Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Where to begin?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Fetish Faerie

Romantic Lover

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:36 am
Sorry if this is already a thread, this is my first time posting!! But anyways today I decided I need to start my weight loss goals. I would like to lose at least 2 pounds at week or less something anything is good. But how exactly do I begin? I created a food dairy that is a start. But how do I take that first step to exercising and eating better? I mean it is the easier said than done thing. Advice for beginning please. If you need to know anything, please feel free to ask.

Again sorry if this is a duplicate.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:24 am
well first you could get rid off (and I don't mean eating them) of all junk food and candies and whatever unhealthy food you have in your house :3
or atleast let your family hide them if you don't live by yourself.
that's a start, right?

then you could look through sport magazines or even youtube to see
what kind of exercise you would like :3
and what you should eat to be healthier.  

delete_my_existence

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:06 am
I suggest making one small change every 1-2 weeks. Start with one of the ones on this list that seems like it will be easy for you.

1. Drink 64 ounces of water a day. Most drinking glasses are about 12 ounces when full, so drink 6 of those.

2. Eat two fruit servings per day. One piece of fruit, most of the time; 1/2 a large banana (or 1 whole small one); 1/2 cup of berries or grapes.

3. Eat three or more vegetable servings per day. A serving is about 1 cup, unless it's lettuce, which is about 3 cups per serving. Don't include corn, beans, peas, or potatoes as "vegetable" because they count as "starch."

4. Eat two servings of starch per day. Include corn, beans, peas, potatoes, brown rice, whole-grain pasta, and other whole grains (barley, millet, teff). If you're a teenager, eat 4 servings of starch per day.

5. Eat two dairy servings per day. A serving is 1 cup of fat-free milk or yogurt (6 ounces of fat-free Greek style yogurt, as it's more dense), or one ounce of fat-free or low-fat cheese.

6. Eat two to four servings of protein per day. A serving is 2 to 3 ounces of lean meat, poultry, fish, tofu, tempeh, or TVP (Textured Vegetable Protein).

7. Eat three teaspoons of Healthy Oil per day. The Healthy Oils are olive, sunflower, safflower, canola, and flaxseed oils. Other oils and fats should be avoided.

8. Spend 10-15 minutes stretching out all the muscles in your body.

9. After stretching, exercise vigorously for 10-20 minutes (or more, if you find the 10-20 minutes too easy), then stretch and cool down for another 10-15 minutes. Only do this for a maximum of five days a week, because you need a little rest in the middle so that your muscles can heal and develop instead of getting weaker from overuse.

10. Keep track of your weight once a week, on the same day and at the same time of day every week. Also track your food intake (as listed above), and your exercise schedule. Looking back, it will help you understand why you lose weight in some weeks, gain in other weeks.

11. Have a small treat once a week. Emphasis on small; emphasis on once. Weight Watchers makes some lovely low-fat and non-fat treats, and I highly encourage the use of those.

12. Every week, put $1 to $5 into a jar or special savings account. When you reach your goal weight (or if you're losing a LOT of weight like me, say every 10 or 25 pounds), take out the money and use it to buy yourself a new article of clothing. Not only is it a reward, but it's a practical consideration, because your old clothes will probably not look or feel right anymore.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games