Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
They're bloody SWEETS! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spatterdash

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:28 am
I'm like that with fruit gums. Once I've opened a packet, I simply have to eat them all, even though about two-thirds of the way through my tongue gets sore and it doesn't taste as nice.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:02 am
Spatterdash
I'm like that with fruit gums. Once I've opened a packet, I simply have to eat them all, even though about two-thirds of the way through my tongue gets sore and it doesn't taste as nice.

I get that too.

If you stop long enough to stretch the next one until it's thin enough in the middle to see light through then you end up tasting them properly again.

Invictus_88
Captain

Gazin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:07 pm
I love cadbury. blaugh

And I agree. What's up with that word. Candy... at least sweets describe what the items they're naming are. But I saw candy more because I grew up in America.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:42 pm
Oh god I have two cadbury caramels in my drawer now calling out to me...why did you mention Cadbury?!

dreaming_mouse

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:02 pm
Gazin
I love cadbury. blaugh

And I agree. What's up with that word. Candy... at least sweets describe what the items they're naming are. But I saw candy more because I grew up in America.

So, is candy a generic term?

Is is sweets, sweets and chocolate or does it even include biscuits and cakey-things?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:44 pm
dreaming_mouse
Oh god I have two cadbury caramels in my drawer now calling out to me...why did you mention Cadbury?!
Could you post me one? I can't get them often in the U.S. You can't resist the call of cadbury! Oooooooo!  

Gazin

Gazin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:47 pm
Invictus_88
Gazin
I love cadbury. blaugh

And I agree. What's up with that word. Candy... at least sweets describe what the items they're naming are. But I say candy more because I grew up in America.

Is is sweets, sweets and chocolate or does it even include biscuits and cakey-things?
Hm....good point. I guess it includes chocolates and sweets. But biscuits are sweet and so are cakes and tarts... I guess it means the whole lot. But is aimed towards chocolate and sweets.

It's a mystery. And now I have a huge urge for malteasers and the closest ones are about 30 miles away in the imported goods store! crying  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:58 pm
This guild has some sweets fixation.

'Sweets' used to refer to all things that were sweet, including cakes and ice cream, although we don't tend to think of them as 'sweets' anymore; they have their own seperate classification under "things that are sweet".  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

LLT

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:26 am
Invictus_88
Gazin
I love cadbury. blaugh

Well to me, candy does not include biscuits and cakey-things at all. It's just...candy. o.O Chocolate, hard rock candies, gum, soft gummies, lollipops and stuff like that. Biscuits and cake like things are baked goods or maybe classed next to cookies because you have cookies, candy and genres like that here.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:30 am
Zoutout
Acid drops. Booyah.

*drops acid*. Booyah.
werthers originals kick a**, but I do love my chocolate, theres too many nice sweets to name. I've got a really sweet tooth. mmmmmmmmmmm sugar. mrgreen  

Rev.Matt

Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces