Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
You have no idea what you're messing with!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Movin on Up

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:17 am
SpaceTerminal Destiny
Ah. See that's why I avoided using the title Chaos Magician for a very long time and just adopted Paradigm Pirate as my title. Because chaos is always assumed to mean a person is not sane. However, people took me even less serious when pirate was used. gonk

I take a restrictive view, which sounds ironic, but when I first got into this stuff, I used to culture rape because I had no concept of culture rape at the time. Mostly from the fact that none of the books that I took out on neo-paganism and religion in general mentioned such a concept. And no, I've never actually read any of the books of the "UBER-EVIL DO NOT READ" list.

Eh, most of those "UBER-EVIL" books are really only evil because theyre not friendly towards Christianity. A lot of them are just noise that even Lewelyn wouldn't publish!

Culture Rape? What is that? Does that mean y'all won't let me be the eclectic b*****d that I am? xp  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:27 pm
Movin on Up
Culture Rape? What is that? Does that mean y'all won't let me be the eclectic b*****d that I am? xp

Culture rape is the decontextualization, misrepresentation, bastardization etc of material that comes from closed traditions/ethnic groups for use in alien traditions.  

TeaDidikai

Zercia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:27 pm
AniMajor

So, when exactly do you know what you're messing with? Have you ever had any issues where you really didn't know what you were dealing with? And have you ever tried to scare someone out of doing something, because you thought that they were dealing with forces beyond their control?

Anyone who I introduce Paganism to the first book I lead them is one of Protection. That to me is the first thing you should know. The second thing I lead them is a book of Eithic and Morals. There will always be Baby Pagans who want to do love spells and stuff. Baby pagans always have to learn their own way. With anything like this there is always a bad and good. We all learn our own ways.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:36 pm
Zercia

Anyone who I introduce Paganism to the first book I lead them is one of Protection.
Why would magic be the first step and not theology?  

TeaDidikai

Zercia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:41 pm
TeaDidikai
Zercia

Anyone who I introduce Paganism to the first book I lead them is one of Protection.
Why would magic be the first step and not theology?

I only do that because when I got into meeting people things were happening. Not very good things at the time. Most people I talk with are looking for healing and changes to help their lives. Not really paganism the belief but the protection book I have does have theology in it.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:43 pm
Perhaps this is part of the problem. They're being introduced to the how before the why?  

TeaDidikai

Zercia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:56 pm
TeaDidikai
Perhaps this is part of the problem. They're being introduced to the how before the why?

The way I was introduce was not good. Going to rituals before I even know what it was about. I learned alot still am it will be a long way but you never stop learning.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:59 pm
I think rather than offering people magic- protection or otherwise, it would be better to offer them theology, anthropology, archeology... then ethics and lastly magic.  

TeaDidikai

Zercia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:32 pm
TeaDidikai
I think rather than offering people magic- protection or otherwise, it would be better to offer them theology, anthropology, archeology... then ethics and lastly magic.

True that could be the better way.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:36 pm
Zercia
TeaDidikai

True that could be the better way.
I like it better because I think of it like learning math. The only way I could ever understand math was to have the why explained.

Telling me that the image " 4+5=9 " never helped me until I understood what 4, 5, 9, + and = meant.

In that sense, the theology- mythology, cosmology, made up the explanation as to how to do the next part.  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces