April showers...
...bring May flowers
100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 6

Xandris

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:09 pm
[ Unashamed: The Monthly Newsletter ]
Phillippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Jesus Christ.

[ Chuck Norris's calendar goes from March 31 directly to April 2 because nobody fools Chuck Norris. ]

So, like the big man himself, the rest of the crew decided that we would skip April Fool's Day and make the guild one less place to be pranked online. Or, at least that's what we're going to tell ourselves since the letter is out a few days late. ninja

So, in the spirit of our verse this month, love, laugh and enjoy. Try to find peace this month, even in the things that would otherwise hang in your mind or bring you down. Find the good in the bad, the humor in a dark place, and may the peace of the Lord be with you.

[ Changes come ]

As a reminder from last month, our good friend Paranormal Zombiie has left the guild completely, and the lovely Ixor-san has stepped down from crew. zz1000zz has graciously accepted the offer to become crew, so if anyone has concerns or problems, he is just as willing and available as the rest of us to talk should you need it.

I know that it seems that the Bible study has pulled to a halt, but never fear! Fushigi and Priestley are working to get the ball rolling again, albeit in a different direction than the previous discussions. mrgreen

[ Seriously, you guys. You guys, seriously. ]

I know this is something we mentioned last month as well, but I believe it bears repeating.

Posters: Please keep in mind that tone is VERY hard to figure out on a message board. Before you submit, take a minute and look over the wording and try to see if someone else will think you're being accusational or just downright rude.

Readers: Please keep in mind that tone is VERY hard to figure out on a message board, and the tone that you are assigning to the post is not necessarily what the poster had in mind. In the cases that we ALL agree the post was accusational/rude, try not to see it as a personal attack.

[ A word from our Crew ] (given by the one and only zz1000zz)

Hello everyone. I am zz1000zz, and I am the newest member of this guild's moderating crew. Most of you have probably seen posts of mine, but I thought I should tell you a little about myself. One of the most obvious things about me is I am blunt. People often think I am rude or hostile, but that is rarely the case. People may say I lack "tact," but in most cases "tact" is not desirable. I do not call people names, but I also do not avoid telling them the truth. Ultimately, my main trait is honesty.

A few weeks ago, someone said to me, "You're as skinny as a rail." I responded, "You're fat." This was not an insult; it was a simple statement of fact. People could assume I was trying to be insulting, the same way people can assume I am trying to be mean in some of my posts. The truth is I try to maintain a peaceful demeanor, avoiding anger whenever possible. This leads me to this month's Bible passage:

"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Jesus Christ. --Philippians 4:7"

God does not want us to be angry. God does not want us to lash out at each other. God does not want us to be mean to each other. None of us can truly be like God, but we can try to take after him. We can try to be understanding, forgiving and caring. By letting God guide our actions and emotions, we can avoid the things which cause strife. When something makes us angry, we can take a step back and calm down before acting. When something we hear offends us, we can pause and think about why it was said. By trying to be more like God, we can learn to understand each other. We can learn to get along with each other.

I am not a perfect person, but I am a perfectionist. I am always trying to be perfect, to be like God. I will never succeed, but by trying, life is made better.

[ Prayer requests ]

These are all the prayer requests that have come in during March. If you'd like to make comments and offer support, feel free to post in the individual prayer request threads inside the Prayer Request subforum.

Love Miyuki Snow
My mom's co-worker Annette has an 8-year-old son who was diagnosed was kidney cancer not too long ago. Since Annette found out about it, her family reports she's been a mess. According to them she hasn't been able to sleep or stop crying because the doctors have said its so severe. All she's been doing is sit in the rocking chair holding her son Jacob and crying.

Good news is that they believed that the cancer is contained to the kidney, but he needs his surgery soon in order to keep that way.

Please pray that the surgery goes well and that it isn't rushed and pray that little Jacob will be alright.

__________ __________ __________

Ahleeshur
Hello.
I'm a bit new to the guild, but I decided to post a prayer request.

My uncle, Kenny, has diabetes. He was never really careful about watching what he ate, and it has finally caught up with him. He just recently began losing his sight in one of his eyes, and we don't know when it will stop. It is still getting worse, so can we please pray for Kenny? We can only hope that he will not lose all sight in his eye.

Lisa Faye
I'm posting some prayer requests from my local best friend, Amy Perdue.
Copied from her e-mails.

I need you to pray for a patient of mine. His name is Jerry Jenkins, he was in a bad car wreck last week, he's at RMH and not doing well. Pray for his salvation, I don't think he's saved.

Jerry is in critical but stable condition. He's not doing well at all, he may not fully recover from this, which would be awful because he is very active, hunter, etc. Please pray for his salvation, his step-daughter is not sure of his status, gets conflicting stories from other people who have talked to him.

My back has been out since last week so I've been preoccupied with doing pain management things at home in the evenings. I have no idea what I did to my back, I just woke up Thurs. last week with a slight backache then when I got to work I sat down, bent forward and it seized up on me. I had to leave after lunch for the day, went to the chiropractor, I've been 4 times so far. I'm much better but not 100%, still hurts a little, still a little stiff.

Amy knows I go to several forums with her prayer requests. This will be one of them.
Please pray for her requests.
Thanks!

[ Praise reports ]

We also like to praise God for what He's done in our lives, giving Him glory for the immense blessings He's given us. These are the praise reports that have been posted in March. If you'd like to praise along with them, or offer your own praise reports, you can do so in the Praise subforum.

THE weirdgal
I got this story from church. Ok, here it goes,

there is a preacher ready to give his sermon, when he sees an elderly man standing in the back. he said, i am not going to be preaching today. and stepped back. then the elderly man stepped up and took his place. the audience looked upon him with curious gazes. He started to tell a story, there was a boy, his friend, and the boys father.the boy wanted to take his friend out on the lake to go fishing. the father, wanting to please his son, agreed to take them out on the boat. about halfway into the lake, a storm blew in. the father paddled as hard as he could, but he couldn't get to shore before the storm hit. the waves were huge. they knocked both of the boys out of the boat.there was only one life preserver, and the father knew he couldn't save both boys in time. he threw the preserver to his boys friend, and watched his own son drown. the friend looked up confused and said, why did you save me and not your own son? the father replied, because i knew that my boy loves the Lord. after saying this, the elderly man stepped down. after the service, people were comeing up to him and said how much they liked his story. the elderly man replied, it was a true story, the friend is your pastor...

Fushigi na Butterfly
So, one of the jobs I applied to finally offered me a position! It's a full-time, night-shift position, that pays 30k a year, and is located in the house next to my best friend's house. xd Woo!

[ April's birthdays ]

This month, Unashamed wishes a happy and blessed birthday to:

cattrain
Garage Drummer
Iesu Teishi
Shalah
likely_story
Ryan Russell
Xandris
saki_hanajima7
eriks_greaser_girl

Hope it's a great one, guys!