yup know what you mean
ulzzang goes to drastic measures to get that kind of looks thou
gule their eyes to make em look bigger..circle lens..although i have
a pair me self
;D  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:56 pm
User Image
Ahaha. Yeah. xD
I mean, I wouldn't go as far as to do the gluing and everything, but I don't think its a BAD thing they do? I mean, I think its amazing how they can do that sort of stuff. o3o Really paying attention to appearance, and really focused on the 'style' that they like/want. I'm sure they worked hard to achieve the look, so... I give them kudos for that. <3

Hetare Ouji

Le Hoit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:08 am
Hetare Ouji
User Image
Ahaha. Yeah. xD
I mean, I wouldn't go as far as to do the gluing and everything, but I don't think its a BAD thing they do? I mean, I think its amazing how they can do that sort of stuff. o3o Really paying attention to appearance, and really focused on the 'style' that they like/want. I'm sure they worked hard to achieve the look, so... I give them kudos for that. <3

Yup but up to the momment when they don't pretty themselves up..
its like going to the club..you think your with a hot girl then BAM the next day when shes beside your bed...your like omg..>.>
i'm just saying..natural beauty is the most pretty you know
D:  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:34 pm
User Image
But... That's exactly my point?
They "pretty themselves up." They can look so different.
I'm saying /that/ is exactly what I find to be admirable about them. They have tremendously amazing make-up and styling skills, to the point where they create a whole different type of "beauty" all together. Its not about whether "Natural Beauty is prettier" or "Ullzzang is prettier" --- They're completely different types and level of "beauty" (Or rather, I see it as a type of fashion style)... that I really don't see the point in comparing the two. Its like comparing a well done charcoal sketch to a multi-layered oil painting. They have completely different values and purposes.

And everyone has their own preferences and aesthetics they're looking for. Plus, your example made it seem like Ulzzangs(or any other make-up heavy styles) do it for /other poeple/, while in truth, they do it for themselves because /they/ like it, /they/ want to put the effort into achieving the look. If some guy doesn't like it, then screw him. Its what they find aesthetically pleasing -- that's all.

And for the record: Natural beauty is only pretty if you're... well, naturally pretty. And again, its visual preference. "Beauty" has a broad spectrum, after all.

But in the end, I suppose I just see make up, fashion, and anything of the sort as somewhat an "art form"... So when someone really makes an effort or does a good job at it, I want to respect and appreciate that, (Especially if they're pleasing my eyes as well. xD), as well as not compare which is 'better' or 'worse'. More so, I don't think its something that should be compared. Beauty is not only broad, but also an abstract. All the reason as to why I kind of get miffed when people say that they look 'fake'. D:

But again, that's just me. I have peculiar perceptions and conceptions of various things -- so if I conjure up an argument from someone, then I apologize.

Hetare Ouji

Le Hoit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:37 pm
Hetare Ouji
User Image
But... That's exactly my point?
They "pretty themselves up." They can look so different.
I'm saying /that/ is exactly what I find to be admirable about them. They have tremendously amazing make-up and styling skills, to the point where they create a whole different type of "beauty" all together. Its not about whether "Natural Beauty is prettier" or "Ullzzang is prettier" --- They're completely different types and level of "beauty" (Or rather, I see it as a type of fashion style)... that I really don't see the point in comparing the two. Its like comparing a well done charcoal sketch to a multi-layered oil painting. They have completely different values and purposes.

And everyone has their own preferences and aesthetics they're looking for. Plus, your example made it seem like Ulzzangs(or any other make-up heavy styles) do it for /other poeple/, while in truth, they do it for themselves because /they/ like it, /they/ want to put the effort into achieving the look. If some guy doesn't like it, then screw him. Its what they find aesthetically pleasing -- that's all.

And for the record: Natural beauty is only pretty if you're... well, naturally pretty. And again, its visual preference. "Beauty" has a broad spectrum, after all.

But in the end, I suppose I just see make up, fashion, and anything of the sort as somewhat an "art form"... So when someone really makes an effort or does a good job at it, I want to respect and appreciate that, (Especially if they're pleasing my eyes as well. xD), as well as not compare which is 'better' or 'worse'. More so, I don't think its something that should be compared. Beauty is not only broad, but also an abstract. All the reason as to why I kind of get miffed when people say that they look 'fake'. D:

But again, that's just me. I have peculiar perceptions and conceptions of various things -- so if I conjure up an argument from someone, then I apologize.

But still people go so far now and days that beauty is a competition you know? Its like..girls at such a young age put on make up just to you know..Look pretty when its really all about having fun at that time i see girls as young as nine already applying it but hey its not my word to say anything.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:14 am
^
Quote:
[..]Its like..girls at such a young age put on make up just to you know..Look pretty [...]

Hetare Ouji said

Quote:
[...]they do it for themselves because /they/ like it, /they/ want to put the effort into achieving the look. [...]

Not just Ulzzang, but any girl (or guy) dress up to "look pretty" (or handsom for guys). At the same time, they are probably having fun making themselves presentable.

I know people say that beauty is skin deep or that it's in the eye of the beholder. But would you look at any average person on the street? Honestly. Unless you're standing still observing the crowed I really doubt it.
While you (Le Hoit) said that natural beauty is the most pretty, there aren't many people every day that will tell you that.
I can't speak for everyone but I know when I try my best I do it for myself, and not to show off for men.

A little off topic here.
As for ulzzang girls, I like Komi! whee

Maylinn
Crew

Sesshomaruka

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:20 pm
@maylinn
komi is really pretty, but she seems really fake;

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

-----------------------------

^ like i find those really freaky >_>

most ulzzang looks really different without ps, makeup, circle lenses
more examples here

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:08 pm
^
That's crazy.
But she is really cute when she has on the tricks of the trade!

Edit: WOW, I didn't know there was THAT much photoshop. I thought it was mainly makeup, lenses, and glue. xd

Maylinn
Crew

Hetare Ouji

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:46 pm
User Image
...Oh man. o.o; Photoshop does wonders...

I mean, I'm completely okay with people changing the lighting to make their skin look lighter or fix the skin to look clearer, because I mean -- thats something you can do naturally if you try, so like, I don't really see the problem or see whats so bad about it. But when people start CONTORTING their face with photoshop... so that it looks practically nothing like them... its almost as though there's no longer any purpose in /trying/ to pretty yourself? Its like... enhancing your own features with your own hand(in the bare, not by the mouse/computer!), I think, is totally okay -- the base is still you -- but when you change your face entirely, its just... its like character design. Its not really you anymore? I don't know. D:

Although, at the same time, even though I'd never do it --- I think plastic surgery is an A-OKAY thing to do.

Meh. Idk. D:

Just to throw it out there, though --- I photoshop(well... I don't have photoshop, so I just use the simple editting options on a ghetto program on my PC) my cosplay pictures to enhance the colors of my costume. Or to create thematic effects. Well basically, I just change the lighting. Or I just change the lighting settings on my camera -- either or. :c So, uh, idk. Maybe you guys think what I'm doing is fake too.

Well, as they say, to each his own. c:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:06 pm
@maylinn
lol yea,
its really weird, sometimes you cant even tell when a picture is photoshop or not >__>

@hetare ouji
wonders indeed ><

changing the lighting/brightness is compltly fine
but people really shouldn't go so far like evening skin tone, making eyes bigger, thats just not you anymore, anyone can make them selves look like that if they had phoneshop, circle lenses, and glue :/

i also photoshop, mostly lighting
what your doing isnt fake, its normal xD
even though i have the photoshop program im not gonna spend time making my pictures look like something else, thats just silly >>

Sesshomaruka

Le Hoit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:04 pm
Yes i don't care much if they are 13..but nine... way too young you dont see little kids advertise make up..dress up id a bit different and yes i know that people aren't always born naturally pretty.. some are pretty but dont put on make up because they think they wont look good(but ends up does)..Just saying that puting on make up at a young age is just...idk
what happened in having random fun not caring about what anyone thinks about you..isn't that childhood? well times has change huh..AND yes photo shopping yourself to make yourself..completely different is..O_O; umm(no comment)  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:40 pm
Haha ulzzang in korea and japan, they do a lot of plastic
surgeries though... sweatdrop
But they still look good I guess ^^::  

Ryuu_Hitachi

mosbey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:33 am
ano?  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff