Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
New To Polytheism: Seeking Advice, Please! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:34 am
Sophist
I see. Thanks for taking the time to clarify. You must be very in tune with yourself because I think if I came across this situation I might not be so discriminative! I suppose this is something I'd have to work on for myself, but your examples gave me an idea of what I might look for.
Ever heard of a Bio Feedback monitor? I ask because it was one of the earliest tools my Nana had be use to practice this kind of thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:26 am
TeaDidikai
Sophist
I see. Thanks for taking the time to clarify. You must be very in tune with yourself because I think if I came across this situation I might not be so discriminative! I suppose this is something I'd have to work on for myself, but your examples gave me an idea of what I might look for.
Ever heard of a Bio Feedback monitor? I ask because it was one of the earliest tools my Nana had be use to practice this kind of thing.

Sounds vaguely familiar. In what way would you use it for these aims? If the monitor notices a fluctuation in stress patterns (I'm guessing) when you try to change the conception of a deity, would that indicate that the conception was originally true?  

Bastemhet

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:52 pm
Sophist

Sounds vaguely familiar. In what way would you use it for these aims? If the monitor notices a fluctuation in stress patterns (I'm guessing) when you try to change the conception of a deity, would that indicate that the conception was originally true?
It's a useful tool in practicing meditation and the tool gives a very intuitive understanding of how personal energy feels when it feeds back on itself.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:22 am
TeaDidikai
Sophist

It's a useful tool in practicing meditation and the tool gives a very intuitive understanding of how personal energy feels when it feeds back on itself.

Innnteresting. I'll have to look into that, thanks.  

Bastemhet

Bjornhona

Dapper Swapper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:34 pm
Good news in a couple aspects for me... I thought I would post here, since I made this topic, and I don't like just starting new ones for the sake of news on my part...(although I might be able to make a pathway post and just update it there...there's an idea! sweatdrop )

I am to take a class on aromatherapy for a few Sundays, which is very, very exciting. The instructor said he was not only going to teach about the therapy of the scents and how blending them can be valuable, but also how to extract certain oil/pulp/etc from specific plants! :] I am also starting school for massage therapy, holistic healing, and myofascial release on Monday. This will be a (somewhat) long process, but I am so excited to finally be on my way and obtaining what I need to become a good therapist.

The lack of relevance in that to this thread is...astounding...but...

On a more-related note, I've been trying to understand more about Hellenic culture, sociology, and theology. I am reading The Iliad, a historical recount of events in Ancient Greece called Hellenic History v. 4, and a book called The Greek Way by Edith Hamilton right now. I read The Odyssey and Theogony. I am currently reading up on Aphrodite, Dionysos, Apollo, and Athene more specifically to learn more about their natures and backgrounds. I have been meditating with my newfound knowledge in mind. Hopefully this will lead to a more educated, happier sense of belonging and being. :]

Thank you to anybody who read this,
Sae.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:33 pm
Leaf Worship
Good news in a couple aspects for me... I thought I would post here, since I made this topic, and I don't like just starting new ones for the sake of news on my part...(although I might be able to make a pathway post and just update it there...there's an idea! sweatdrop )

I am to take a class on aromatherapy for a few Sundays, which is very, very exciting. The instructor said he was not only going to teach about the therapy of the scents and how blending them can be valuable, but also how to extract certain oil/pulp/etc from specific plants! :] I am also starting school for massage therapy, holistic healing, and myofascial release on Monday. This will be a (somewhat) long process, but I am so excited to finally be on my way and obtaining what I need to become a good therapist.

On a more-related note, I've been trying to understand more about Hellenic culture, sociology, and theology. I am reading The Iliad, a historical recount of events in Ancient Greece called Hellenic History v. 4, and a book called The Greek Way by Edith Hamilton right now. I read The Odyssey and Theogony. I am currently reading up on Aphrodite, Dionysos, Apollo, and Athene more specifically to learn more about their natures and backgrounds. I have been meditating with my newfound knowledge in mind. Hopefully this will lead to a more educated, happier sense of belonging and being. :]

Sae.
Spiff. Good luck with your schooling.  

TeaDidikai

Bjornhona

Dapper Swapper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:08 pm
TeaDidikai
Leaf Worship

Sae.
Spiff. Good luck with your schooling.

Thanks very much!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:12 pm
Definitely try the Homeric Hymns Leaf. Short, yet very informative.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

Bjornhona

Dapper Swapper

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:24 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Definitely try the Homeric Hymns Leaf. Short, yet very informative.

Ahh, thanks very much, I'll be certain to check that out. It's very exciting to get new pieces of information. -twirl-  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff