Reply Thread Archive {Hot topics}
What do you think he ment?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lindsey B3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:34 am
I was just talking to my youth group and we were talking about servitude.

So heres the question what do you think God ment when he said we should serve?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:31 pm
I think we should be humbling ourselves and doing work to help others, even if the work may be deemed "below us" by society. We should spend time with those less fortunate or outcast by society, and seek to help them.

Of course, we can also serve those "above" us. Sometimes the people at the top are the ones most in need of God's love.

By helping them, I believe we are serving God.

freelance lover
Crew

Rsnbl Faith

Hilarious Defender

6,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:53 pm
Freelancer i think this is the first time we have agreed on ANYTHING XD, but its more than that, just sharing the message of Christ to them is an act of serving. Or letting others serve us, as Christ showd by saying to peter if he doesnt let Him was his feet, that he would have no part of Him. We should serve each other and let others serve us, even if we dont think we should let them.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:59 pm
I think it means different things for different people.

We are called to use the gifts we were given to further God's kingdom, be it giving, working with the homeless, telling others about Christ or building a set for a church play.

Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200

Rsnbl Faith

Hilarious Defender

6,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:13 pm
Ixor-san
I think it means different things for different people.

We are called to use the gifts we were given to further God's kingdom, be it giving, working with the homeless, telling others about Christ or building a set for a church play.

exactly, we all have different gifts that is given to us by the Holy Spirit, so that we can reach ppl in many different ways. Now the question turns into, what gifts has God given me, and in what ways can i use it to serve Him?(for Christ also says by serving others, we are serving Him)  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:20 pm
Ixor-san
We are called to use the gifts we were given to further God's kingdom

This is my definition right here, with the possible addition of 'even in the times we don't want to/feel unable or underqualified to.'  

Xandris

freelance lover
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:25 pm
@Kain: See, I'm not completely off doing my own thing! I actually love serving- it's one of my favorite ways to worship. I think we can see this that, despite our differences, all Christians do have unifying factors smile

@Ixor: I don't know if it was intentional or not, but I totally appreciated that "building a set for a church play" thing xD Especially since I hope to get plugged into theatre ministry after I graduate and become a professional stage-manager-starving-artist! It made me smile :3 I also agree that certain people are called to serve in different ways.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:32 pm
freelance lover
@Kain: See, I'm not completely off doing my own thing! I actually love serving- it's one of my favorite ways to worship. I think we can see this that, despite our differences, all Christians do have unifying factors smile

@Ixor: I don't know if it was intentional or not, but I totally appreciated that "building a set for a church play" thing xD Especially since I hope to get plugged into theatre ministry after I graduate and become a professional stage-manager-starving-artist! It made me smile :3 I also agree that certain people are called to serve in different ways.
Hm...mebbe it was me sub-conscious at work ninja  

Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200

Priestley

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:38 pm
I don't consider it a big deal myself, but the youth leader at my church is always appreciative of and complimenting my service of the young people. I always respond with "Just doing my job. smile ". I think that about sums up my point that servitude is something one signs up to do if one claims to be a Christian, because it's a demonstration of the love one has for people. It is one of the many ways in which we can love our neighbour and our enemies.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:53 pm
What Priestley said brings up an interesting point as well: when we serve, our heart should definitely be in it. Don't do something just because you think you should be doing something, because then you may as well not be serving at all. This is why the Spirit is so important when it comes to serving others, and why our gifts should be considered as well. God gave us each talents and gifts because He wanted us to use them to serve others and Him with them- if you aren't good at something or don't enjoy doing something, you're probably not meant to serve there.  

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lindsey B3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:44 am
I agree partially about the you have to like it in order to be good at it. You could be good at something and not like to do it. Or you could be bad at something but still love doing it for me the not but still like would be singing lol  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:57 pm
Well, the most important part is the enjoyment you get out of it, because God can help lead where human beings are inadequate. 3nodding  

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Thread Archive {Hot topics}

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items