides the bias part I'm willing to consider, however, I do not take slights against my friends or my honor sitting down.

Edit: And yes, before you say it, I know you weren't implying it directly, however even implying there's a chance of that is, quite bluntly offensive. Imply I have anti-government bias, sure, whatever, I probably do to some extent, but don't even bring up the idea that I'm biased towards those ******** that happily rape my beliefs to justify bigotry, hate, and in some cases, murder. In short, if you're going to talk to yourself about something which can conceivably be taken in offense, kindly actually talk to yourself. Racism is a touchy issue for reasons I shall not go into here, and any implication that I am pro-racist will be met with a challenge.  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:59 am
Cyrus the Elder
In short, if you're going to talk to yourself about something which can conceivably be taken in offense, kindly actually talk to yourself.

I wasn't the one objecting to people reporting reality because someone might think that reality reflected on me.

I recognize, however, that your honor is more offended by the association with racism and less offended by the actual perpetration of it within the religion you are associated with. I chose to focus less on honor and more on reality, overtly countering not the people who point out the truth - which is that white supremacists try to hide in my religion and use it to perpetrate and spread racism - but the people who are dishonoring the gods and spreading bigotry.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:54 pm
Deoridhe
Cyrus the Elder
In short, if you're going to talk to yourself about something which can conceivably be taken in offense, kindly actually talk to yourself.

I wasn't the one objecting to people reporting reality because someone might think that reality reflected on me.

I recognize, however, that your honor is more offended by the association with racism and less offended by the actual perpetration of it within the religion you are associated with. I chose to focus less on honor and more on reality, overtly countering not the people who point out the truth - which is that white supremacists try to hide in my religion and use it to perpetrate and spread racism - but the people who are dishonoring the gods and spreading bigotry.

The DHS didn't offend my honor Deo, they're just being poorly worded idiots, you were the one who offended my honor. Not for "stating the truth" but for implying that I was baiting and switching and that this could be because I have pro-racist biases.

Pretty-much everything in your post right there is wrong, I'll object to the DHS using broad terms, sure, but I save the real nasty stuff for those who misuse my religion. But hey, whatever, believe what you want, even when it's blatantly false.  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:13 pm
locking this by request. You don't have to go home, but you can't play here folks  

maenad nuri
Captain

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas