Reply Fiction Subforum
[40K] Unnamed Project

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

waywardWarden

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:31 pm
This is just me posting a short fiction piece, bit by bit. Though, it really isn't short, it's just fiction...but, whatever. This is because I am in the process of writing it; every day or so, I will post another portion, with partitions for the chapters. This will revolve around a fictional Chapter of Space Marines, the Dark Redeemers.

Background Fluff:

2nd Founding, of the Ultramarines Chapter, their home planet is Edusius, Galactically North-East of Macragge. Armour colours are dark, dark blue with black trim, and their chapter symbol is a broken Ultramarines 'U' straight down the middle. The right side is gone, replaced with a bloodied eagle wing. Currently deployed to the planet Alessius to quell an insurrection beside the Imperial Guard.

I'll post the first bit soon. And if any of you have ever read my RP posting...well, you will know what to expect. For those of you who don't know me, I will tend to be more entertaining than by-the-book with rules.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:20 pm
CHAPTER I: DROP

The drop pod shook as Sergeant Etrius of the 3rd Company Dark Redeemers cast his gaze about the small pod. A small, red light burned furiously over the heads of his 6 Marines as the pod shook like a thing possessed. Etrius recognized the problem as the pod's screen reported it. "We have been clipped by a Point Defense Laser. Our new course is now closer to the enemy than was our original intent. We will have first blood!" he yelled above the sound of screaming air. "We must secure a position for the rest of the Company, Dark Redeemers, and we will do so with our bolters and blades!" There was a teeth-jarring thud as the pod landed. Las-fire from the traitor PDF units were impacting the hull with light ping noises. "And secure it we shall! Even to our dying breath! For Emperor! Bring the enemy their due destruction!" he roared as he hit the release button. The crash harnesses popped open as the doors dropped downward with a clang.

A large paved area greeted the Dark Redeemers, peppered with small craters and shattered buildings. The sky was a red-orange, the colors in alternating streaks. Polluted clouds hung over the sun, distorting it's color. In the distance, Etrius could make out other drop pods landing. He shifted his gaze back to the scene before him as a las-bolt impacted on the left spaulder of his armour.

The traitor PDF troops were close, charging towards the pod and it's 7 occupants across open terrain with wild abandon. Etrius opened fire with his bolt pistol, taking a heretic in the head in a bloody spray, another through the left thigh. That was when Etrius noticed.

There was no doubt from the briefing that they had fallen far from the Emperor's guiding hand, but Etrius was shocked and disgusted. He could make out the works of Tzeentch, the Changer of Ways. He picked out one, noting as he fired that his target had been covered in boils. Another had small, wart-like eyes protruding from every place there used to be skin. One had tentacles instead of arms and legs, and the one next to him had warped and runny flesh, like a distorted photograph or a melted wax candle.

Etrius noted this all as he opened fire, a bloody spray his reward for every shell his bolt pistol spat. The heretics were close now, and Etrius bounded forward as he thumbed the activation rune of his chainsword. With a roar, he brought the blade downwards in a vicious chop, the PDF trooper actually managing to bring his lasgun up fast enough to try to block the deadly blade. There was a screech as the teeth bit into the comparatively soft metal of the lasgun, and, with a flash of sparks, the blade bit through the gun and hit the trooper's left shoulder, going downwards and to the right as it rent the heretic in two. A spray of blood splashed onto Etrius' armour as he pulled the blade out, swinging it left to right with his right hand as his left fired into the mass of troops.

Suddenly, bolter fire ripped into the heretic ranks, delivered by Etrius' men. Explosive, mass-reactive shells ripped apart flesh as the 7 Marines pushed the dozens-strong heretics back. Finally, their will broke, and they retreated. One of Etrius' Marines, a brazen lad named Fenius, took a step past Etrius to pursue, but the Sergeant held up his hand: the order to cease action. "Dig fortifications, and prepare for the second wave," he ordered, before picking up a metal plate from beneath his feet. "They will surely be back, and in far greater numbers." he added. That said, he jammed a corner of the square plate into the ground with a grunt, and began digging a ditch as his men did the same.  

waywardWarden

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:23 am
Sounds more like Nurgle to me from the way you describe those enemies, plus they aren't very marine-like if they're digging in instead of sweeping off and away in pursuit of important mission parameters.

Just my two cents.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:55 pm
Lt. Brookman
Sounds more like Nurgle to me from the way you describe those enemies, plus they aren't very marine-like if they're digging in instead of sweeping off and away in pursuit of important mission parameters.

Just my two cents.

True, true, but at this point, they are kloms from the main force. I just think they'd wait for reinforcements....but that'd be boring. Onward, Redeemers!  

waywardWarden

waywardWarden

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:16 pm
Etrius blinked away the sparks from his vision, tears and blood flowing mixed down his face. His helmet was rent; the upper-left half of it, from eyepiece to skullcap, was gone. With a grunt, he ripped off the helmet. Voices tore at his ears as his vision came into focus; Vorius and Fenius were dragging him now, and as he looked down at his body, his mind snapped back as well.

Etrius had been sitting against the lip of a crater, no doubt from the same artillery shell that had knocked him out. The 7 Marines, as he had remembered, had been digging light fortifications for use as a fallback point when the shelling had begun. Krax had been torn in half, he recalled, then he had been flung through the air like a ragdoll. And as he thought back, several heretics' heads peeked over the crater.

"No!" he roared defiantly as a missile launcher came into view on one of the heretics' shoulders. Taking aim, he fired with the bolt pistol in his left hand, his right clutched over the hilt of his sheathed chainsword.

A shell tore off the shoulder of the heretic next to the launcher. The next, into the gut of a Sergeant bellowing orders. Finally, his third shell hit home, taking the launcher's carrier's head. Blood fountained from the gory stump for a second before the body toppled forward into the crater.

The rest of his body finally responding, Etrius dashed off his carriers' arms off and sprang to his feet. With a cry of, "For the Emperor!" he unsheathed his chainsword as he fired, thumbing the activation rune. The blades sprang into life, and, as he reached the enemy charge, he tore it through the nearest Heretic he could. His pistol was near useless, so he holstered it and proceeded with his chainsword in two hands.

((Will edit this later today, and lengthen it))  
Fiction Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games