Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spellcraft

7,250 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:13 am
Anyone know any good books where the gods/dieties of that realm takes an active part in the story?

Books like...
>Belgariad and Malloreon - David Eddings
> Elenium and Tamuli - David Eddings
> Elric Saga - Michael Moorcock
> Diablo - The Sin War - Richard A. Knaak
> Warcraft - War of the Ancients - Richard A. Knaak  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:10 pm
Tamora Pierce's series from Tortall have the gods participating at random parts.

The Song of the Lionness quartet
The Immortals quartet
Protector of the Small quartet
The Trickster duology

The gods have amore active role in some books than others.  

NightIntent
Captain

Guy in Boxes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:59 pm
There's a series called Everworld and i can't remember who wrote it but it's a world that all of the old gods created and are know living in and have very active roles in the books  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:19 am
I think Everworld is by K.A. Applegate. Only reason I know that is 'cause I loved Animorphs when I was younger. XDD  

NightIntent
Captain

Minerva the Bookwyrm

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:45 am
Aside from Tamora Pierce's books, there's the Guardians of Time by Marianne Curley and The Silmarillion by J. R. R. Tolkien.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:45 am
Erm, not to sound very... not classic, but how about Percy Jackson and the Olympians The first book is The Lightning Thief. It's about the sons and daughters of the gods, but the gods come in too.  

Harmonious Dischord

7,500 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Eragon-12015

13,225 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:40 am
NightIntent
I think Everworld is by K.A. Applegate. Only reason I know that is 'cause I loved Animorphs when I was younger. XDD

Yeah it is by K.A. Applegate. I recently finished these myself after seeing them at the library. It doesn't take very long to read them at all. The only complaint I have about them is the way she ended it. She could have written more but she sort of just stopped.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:48 am
Well I have some that sort of fall into this category that you've set. It's sort of a stretch though.
The first one is Elantris by Brandon Sanderson. There aren't any gods in it, but sometimes it you are lucky the Shaod would take you and give you the powers of a god. All of these people did magic and stuff with things called Aons. They release this energy called the Dor by drawing these shapes. The only thing is that there is a problem with the Dor and everyone taken by the Shaod is cursed with a dead and decaying body and they can't use aons. They can draw them but not use them. So they try and figure out what is wrong while in Elantris. It was a very good book. I highly recommend it.
The other is a series also by Brandon Sanderson. It's the Mistborn Trilogy. Some guy conquered the world pretty much and they call him the Lord Ruler. Most worship him like he is some god who saved them from something terrible. Also very good books.  

Eragon-12015

13,225 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conversationalist 100

koorimefiregirl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:00 pm
In David Weber's Oath of Swords the war god has to talk to his chosen warrior personally, after said warrior ignores his dreams and chucks the god's high priest into a river.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:19 pm
Sins & Shadows by Lyn Benedict  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out