Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Recommendations/success stories

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think this is a good idea?
  yes
  no
  it's better than nothing
  It's a great Idea
View Results

ol_evil_eye_Riddle_box

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:33 am
questing chyaku norisu
A lot of people have a lot of good ideas, success stories, and whatnot, so I figured we should have a place to put or recommendations for weightloss. Things that have worked for you or somebody you know. No judgements, everything is excepted, as long as it complies with the rules of the guild. Such as, starving yourself, it isn't healthy, and you should never tell anybody to starve themselves.

Here's a few things that I find motivating
I put a pedometer on my shoe, so when ever I walk, I walk the long way just to meet my goal. You are supposed to have 10,000 steps a day, this helps me to reach my goal.

Keep an 8 cup water bottle with you at all times. That is the daily requirement of water at least. It keeps you hydrated, cools you down, water fills most people up. The bottles here are about 2 dollars, so they are inexpensive.

Another thing is multi-vitamins, those give you a lot of nutrients, so you don't have to worry so much about getting some of the nutrients you need in a day. They also help with energy and hunger.

When you are exercising, invite a close friend, family member, anybody that you are close to and feel comfortable with. It helps to keep your mind off of quitting, and pushes you even harder to accomplish your goals.

Do some sort of exercise/activity/sport that you love to do. Get some friends together and play football, soccor, something. Or just go swimming like me. I love to swim and would do everyday as soon as it is warm enough. Even the smallest things help, like playing pool, racing your dog, (window) shopping with friends.

Prizes are always fun. Every ten pounds, do something special for your self. New shoes, bowling, new skates, a hamster or animal, spa, makeover, massage, get your nails done, something good for you and will benefit you even more to lose weight.

Weights. for walking, swimming, running, sports. When I go swimming, i bring an 8 pound medicine ball with me. I through it in the pool, and swim after it, try to find some ways to add extra weight to your exercise and activities.

That's all for now. If you have any suggestions, recommendations, success stories, just post them and I will add it to the first post.
for vixen_zero cuz she rocks  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:34 pm
User Image

I find it easier to get in my two liters of water a day when it's flavoured and calorie free- tea. Very helpful.

Also, Omega-3 fish oil pills. They're good for my skin, hair, heart, and brain, but also act as an appetite reducer. I take four a day; one in the morning, one at night, and two whenever in between. They're my favourite weight loss tool.

I recently got off of my plateau as well by walking a half hour in the morning every day in addition to my normal routine.

"If your stomach feels weak my work here is DONE."

Pink Rain Today

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:04 pm
I keep a water bottle with me at all times. If you're thirsty, you are dehydrated, you shouldn't wait till you are thirsty to drink water.

Multivitamins are great, but I found when I was taking them, I was less motivated to eat vitamin rich foods like veggies and fruits. Which is much better for you than a multivitamin your body absorbs it much more efficiently.

I agree about doing an activity you love. My best suggestion for ANYONE. Join a club or a team. Exercising can be dull when your just simply exercising, but if you're doing an activity you like, which involves getting exercise. Like swimming, or team sports. Then you don't have to push yourself as much to get out there and just do it. Also, when you're doing it with other people, especially a team where people depend on you, you're more likely to stick with it.

Basically what I found was the most important thing was incorporating physical activity into my everyday life, rather than trying to fit it in as an extra chore in my day. Instead of taking the bus, bike. Join a club or just find an activity you enjoy etc. I've lost almost 30lbs by doing so.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games