Welcome to Gaia! ::

Coffee Stains & Crumpled Paper -- A Writers Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for writers of all kinds. 

Tags: writing, prose, poetry, writers, reading 

Reply Roleplay
Dragon Chronicles:Gods of War, and Times of Peace OPEN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:21 pm
Delia pushed open the door to see Jack sitting down and reading a book. A very ordinary scene, considering he'd just come from battle. She stepped into the room.

"You wanted to see me? And, you know, if you're telling me that I'm not really suited to this, could you just, well, sugercoat it a bit? I don't know if I could take full blown rejection right now. Trust me, I get, wierd, without much sleep-" Delia cut herself off, looking apologeticly at Reaper. "Yeah, wierd includes rambling, in case you were wondering."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:26 pm
Jack smirked. "Don't worry, I'm the same when I've used up too much mana without resting." He bent the corner of the page, placing the book back on the table, and leaned forward. "Well now... how do I put this...." He rubbed his chin, his mind still going over the plan. "Well, you did excellent in the mission, even though it ended in failure. You and Sergio got out alive, that's what counts." He nodded, sitting back. "Right now, I cannot make a desicion, if you get in or not...." He looked away, a slight smile coming to his lips. "However, you are going to be getting more training. Until further notice, you are Shadow Corp."  

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:37 pm
Delia smiled. "Training, I can deal with." Her smile faded a bit. "But, there won't be any more, tests, will there?" She asked aprehensively. "I don't think the Dragons will appreciated what I did to their cell. I'm just not really that fond of the idea that I'll make more, well, not enemies, but unfriendly acquaintances." But if that's what has to happen, that's completely fine then, I didn't just say a think about not wanting to." She smiled apologetically again and brought her hand up to the back of her neck.

"But, thank you. For everything. I'm not one to get overly sentimental, but I'm guessing that it wasn't really the most normal situation I should up in." She laughed a bit, "You know? I was sure that you were going to blow up my ship for a moment. I think that this beats that outcome, so, thank you agian."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:47 pm
Jack smiled. "Well, some would say fate brought you to our door Delia... I say, you made a choice, and the consequences... well, they worked out for ya. The Excalibur is heading for Earth, so, you'll get to train in the Tower, Shadow Corp HQ. We're taking it slow, as the generators are kinda strained after the battle, so it'll be about 24 hours until we're home... until then..." He stood up, curled his right hand into a fist, then hit his chest where his heart was, the Shadow Corp salute. "You are dismissed!" He grinned, sitting down again.  

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:57 pm
Delia smiled as well and copied Reaper's gesture. She didn't leave though.

"Just, about the battle. Did you- Is Valentine gone? Dead, I mean. Or, did he get away? I would hate to know that he did, after all that. I almost wish that I could have done it, just so I'd know for sure. But, he was so strong. It was like nothing I'd seen before."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:00 pm
Jack sighed. "b*****d was gone before I could track him. " He shrugged. "We all fail sometimes, it happens. But, we got the planet, that was the real misson." Jack nodded, rubbing his eyes. "Next time, he won't get away, you know what he can do, and he can't run from me. Not forever."  

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:06 pm
"Oh," was all Delia said. So he had gotten away. A thought struck her then.

"When I saw him, he was using his mana as a shield, and not just some inconsequential thing, it stopped the bullet from Longshot's gun. How could he keep up a shield that strong without getting worn out? And it's not like he was expecting us, it seemed like that shield was just a regular thing for him. It doesn't make sense."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:08 pm
Jack smirked, and pulled free his pistol, throwing it to Delia. "Shoot me." He stood up, and turned away, yawning slightly. "This is so I don't know when you're going to shoot, and, with your eye, you can see if I do anything unsusal with my mana."  

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:18 pm
Delia caught the pistol. "So, you can do the same thing then? 'Cause I don't think you'd let me do this if it was otherwise." She brought the pistol up and aimed it at him. She closed her left eye and focused on the mana around him, it didn't change. Before she could chicken out of shooting the man who was effectively her boss, she pulled the trigger.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:24 pm
Jack smiled, as the bolt simply.... vanished, in mid air. "That, my girl, was the counteracting effect of mana, on a non-solid object." He turned to face Delia, tilting his head to the side. "Now, Valentine was never strong enough to stop a bullet from Longshot's rifle, at the range you were at, I can just stop it. Basically, what happens is the bullet, which is simply a bolt of controlled energy, or in the case of that pistol, mana, which is shaped, and launched, when you pull the trigger. Now, over time, it will lose speed, and energy, eventually just fizzling out into nothing. However, when it gets close to a living creature, that can use magic, the mana that escapes a persons body actually slows the bullet down, and drains the energy from it. The stronger the mage the person is, the more effect it has."
Jack nodded to himself. "Now, the ability diminishes, if multiple bullets hit the shield one after another, or at the same time. Only fast bullets, with lots of energy have a higher chance of getting through." He smirked, releasing a little bit of his mana. "Of course, what you saw was just my 'passive' shield. A person can learn to use an 'active' shield as well. For me, it means I can stop almost any projectile."

((sorry, gotta go, might be back later))

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:26 pm
((okay, bye!))  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:42 pm
Delia listened to Reaper's explanation quietly. When he was finished she handed him back his gun.

"But still, you said that he wasn't that strong before. And that could easily mean that others of the Remnants are getting stronger as well." Delia smirked suddenly, changing her serious tone. "Well, they could be doing any number of things, but really, so could I." Her stomach growled right on cue. "I think I'm going to go head off and get some food, and then maybe get cleaned up properly."  

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:45 pm
Jack grinned. "Yes, it does mean they're getting stronger... but no-one, can stand up to Toku, Drake, or myself. After all, we are called 'Gods' for a reason." He took the pistol, and sat down again, opening his book at where he had finished. "Louise should be at the mess hall. Along with Alpha squad, if I'm not mistaken. So, you'll get to meet the Shadow Corp's number one offensive unit."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:56 pm
Delia smirked at his remark about 'gods.' She'd have to see something truely mind-blowing for herself to really belive it. She'd seen her fair share of 'amazing,' but not mind-blowing yet.

"I guess I'll be going then." She nodded at him and stepped out of the room. She was pleased to see a blue line on the floor which must have led to the mess hall. Delia began walking along it, her steps quickening as she realized how hungry she was.  

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:05 pm
Jack simply sunk lower into his seat, sighing happily as he flicked through the pages. He hadn't relaxed in ages, since the Puppeteer fell to his blade... well, Chaos' blade, to be exact, Jack wasn't experienced enough to summon his own blade, yet. The day would come though....

Louise grinned, nodding as Lerus, the Alpha Squad commander, remarked on one of his many stories, explaining how the squad had single handedly diverted a whole division of the Puppeteer's army, before leading them into an ambush. She knew he was exaggerating a little, as she had been watching the whole operation, but he was allowed to.

Alpha squad were the best after all. The group continued to exchange stories, laughing and shouting. After all, Alpha Squad loved their jobs.

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff