Reply Serious Discussion
Did I do the right thing?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FrenchieGirl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:09 pm
I have a ex boyfriend, and he's liked me on and off ever since we broke up. I don't have any clue why. But every time he starts to like me I distance myself, right? Because I don't want to give him the idea I like him back... Well, I thought we were finally getting past the whole, him liking me thing. He had a girlfriend he'd been dating for over a year, on and off, and I thought it was safe to become good friends with him again. I mean, I'd always wanted him as a friend... So I went to Disneyland with My ex, his girlfriend, and our mutual friend. After the day he texted me and wanted advice because he, "didn't feel the same way" about his current girlfriend anymore. So I told him that its really up to him... I didn't want to get involved... The problem was I had started to feel for him a little and I knew I had to get away form him. I made the mistake of asking him if he had feelings for me.. Of course he did, anyone couldve predicted that... But I felt like it was my fault for letting myself get close to him again. Then I ust got angry at him for trying to get with me when he had a girlfriend...
I basically told him to get out of my life.
I was tired of the drama.
But I feel like I've done the wrong thing... Like I could've handled it better.
And I didn't enjoy being harsh with him.
I just felt like it needed to be done.
Now I don't have feelings for him.. But he broke up with his girlfriend.
I feel terrible for hurting her too...
I feel like such a b***h.

So was I right, or wring, in the way I handled things?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:10 pm
you might want to post this in the main forum instead
the subforums are dead  

Emo_Like_A_Dinosaur

Noltic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:39 pm
HAHAHAHA I am here to prove the subforums are not dead, (and neither is rock and roll).

Leastways... ive read alot of stuff youve probably never heard of (zarathastra, the prince, geurilla warfare, 100 years of solitude,) all of these things i read were philosophy books written by brilliant men, and i consider myself smarter because of this.

Here is my opinion. the foolish man attempts to keep all people happy. idealism is a dream not a goal. As for how you feel, being a b***h as you put it gets easier with time. Also dont think of it negatively. you did what needed to be done, and even if it wasnt for the good of others why sacrifice yourself anylonger after youve attempted the nobler path.

be at peace, and listen to the katamari song... that s**t always cheers me up.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:05 pm
Don't blame yourself for his mistakes. Their relationship was on the rocks and if he left her its because he just doesn't want her anymore because of you or not. Its difficult to be friends w/exes that's why I don't believe in being friends or hooking back up with them.  

PixieofDestruction

Anamorphic Toothpaste

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:58 am
it was a situation that would have caused more problems if you let it continue better, you believed he moved on and maybe he did or not. But the main point is that you made every right move, you waited until he had someone else and when it looked like he was going to break that you fully distanced your self. It might be hard to accept but it was the best way to do it.  
Serious Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games