The importance of a virgin birth Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xandris

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:40 am
Priestley
I don't worship Jesus as a deity (or diety wink ), just like I don't worship any other man or woman.

Well then you're just weird. lol  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:07 am
Xandris
Priestley
I don't worship Jesus as a deity (or diety wink ), just like I don't worship any other man or woman.

When you see a man pointing, do you stare at the man or do you look in the direction he is pointing? wink  

Priestley

`apple dumpling

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:22 pm
Priestley
Xandris
Priestley

When you see a man pointing, do you stare at the man or do you look in the direction he is pointing? wink

You sound like my world religions teacher smile

But on that same train of thought, I always pray to God, not Jesus. It just seems more direct that way, even though I view them as one in the same. -shurg-

And HOLY COW this topic exploded... I'll have to catch up after class.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:33 pm
`apple dumpling
Priestley
Xandris
Priestley

You sound like my world religions teacher smile

Thanks. xd

`apple dumpling
But on that same train of thought, I always pray to God, not Jesus. It just seems more direct that way, even though I view them as one in the same. -shurg-

Same, though in Jesus' name.  

Priestley

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:03 am
crazybrain 1
Fushigi na Butterfly

As infants, we have yet to sin, and therefore no need of forgiveness. It's only when we sin that we need a Mediator, and only when we have the capability to understand that we have sinned, ie: the choice to sin because we actually know the difference between right and wrong, that we can sin.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but when exactly does this 'capability' manifest itself? Is there a certain age that this happens, or is it different for everyone? And if it's different for everyone, how can God hold everyone to the same standard?

I say right there in that bit you quoted from me: when you know the difference between right and wrong, then you can make the conscious decision to choose wrong, to choose sin. If you don't know the difference you're either going to always do good for the rewards (because you can't choose to do good for its own sake unless you know what is good and can tell it apart from wrong), or you do wrong because you haven't been taught that it's wrong (you can't see that it's any different from what is right) and haven't had enough negative consequences to deter you. That's all I'll say on it here though, since it has nothing to do with the topic; feel free to create a new thread for it though. 3nodding  
Thread Archive {Hot topics}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff