Perhaps a little advice? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Animosh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:20 pm
DayDreamingDemon
This is where we ask for help, right? I hope I did this right. I feel like such a noob...

Ok, so. You know how when a character in your story needs to tell a story to another character of events in the past? Like a story within the story? Well, I've gotten to a part like that in a story of mine, and I am having the most difficult time figuring out what format to put the second story in. Any ideas on how I should make him tell the story?

Also, I need a name...think gypsy. A nice, sweet girl gypsy. I suck at names .__.

"Yes, I remember it. Too well...."

Tuesday, 1705, Stone Arms Inn

Ale in grasp, (main character's name) scanned the tavern from beneath the awning of his drooping hood. The man was nearing, hands clenched at his sides like iron weights on a pendulum. Too soon he stood over the table. Too soon he dropped his fist upon the stained oak. Too soon his scarlet eyes dropped to (main character's name)'s level.

I always like flashbacks. They are clear, easy to understand, and it never gets awkward writing them. It's simply a different time and place.

As for a name, go to 20000-names.com and find some cool names. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:49 am
Barefoot Shepherdess
DayDreamingDemon
This is where we ask for help, right? I hope I did this right. I feel like such a noob...

Ok, so. You know how when a character in your story needs to tell a story to another character of events in the past? Like a story within the story? Well, I've gotten to a part like that in a story of mine, and I am having the most difficult time figuring out what format to put the second story in. Any ideas on how I should make him tell the story?

Also, I need a name...think gypsy. A nice, sweet girl gypsy. I suck at names .__.

"Yes, I remember it. Too well...."

Tuesday, 1705, Stone Arms Inn

Ale in grasp, (main character's name) scanned the tavern from beneath the awning of his drooping hood. The man was nearing, hands clenched at his sides like iron weights on a pendulum. Too soon he stood over the table. Too soon he dropped his fist upon the stained oak. Too soon his scarlet eyes dropped to (main character's name)'s level.

I always like flashbacks. They are clear, easy to understand, and it never gets awkward writing them. It's simply a different time and place.

As for a name, go to 20000-names.com and find some cool names. smile

Thanks for the help!  

alteghost

Shameless Bit

24,075 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Buggin' 500
Writing Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff