Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Animistic Naming Conventions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:29 pm
liantha-ray
My current car is named Crayon (previous owner had kids and I think one shoved a crayon down a vent so every time I turn on the heat my car smells like crayons)
My husbands computer is Ozymandias
My pc has been through so many incarnations we have started to call it Sadartha
One of the best namings I have heard so far has been for an Xbox 360. It was first named Usul, then it died the death of the red ring, When it returned it was renamed Leto...I love my nerds

Ozymandius, Leto. Win.
One of my external hard drives, they're happy to be named, is named Leto. One is named Muad'Dib. One is named Idaho. Are we seeing a pattern?  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:33 pm
CuAnnan
liantha-ray
My current car is named Crayon (previous owner had kids and I think one shoved a crayon down a vent so every time I turn on the heat my car smells like crayons)
My husbands computer is Ozymandias
My pc has been through so many incarnations we have started to call it Sadartha
One of the best namings I have heard so far has been for an Xbox 360. It was first named Usul, then it died the death of the red ring, When it returned it was renamed Leto...I love my nerds

Ozymandius, Leto. Win.
One of my external hard drives, they're happy to be named, is named Leto. One is named Muad'Dib. One is named Idaho. Are we seeing a pattern?

<3!  

Collowrath

liantha-ray

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:49 am
I almost forgot, the Ipod has been named Ozyminius  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:25 pm
My laptop's name is ALICE. I can't quite remember what the acronym stands for anymore, though, as I named her nearly three years ago. I don't think she minds.

My first car I named Magdalena. She was red and beautiful, and the people we bought her from even tied ribbons inside and attatched a rose to the rearview mirror. It was a fitting name for her.

My second car was named by my mother and I back when I was six or so. We called her Betsy. She was absolutely the most reliable car we've ever had.

Third car I called by different names all the time, but usually Horus or Miriam. I hated the way it ran. It took ages to get to the speed I wanted to drive so the guy behind me wouldn't plow right over me.

The car I'm driving now I usually call Miss or Missy. Not a name, per se, but she is a very sweet and proper little car and she's been very good to me. We seem to even work together (and she seems to understand that I don't generally get on well with machinery, so she's patient).

My iPod Video I named Sir Edgar Livingston IV. There's no special meaning behind it; it just came to me and it stuck. Sir Edgar's not seeing much of me or my car, though, since I can't find the disk to put the iPod program into my laptop. It used to be in the family computer, but that fried.

I had a frog plushie I called Mister FroggyPants. Not very original, but I loved that little sucker to pieces.

Lady Shortness

Timid Muse

Xayim XVI

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:47 pm
My cell phone is named Stephan. She was the first object I'd ever named as well as my first cell phone. My friend led me to name her, and Stephan seemed to fit.

My Nintendo DS is named Pluto, because he has a sticker of Mickey Mouse's puppy on it.

My Gamboy Adv. SP is named Jack, which, like my cell, the name seemed to fit.

My Dad's DVD player is Arnold. He's very picky about the movies he wants to play. He'll play some with no problems, but others don't play at all. We try them on another system and they're fine, therefore, Arnold just doesn't like said DVD.

The pattern here is that I usually only name electronics. The only non-electrical item that I have ever named is my wand, who I've named Stacy. I cut her personally from a Eucalyptis tree in my Father's backyard and always works well for me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:53 am
old car - Ms. DeVille...i could never remember her first name (she was named by a previous owner), but i think she still would have had me call her Ms.

current car - Glory

iPod nano - Dannie

iPod - Seamus

Acer - Oengus

new computer hasn't gotten a name yet. still a bit distant for now, but has been very reliable and much faster booting up than the last. i might go for a cliche name at some point.

cell phone doesn't have a name. it's been all about business, getting what i ask of it done. i haven't found a personal connection with it, even though i've had it for over a year.  

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers