Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Reiki? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:20 am
TeaDidikai
Quote:
He didn't like the idea that they would have that power over me,
Your friend apparently doesn't understand what an attunement is or how it functions.

While I don't think it gives them any power over anyone, there is somewhat of a meshing of energy even if it is only temporary. When I got my 3rd attunement (Master level), I was actually physically ill for several weeks due to my teacher's energy. With my first 2 attunements I felt amazing, but with that one, it was like there was a lingering "sludge" that took forever to pass though my system (no matter how much grounding I did). I wouldn't have necessarily associated it with her in particular, but I went to the shop that she worked at, and the energy there was very similar. I've never felt so uncomfortable in a "new age" shop before. Usually you walk in and it's an instant "ahhhh". This place literally made my skin crawl. I felt very unwelcome, and I felt like someone was watching me the whole time I was there - even though I was the only customer in the store. gonk  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:43 pm
too2sweet
TeaDidikai
Quote:
He didn't like the idea that they would have that power over me,
Your friend apparently doesn't understand what an attunement is or how it functions.

While I don't think it gives them any power over anyone, there is somewhat of a meshing of energy even if it is only temporary. When I got my 3rd attunement (Master level), I was actually physically ill for several weeks due to my teacher's energy. With my first 2 attunements I felt amazing, but with that one, it was like there was a lingering "sludge" that took forever to pass though my system (no matter how much grounding I did). I wouldn't have necessarily associated it with her in particular, but I went to the shop that she worked at, and the energy there was very similar. I've never felt so uncomfortable in a "new age" shop before. Usually you walk in and it's an instant "ahhhh". This place literally made my skin crawl. I felt very unwelcome, and I felt like someone was watching me the whole time I was there - even though I was the only customer in the store. gonk

Is it necessarily her you were sensing? If attunement is in fact affinity adjustment then it is possible that you're sensitive to different energy flows then you were previously.

And with adjusted affinity comes a lack of affinity with other energy flows and such. Which means exposure to something normally fine could be... unpleasant... when your affinity is in a different state.

Of course, that all assumes that attunement works like affinity adjustment. If it doesn't then I have no clue what happened there. >.>  

Recursive Paradox

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:41 am
too2sweet

While I don't think it gives them any power over anyone, there is somewhat of a meshing of energy even if it is only temporary. When I got my 3rd attunement (Master level), I was actually physically ill for several weeks due to my teacher's energy.
This is enough to make me seriously wonder about your Master.

The whole point of Reiki is that it has nothing to do with personal energy at all.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:38 pm
Recursive Paradox
Is it necessarily her you were sensing? If attunement is in fact affinity adjustment then it is possible that you're sensitive to different energy flows then you were previously.

At the time I thought it was something that was wrong with me, that my body was simply going through a serious "readjustment" process, but when I went to where she worked and felt the exact same energy again, it occurred to me that maybe it really wasn't me. I'd never had any issues with any of my other attunements, nor the ones after, so when I look at the "big picture" it sort of has to be her. I mean, yeah it could just be a huge coincidence, there's a little room for that, but I seriously doubt it.

Tea
This is enough to make me seriously wonder about your Master.

I got my Reiki I and II from the same person, and though we later had a huge falling out, she was a wonderful Reiki teacher. When I went for my Master Level, it was with a girl that I barely knew, that a friend of a friend recommended. She was really nice, and on a personal level I didn't have any issues with her, but on a energetic level she really screwed me up.

Not having the option of working with my original teacher, I had wanted to find someone that I could stick with for the rest of my training, but after that class - obviously that wasn't going to work either. Not long after that I found out Rand was going to be in the area and I was able to get into his RMT class. Once I went though that attunement process I immediately felt 100% better (of course we all practiced on each other quite a few times over the weekend, so that should have made anyone feel better blaugh ).

Quote:
The whole point of Reiki is that it has nothing to do with personal energy at all.

Exactly, that's one of the things that makes it so great! I don't know if she didn't ground properly or if she was mixing in a bit of something else, or what. I know that attunements can/do cause the body to do some readjusting, but usually you do a bit of extra grounding and all is good. I actually felt "unclean", after her attunement. I think it's possible that some of her other spiritual practices may have been part of the problem. I can't for the life of me recall what she called it, when we were chatting after class, she was talking about some path she was on that sounded a bit "out there" and possibly cult-like (not in a good way). It was enough that if I'd known beforehand, I might have just waited to find another teacher. So maybe her Gods and mine just didn't mesh, though as you said personal energy shouldn't have had anything to do with it.  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:23 pm
too2sweet
Recursive Paradox

At the time I thought it was something that was wrong with me, that my body was simply going through a serious "readjustment" process, but when I went to where she worked and felt the exact same energy again, it occurred to me that maybe it really wasn't me. I'd never had any issues with any of my other attunements, nor the ones after, so when I look at the "big picture" it sort of has to be her. I mean, yeah it could just be a huge coincidence, there's a little room for that, but I seriously doubt it.

I'm really not seeing it. If something in the attunement went wrong, perhaps adjusted your affinities in the wrong way then perhaps you were sensing her normal energies in a way that was unpleasant.

Say for instance that you take a drug that makes your eye sight notice certain colors more strongly. But the drug is poorly mixed and reds have become painfully intense. Say the girl who gave you the drug was wearing red when she gave it to you. You get hit with that awful intensity right afterwards and then when you see her wearing her red shirt again, it hits you again.

She isn't the issue, your adjusted perceptions are.

Does that make any sense?  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:34 am
I see what you are getting at, but I still don't think it's what happened. Otherwise (using your example) everyone wearing red would cause a a bad reaction. Being near her in itself, never gave me any bad vibes, but the after effects of the attunement she gave me left me ill for weeks. After I got my last attunement (from someone else) and I was feeling back to normal - I had some errands to run near where the shop she worked at was, and since I'd been meaning to check it out, I stopped by. The energy in the shop gave me the same ill feeling that the attunement did. She wasn't even there when I stopped by.

I'd be willing to concede that it may not have been her directly. I know that the upper floor of the shop was used for all sorts of workshops/meetings, etc..., so it could have just been that I didn't "mix well" with other things that she was working with, or that because she worked there she was carrying around some of these other energies without knowing it. But either way, neither should have been an issue, since Reiki practitioners are simply channels for the energy - our personal energy shouldn't have anything to do with it (if we've properly grounded ourselves anyways).  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:22 am
too2sweet

I got my Reiki I and II from the same person, and though we later had a huge falling out, she was a wonderful Reiki teacher. When I went for my Master Level, it was with a girl that I barely knew, that a friend of a friend recommended. She was really nice, and on a personal level I didn't have any issues with her, but on a energetic level she really screwed me up.
Part of it might be that it isn't a good idea to switch Master's mid-advancement, especially if they have a different tradition.

But really, what you said below makes me think you didn't actually receive a Master's attunement. Each attunement can have a dramatic effect on a person, but the description of how you felt falls outside the realm of what Reiki imparts. confused

Quote:
Exactly, that's one of the things that makes it so great! I don't know if she didn't ground properly or if she was mixing in a bit of something else, or what.
Mixing something else in would make a lot of sense.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:20 am
too2sweet
I see what you are getting at, but I still don't think it's what happened. Otherwise (using your example) everyone wearing red would cause a a bad reaction. Being near her in itself, never gave me any bad vibes, but the after effects of the attunement she gave me left me ill for weeks. After I got my last attunement (from someone else) and I was feeling back to normal - I had some errands to run near where the shop she worked at was, and since I'd been meaning to check it out, I stopped by. The energy in the shop gave me the same ill feeling that the attunement did. She wasn't even there when I stopped by.

It wasn't the greatest example because red is so common. Perhaps she has an uncommon energy around her or is working with some uncommon energy in her shop?

Quote:
I'd be willing to concede that it may not have been her directly. I know that the upper floor of the shop was used for all sorts of workshops/meetings, etc..., so it could have just been that I didn't "mix well" with other things that she was working with, or that because she worked there she was carrying around some of these other energies without knowing it.

That could definitely do it. Especially if she's using a similar methodology to me, in that the energy is routed through the body. It would leave a bit of a residue on her.

Quote:
But either way, neither should have been an issue, since Reiki practitioners are simply channels for the energy - our personal energy shouldn't have anything to do with it (if we've properly grounded ourselves anyways).

I'm of the opinion that the attunement was done incorrectly or was merged with another affinity adjustment of some kind (not Reiki related at all).

It is even possible that she didn't attune you in the Reiki practice at all, that perhaps she did something else to you and simply thought she was attuning you. It would seem wise to keep an eye on how your energy work functions and your general health (spiritual, mental, emotional and physical) for a good while to make sure she didn't do any damage to you.  

Recursive Paradox

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:21 am
This all happened years ago, and I have had higher level attunements since, which more or less fixed the immediate problems. Though I do think I'm going to try and see about going through the whole process again, since the first time around was such an "adventure". gonk  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:39 am
too2sweet
This all happened years ago, and I have had higher level attunements since, which more or less fixed the immediate problems. Though I do think I'm going to try and see about going through the whole process again, since the first time around was such an "adventure". gonk
Sounds like fun. I know at Summerstar I'm going to be doing attunements into Emerald Dragon.  

TeaDidikai

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:23 am
TeaDidikai
too2sweet
Sounds like fun. I know at Summerstar I'm going to be doing attunements into Emerald Dragon.

Awwwwww, now I really regret that I can't go. crying  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:25 am
Recursive Paradox

Tickets from New York to SeaTac are a couple hundred bucks. wink

Isakane is getting his Master's attunement and DB is getting his first degree.  

TeaDidikai

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:36 am
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox

Tickets from New York to SeaTac are a couple hundred bucks. wink

So is monthly rent. Urrgh and my accounts are really low with shelling out the 4 grand for a used car. I need a better job with more than 3 hours a week....  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:21 am
I really wish I could go, but with hubby and I both not working, we're having a hard enough time just keeping the kiddos fed. Be a bit hard to explain running off to the other side of the country (even if I could find the extra $$). I so need a job. gonk  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:25 pm
too2sweet
I really wish I could go, but with hubby and I both not working, we're having a hard enough time just keeping the kiddos fed. Be a bit hard to explain running off to the other side of the country (even if I could find the extra $$). I so need a job. gonk
True enough.

I was thinking about it earlier today. It dawned on me that many people pay three times as much for attunements that attending the festival would cost someone on the east coast. sweatdrop

Kinda makes me proud of Yasmine.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces