Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Sad Moments of the Gifts Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:05 am
Henry Dorsett Case
Or that the Japanese weren't Japanese yet...

Which brings forth another memory...
On his 30th birthday, in honour of the darkness, and the shadow, and the tiny spec of light in his soul coming into balance for the first time in nearly 500 years, he decided to revert to his true name (in this incarnation) Christian Nathaniel Last name deleted to protect the guilty.
To which one of his little Goth-Muppets (Teenaged followers of the Dork Lord) chimes in he looks like a Christian... a real Christain, before those stupid nail-god followers ruined the word.
You know, a Christian before there were Christians.

Quote:
Problem 1: Disrespect of blade by drawing it without sufficient training. I've never heard of any religious concept of reincarnation that says that all of your physical skills transfer into your new body.
Problem 2: Even if all your physical skills do transfer, I don't think Tepes was skilled in any form of Japanese sword form.
Problem 3: Sadly enough, he parried right. At least, it would have been right if his blade was forged in the Japanese tradition, instead of cast and ground like most display blades. Then again, for a display katana, there is no right way to parry - they're not strong enough in any dimension to take a real blow.

1. I don't afford SLO (Sword Like Objects) any more respect than I do any other piece of decorative furniture.
2. Oh no, I left out that the Spirits of the Blade had been teaching him it's mastery, didn't I... sweatdrop
Oh, and his attempts to state that the Katana was designed alongst the same principles as the Dacian Falx... and wielded the same...
3. Really? I have only had the tiniest amount of Kendo training, I'm not terribly familiar with Japanese Swordsmanship. I know some basic cuts, but little functional fighting. The Katan never fealt right in my hand, and the postures were never comfortable, so I have, by and large, stuck to more western styles. The training I recieved was very adamant on trying to avoid edge-to-edge contact... I think my early trainer had ARMA experience.

Quote:
Tell him he has to get in line. I have dibs on Mark Rein-Hagen for letting that crap group Black Dog of the Camarilla have so much power in Atlanta. Drove me right out of the Cam (the somewhat sane RP group, not the people-who-actually-think-they-are-vampires).

Don't get me started on the Cam... My feelings have always been mixed, and are currently very harsh.
However, I will say, White Wolf has contributed very energetically to the Fluffy movement... not quite on par with SRW, but they try. 3nodding

Oh, Christian Vampire hunters?
What about Jesus Christ The Vampire Hunter?
In the future, vampires no longer fear the Sun... But they will learn to fear... The Son of God!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:30 pm
Fiddlers Green
You know, a Christian before there were Christians.

Wow. That's even cooler than the people who are reincarnations of Wiccans from the 1500s!

Quote:
1. I don't afford SLO (Sword Like Objects) any more respect than I do any other piece of decorative furniture.

Not referring to you so much as him. The Japanese sword arts (the ones that involve steel, not shinai) are extremely strict about respecting your weapon. Under Toyama-ryu Shinkendo (the way I trained in for about half a year before I had to quit for financial reasons alone), one bows to one's sword after bowing to one's sensei. Even when that sword is a bokken.

Quote:
2. Oh no, I left out that the Spirits of the Blade had been teaching him it's mastery, didn't I... sweatdrop
Oh, and his attempts to state that the Katana was designed alongst the same principles as the Dacian Falx... and wielded the same...

Maybe if he was wielding Kenshin's blade, I suppose!

Quote:
3. Really? I have only had the tiniest amount of Kendo training, I'm not terribly familiar with Japanese Swordsmanship. I know some basic cuts, but little functional fighting. The Katan never fealt right in my hand, and the postures were never comfortable, so I have, by and large, stuck to more western styles. The training I recieved was very adamant on trying to avoid edge-to-edge contact... I think my early trainer had ARMA experience.

Yeah, as far as when it comes to a Katana forged in the wariba-gitae or makuri-gitae styles (without adding an extra hardened jacket to the blade), the edge is, while brittle and prone to nicks, still the better place to block with. Especially considering that a "static block" or "blade lock" is mostly the place of a chanbarra movie or anime, whereas a katana's parry is a redirection either to the tsuba to "capture" the opponent's blade and push it (usually upwards), or to the point to lead it down and away from oneself.

Then again, I was lucky to learn in a school that did not restrict the learning of techniques to each level, instead teaching new techniques as soon as the student had a good hold of its building blocks.

Quote:
Don't get me started on the Cam... My feelings have always been mixed, and are currently very harsh.

Well, the whole group did go downhill and fast after Preiss resigned as president. The balance of power shifted straight to Black Dog for a while - people listened to the Atlanta domain leader over the new president.

Quote:
However, I will say, White Wolf has contributed very energetically to the Fluffy movement... not quite on par with SRW, but they try. 3nodding

It's a shame that the White Wolf authors actually believe they're writing fiction, ne? Same goes for Steve Jackson games and the In Nomine series (my current favorite RPG).

Quote:
Oh, Christian Vampire hunters?
What about Jesus Christ The Vampire Hunter?
In the future, vampires no longer fear the Sun... But they will learn to fear... The Son of God!

You know, the fact that it's a spoof movie almost detracts from how hard I was going to laugh at it.

Then again, you can still get a snicker out of me just by saying "Lay It Down".  

Henry Dorsett Case

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces