Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
The dangers of microwaving your food.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:31 am
I'm sure almost everyone in this guild, if not everyone, owns a microwave. The microwave can be very helpful to us. Cooking small low fat meals in a short period of time. When you cook less, you won't be tempted to eat more. It's convenient, it save people A LOT of time. I'm just curious as to wether people know about the dangers of using a microwave.

I have known for a long time, that microwaves destroy the nutrients in the food. However, when faced with limited amount of time, I'd rather not be hungry, so I'd toss in a lil something into the microwave to hold me over for a while. I also use it to melt butter since your always better off to buy natural popcorn and add your own butter.

The thing is, and this was brought to my attention by my brother's girlfriend. A microwave does more than destroy important nutrients, it actually changes the food to the point where it is extremely unhealthy and increases your risk of cancer and many other diseases.

The dangers of microwaves

Since discovering this, I avoid using it at all.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:30 am
Everything seems to give you cancer. Whatever you do dont eat! It might give you cancer. And for god's sake, dont cook the food!

Yes im having a bad day -_- but seriously, i think people are getting a bit paranoid. Im sure there are other things out there that are more likely to give you cancer than microwaving a bit of food  

Iconised Ghost

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:30 am
I have a problem with microwaves as well. Not only does it take up counter space but god damn it's not good for you.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:56 pm
Iconised Ghost
Everything seems to give you cancer. Whatever you do dont eat! It might give you cancer. And for god's sake, dont cook the food!

Yes im having a bad day -_- but seriously, i think people are getting a bit paranoid. Im sure there are other things out there that are more likely to give you cancer than microwaving a bit of food

Okay, there's A LOT of stuff out there that can increase your risk of cancer, but I don't think people should ignore these facts because it's overwhelming how many bad foods there are out there. What it comes down to is this. People care about making money, faster, and easier. They don't give a s**t if what they sell you makes you sick. This is why I try to get organic when I can, rinse all produce well and avoid plastic and microwaves when possible. A lot of livestock has all kinds of growth hormones in them as well... Let's just say I took a course on environmental biology.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:13 pm
im not saying people should ignore it, im saying that there are things that are more likely to give you cancer that probably should be addressed first before we start on the microwaves  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:33 pm
Not to be rude, but everything can give you cancer. I mean, seriously. Your cell phone can do the same thing.

When my mother was my age, it was said that curling irons and blow dryers lead to cancer.

I will still use the microwave.

Toxic Watermelon

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games