Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:51 pm
[ Unashamed: The Monthly Newsletter ]
2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

[ Four days late and still just as awesome (just less fattening)! ]

You'll all have to excuse the lateness of this newsletter this month. Lots of stuff has been going on amongst the crew, both personal and guild related. As a result, we've had a bit of a difficult time not only picking a verse for this month, but also assigning a crew member to talk about it. xd But, as you can clearly see, we were finally able to come to a decision and ... well ... here's the newsletter.

[ You say goodbye, I say hello ]

So, some of the things that have been going on are as follows: we have recently lost two crew members. Paranormal Zombiiie not only left the crew, but has also left the guild. She will be missed, and maybe, hopefully, she'll come back and join us one day.

Ixor-san has also decided to go back to being a regular guild member. We left the option open for her to rejoin the crew in future if she likes, so perhaps we will again see her in the crew subforum. 3nodding

However, though we may have lost two of our beloved crew members, I'd like to take this time to introduce a new crew member. zz1000zz has now joined our moderating team. I shouldn't have to say it, but I will anyway: please show the respect to zz1000zz that you would afford to any other (crew) member.

So, for those of you wondering who you've got moderating the guild (in case you forgot who we all are, or are new), they are as follows:

Fushigi na Butterfly Me! Guild Captain. ^w^
Xandris The artist formerly known as ryuu_chan, and our Vice Captain.
freelance lover I call her Liz. 3nodding
Priestley He runs our Bible study. biggrin
zz1000zz Our newest crew member. heart

As always, we are all available to PM for any concern or question you might have.

[ I would just like to say something ]

It has recently come up that there is some tension among guild members about tone of posts and alleged intentional degradation and putting down of other members via said posts. Personally, I have been doing my best to mediate between involved members, but there is only so much I can do. So, I would just like to address this to all members: be aware of how your posts may come across to other members, and also try not to take other posts written by other members as a personal attack. If you feel there is a problem, you can PM myself or any one of the other crew members, but it's usually best to speak with the person with whom you have the issue, since I cannot solve other people's problems (and I have tried).

That said, I really hope we can all get along, even in spite of whatever tensions might arise as a result of disagreements. 3nodding

[ Now back to our regularly scheduled guild business talk ... and stuff ]

Anyway, let's talk about this month's verse, shall we? I felt inspired to choose this verse from 2 Corinthians by something ryuu had said (which quoted this verse), because I think, right now, we could all use a little encouragement. While the verse does have less to do with situational discouragements and more to do with personal flaw and setbacks, I think it is still very appropriate, especially seeing as how most of the guild are really feeling the strain of our downward spiraling economy.

That said, I think I'll turn the newsletter over to ryuu (Xandris) so he can impart a little wisdom on us. 3nodding

[ A word from our Crew ]

Is anyone else very world-weary? You feel like the pressures from parents or family or friends or school or work are getting to be a burden that your knees buckle under and make your heart heavy? Is your self-esteem cracked and bruised from any of those things, or, in some cases, from the lack of them? Do you feel like you're alone no matter how many people surround you, no matter how much support you're offered? For those in the guild who are still young enough to live with the parents, I'm sure that you've all felt the strain in your home. For those of us out on our own, jobs are short and bills are high. You feel like you can't control anything in your own life, no matter what your age, and feel silly confiding in someone else, thinking they can't possibly feel the same way. Your problems seem small compared to everyone else's. You might wonder why God is letting you go through this time, why he doesn't reach down his hand and lift us all up.

"But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong." 1 Corinthians 1:27

I loved what Priestley had to say about this verse, and I hope he doesn't mind me stealing it from him. "For example, the less intelligent a person is, the more that Christ's wisdom is required; the weaker a person is, the more that Christ's strength is required; the worse the sinner, the more that Christ's forgiveness is required. The purpose of Christ's power is fulfilled in the foolish, the weak and the sinners. It is this that shames the worldly wise, the worldly strong, the worldly righteous."

If you weren't going through what you were going through right now, whatever trial or tribulation it might be, God would have no room to do his work. If you think you've got it all together, then why would you ask God for help? It's in these dark days that we're all feeling downtrodden and weary that we must ask God for his loving hand... and to band together and uplift each other. "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9. Christ's power is in all of those who call him Savior, and a kind word or a little encouragement can go a long way. Don't be afraid to vent to your brothers and sisters. Don't be afraid that the guild will think that your worries are silly or stupid or unworthy of attention.

God will do his part for you, if you ask, and so will the rest of us.

[ Prayer requests ]

These are all the prayer requests that have come in during January If you'd like to make comments and offer support, feel free to post in the individual prayer request threads inside the Prayer Request subforum.

Jkopps
Hello, my name is Jeremy. I have a prayer request if you don't mind. I just became a Christian almost a year ago and I have been enjoying every moment of becoming one. However I am struggling with depression and thoughts of suicide. I don't know why and I get sporadic help from the church I attend now. I have been suffering with this depression most likely since I was about 6 or 7 years of age. I know the Scriptures which talk about walking in faith and about how the truth will set you free, but I am still suffering with this. If you guys could pray for me it would be such a huge blessing. Thank you for your time and God bless.

__________ __________ __________

Jessy_4 26 2008
My puppy, my little sister, Bubbles, has a serious infection in her uterus, and she's 8 weeks or so pregnant. We already know she's losing the babies, but the surgery involved in removing her uterus (and the infection) might cause us to lose her too. I'm very saddened, and I'm asking for you to pray for her, so that we don't lose her..

I don't know if my Dad believes, I worry about that, since he's in poor health. I don't think he's read the entire Bible, I know he hasn't been Baptized. I don't know how to talk to him about God and how important He is. I've been praying to find the right time to talk to him about Him, but have yet to find it..

One of my closest friends, Ashley, is an Atheist. Whenever you bring up religion, she shuts down, and shuts you out. I don't know why she's decided God doesn't exist, but I'm sure it's because she's had such a hard life. I can't get through to her, or find a time where we're together more than 5 minutes to talk to her about it.

Thank You All,
Jessy

Arroe Kitsu
My church has been praying for revival for the past month now in order to prepare us for our revival services we have every year. But this year... feels different. I truly believe that God is going to come down in such a mighty way, and He knows we need it. I am asking that right now each and every one of you do the same. Pray that God will move in Lucy Baptist, and it will spread. I encourage all of you to examine your hearts as I do mine, and beg God to show up in our lives. Our country desperately needs awakening and revival of His people for His Glory. Pray for us earnestly, and I will be for you.
2 Chronicles 7:13-15
13 "When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, 14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 15 Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place."
That's HIS people. We are all the church, the body of Christ, those who claim a relationship with him. So i encourage you, and ask that you pray for us, and ask God to do the same in your lives, home, and church. I dont know about you, but I think we need it. I believe that we are that dry bone valley It talks about in Ezekiel 37:1-9. Read that and ask yourself, "Is that me? Is that us?" I truly, with every thing I am, believe that. But I know fully well that He will revive us again if we just ask. Again, please pray and seek God. If mountains can tremble before Him, and the clouds are the dust of His feet, I know that he can move in His people because He promises. So, thank you, and God Bless.

Your sister in Christ,
Sarah Perkins.

Lisa Faye
I'm fairly sure I might have posted regarding my Aunt Dobie around Christmas. But I don't see it.
Here's a cut and paste I did to my friend, Amy.

I called Mom today. Since I hadn't heard anything since before Christmas regarding how Aunt Dobie was, I wanted to know how she was doing.
Mom said she had another severe diabetic episode. Her blood sugar was again sky high, and she was throwing things everywhere and screaming.
She was hospitalized, and Mom said she will be moved to the Nursing Home, Lady of the Valley. This time, they do not expect her to return to her home on Victor Ave.
Aunt Dobie's real name is Evelyn Walters.
Heaven help me for thinking like this, but even Aunt Becky mentioned this Christmas Eve. What Aunt Dobie is going through is no real way to live at her age. As much as I love her, and we all have loved her, it might be better for her if these episodes are going to continue to ravage her body, if she were to head home to Heaven.
I hate to be thinking like that. But I know in between her moments of clarity, which are growing smaller by the day, she has to be suffering.
Becky said she has been taking care of Aunt Dobie like this for five long years. And her episodes are only getting worse. Especially if she can't recall if she took her medication or not.
I've oddly turned my mind to God late at night, and have spoken quite a bit to Him with my lights out, actually preparing to sleep, regarding Aunt Dobie and her declining health.
Aunt Dobie is in her eighties. She's lived a very long life. Much longer than I would have expected a great aunt to live. Much longer than Uncle Jack, who was her husband. He passed away in his sleep of a heart attack when Steven was in his toddler years.
Since the severe episode Christmas Eve, we were not allowed to see her. And it broke Cecil's and my heart. He has brought up to me going to see her. And I know if something bad happens, and I don't listen to Cecil, I might have quite a few regrets.
Please pass on this prayer request to the church. And tell Pastor Darryl if he has time, for either him, or Jake Roulderbush to pay Aunt Dobie a visit at the Lady of the Valley. As much as I love her, I can't be sure of her destination. It's honestly a subject Cecil or I have been unable to bring up to her. So maybe someone else can.
An even bigger question for me, even though I wish for her peace, and for her not to suffer, will I be able to handle the aftermath?
I have said before, no matter how you prepare yourself, or how you wish it was over, it still feels like running into a brick wall. Because it does. And that is a fear of mine. When it happens, can I survive it?
When Aunt Dobie ends up no longer with us, and I know that time is growing close, can I get through it enough to continue to function in a job. or life in general?
It's just a confusing thing here. To know someone is suffering here on Earth, wish for their peace, but when it comes, you still are not ready for it. Are we ever ready for it?

I could use some prayer. I don't know if my Aunt Dobie needs prayer or not. I just know, with everything she's going through in her eighties, I don't want her to suffer.
Thank you.

beastly gnar
Hey I have this friend, and she's Catholic. I keep telling her that in order to get to heaven and be with Jesus you have to accept him and have faith and ask for forgiveness and everything. But she's just not getting it, she says that we will get to heaven by doing good works and stuff, which we know that is totally not true. I've explained it numerous times many different ways, but she's just not accepting it or anything, this was her last email to me "I WILL NOT BE SWAYED." So, if anybody sees this post, please just pray for her to know the truth and that God will speak through me, and she'll just be able to see that Jesus is the only way to heaven. Thanks so much!!

Kain1334
=o prayer makes things better(and ive never preached infront of alot of ppl, just my friends =P)

Fushigi na Butterfly
Apparently, according to my dad and stepmom, I've reached the point in my job hunt where I need to just accept whatever job is open- be it working at the grocery store next to the dollar store where I already work or the Subway a few stores down. I, according to them, can no longer afford to be picky.

I'm considering going back to be a teacher at daycare. I think they pay more, and my hours would be pretty fixed. I need prayer for guidance and patience. I'm hoping to get either one of the "real" jobs I've recently applied to, or one of the cool retail jobs at the mall that I've applied to (Victoria's Secret, ftw! ^o^). I have so many bills to pay- mostly school loans- and I have no health insurance as we speak, so God forbid anything should happen to me. confused

Um ... yeah, that's it. confused

bluewisher
There's this girl that was in my homeroom last year and I couldn't stand her AT ALL, but I tried being nice. I didn't like how she acted, as if she was immature and whenever i talked to my best friend she would get mad like Im hogging my friend or something! What the heck?
Anywho, she left the school last year, but I find out she's coming back supposedly Monday... I said I'll try to be nice ^^ but.. I have a feeling I'll havea problem with that. So I ust need some kindness in my heart...

Xandris
I've refrained from putting something in here for awhile now because it seemed that everyone was having the same types of problems and I didn't want to be just one more in that steady stream. But, I've come to my senses and realize that I need the prayers more than my pride.

First and foremost, I've been out of a job for just a little over a month now. Having moved into a new house, and all the first month's bills being high due to startup and installation fees, not to mention the bills I ALREADY owed, the ONLY thing I've paid this month is rent. My roommate is completely and utterly understanding, much more than I could have hoped and is trying to pull us through on some fairly sad-looking paychecks. I've been fighting with the unemployment office because, since national unemployment is at an all-time high, they're stretching the process through immense amounts of red tape in order to stretch the money a little further. So, instead of waiting the standard three weeks for my first check, I now have to open a new claim and wait ANOTHER three weeks. All the while, if I DO get a job, I'm not entitled to ANY of that money while I was out of work.

My student loans are now due, and not paying those means that my mother's credit will decline, as she was my co-signer.

I got a notice today that I'm being sued by a hospital, which is because I don't qualify for Medicaid, have no medical insurance, and don't qualify for the hospital's insurance. I can't afford a lawyer, and I obviously can't afford to pay what they're sueing for, since I didn't have the money for the bill in the first place. I'm sure that in place of money they can take my massage table, which means that any house calls I could make with it to further my experience and actually get a job that I went to school for is diminished.

So, while I'd like prayers to help me find a job and work out my financial situation, I'd really appreciate ones for my mental health as well. For the past three weeks all I've felt is hopeless and depressed and I can't shake myself out of it. It makes me apathetic enough to not want to get out of bed in the morning and go do things that will help me out of this bad situation.

Autie Lady
Okay..I'm going to have a job interview Friday at an Elder Day Care. It's not a paying job, but there are other people applying for the same job. It also takes 1 hour and 38 minutes to get their by bus, provided I don't miss any of the transfers. (think there is like 3 buses I need to ride) I really need prayers that I don't screw up the interview AND manage to get there on time. So please, pray! Thanks.

freelance lover
So I decided to participate in The Biggest Loser's Pound for Pound challange. You set a goal as to how much weight you want to lose, and for every pound you lose, The Biggest Loser will donate a pound of groceries to a local food shelter. I've been trying to drop about 15lbs for a while, but I think this motivation will really help me get to a more confident me, and help some people out in the process.

I just really need some prayers for self control and a constant reminder that I'm not doing this all for myself, but for others as well.

[ Praise reports ]

We also like to praise God for what He's done in our lives, giving Him glory for the immense blessings He's given us. These are the praise reports that have been posted in February. If you'd like to praise along with them, or offer your own praise reports, you can do so in the Praise subforum.

Fushigi na Butterfly
So this week seems to be the week that God is deciding to bless me immensely as regards job stuff. Not only did I get the Victoria's Secret job that I wanted, but the mental health position that's located in my best friend's neighbor's house called me to get references, which is a hugely good sign. I'm continuing to pray that I do get the mental health job (because it would be so good for me, financially, and experience wise), but I just praise God that He has blessed with these small (huge!) things so far. 3nodding

saki_hanajima7
Well today was my first day completely without the sling [from my shoulder surgery almost 7 weeks ago]!!!! Unfortunately, I'm not even close to fully healed...I have about 4 and a half months left of physical therapy. But I'm definitely improving! I can almost shampoo my hair with both hands now! =]

Ixor-san
I have a physical exam scheduled for tomorrow and if that goes well (no reason it shouldn't), I will have employee orientation on march 2nd and 3rd. I'll be an on-call SPD Aide at a hospital in San Fransisco and it's a really big chain so this promises to be a very good one.

Praise to God for keeping us holding on and for making the wait worth it. 3nodding

freelance lover
I just found out I got a summer internship stage managing for Oklahoma Shakespeare in the Park! Those of you not familiar with the way theatre is run, the stage manager has a HUGE role- running rehearsals, keeping everyone updated, being the line of communication between the designers, actors, director- everyone involved, and so on. I'm really excited about this because I just switch to stage management this semester, meaning I only have a couple assistant stage management jobs and one stage management job (which I hadn't even started when I got interviewed) under my belt, and they were all at my university. Summer stock theatre is a huge step towards getting work after I graduate, and in the theatre community, work is hard to come by.

I'm just really excited about this opportunity God has given me! It makes me feel like the theatre is really where God wants me to put my talent to use.

[ March's birthdays ]

This month, Unashamed wishes a happy and blessed birthday to:

mistymorning14
SavageDamsal
kitty-kungfu
Naristar
TurtleJen
Kihaku Fukai
Meloreiel
Toshi Takenuma
janegreenajah
jerrysaen
killego
MissMeowMeowKitty
Perrian
twang tse

Hope it's a great one, guys!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:58 pm
Great job cranking this out, dude. Well done. smile  

Priestley

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:59 pm
Thanks~ I try. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:30 am
For all the prayer requests, I've made a note and will keep each of you in my prayers tonight. heart  

Doodle Glow

maria franklin

6,600 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:36 pm
hey can ppl pray for my friend she has been in the hospital 4 3 weeks she just got out and she has a 1 in a million type of disese and i hope she feels better  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:01 pm
maria twin
hey can ppl pray for my friend she has been in the hospital 4 3 weeks she just got out and she has a 1 in a million type of disese and i hope she feels better

This is the wrong thread. We have a prayer subforum for these requests. This once, we'll submit your request to the subforum and put it in the appropriate sticky for prayer and mention in next month's newsletter.  

Priestley

dawgwhisperer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:29 pm
2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me,
"My grace is sufficient for you,
for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly
about my weaknesses,
so that Christ's power may rest on me.

A M E N , Great verse!!! & Sooo true exclaim
Well done on the newsletter!