Best Friend: Closed!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dea Ex

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:27 pm
Sorry that it's a bit long!

My "best friend" survived cancer and has tourettes. I know that it's mental disorder and what he's gone through made him who he is, but he's pissing me off!

Here's a list of things he does/about him:
-When we disagree he resorts to insults, and sometimes he just adresses me as "girl" or "woman" as if it's okay.
-He appears everywhere I am and tackle hugs me at least twice a day.
-He doesn't care about my feelings or reason, but yet I'm the only person who can tell him to stop doing something and he'll do it.
-He walks over his own parents more than he walks over me!
-His attitude is so bad my mom tells me to call her and warn her if he's ever comming over, even if she already knew about it days in advance.
-He follows me during lunch so much that my other friends tried avoiding me so they could avoid him!
-Almost everyone in the school hates him.
-Some of the very few friends he has pretends he doesn't exist, he's so bad.
-He rubs EVERYTHING in my face.
-He fights with EVERYONE!!!
-He's a spoiled brat but doesn't see it: just because his parents aren't rich doesn't mean much! They still have a fair amount of money and no backbone, so he gets whatever he wants; he has them trained!

There's more, there's always more. I just don't feel like listing all of it, the list goes on WAY too long.

Anyways, my question is what should I do? I hate putting up with his stupidity every day along with how much of an a*****e he can be, but at the same time I feel so bad for him because everyone else hates him and he's also inspirational with how he survived cancer and can still be so cheerful... Should I stay friends with him or not? I mean, I do have a problem with being too nice to people (my mom tells me everyday that I "can't save the world")...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:45 pm
you should be supportive and be a good example, but you don't have to feel or even let on that you're in any way committed to him.
he sticks to you the way he does because he knows that no one can stand being around him but he banks on taking your friendship and your feeling bad for him for granted so that he never feels like he has to change.
you need to spend time with other friends without him. let him know that you can't always be his only friend to be with him all the time. he needs to know that he'd better shape up and make some friends. at first, he won't believe you and he'll try to make you feel bad for it. but if you prove it by spending just a little less time with him and saying no a little more often then he might start changing slowly.
back away as much as he acts poorly and come to as much as he behaves better and gradually he might start growikng up without even realizing it. that is of course as long as you don't make it too obvious that you're trying to teach him a lesson. his goal is to manipulate you, so you can't let him know your true motives.  

June-iful

Dea Ex

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:28 pm
That idea has made my day; I'm gonna do that! Thanks! 3nodding biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:24 pm
biggrin you're welcome  

June-iful

26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers