Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
L e n t ?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pink Rain Today

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:55 pm
User Image

I am not religious, but I am using Lent as a weight-loss tool.

My basic understanding of it is that a person gives up something, typically caffeine or cigarettes, from about now to Easter.

I have chosen as of today to not have any more sweets or fattening foods unless it's a special occasion; I went on a binge week and regret it.

What about you guys?

"If your stomach feels weak my work here is DONE."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:26 pm
yes your assumtion is pretty much correct. lent is a 40 day period in which christians choose to give up something valuable to us to show self sacrifce to jesus since he sacrificed himself for us. we do it because its a commitment we make not only to ourselves but to god so we'll be more likely to stick with it. you don't have to be religious to do it, but keep in mind its a 40 day sacrifice, thats a long time. overall its a good start, but i would maybe take it down a step so its easier to stick with. otherwise your just going to end up like me, frustrated. maybe instead of all fatty foods try just the ones you are most addicted to like chocolate or in my case ice cream. it might be easier and less overwhelming to you. trust me i can attest to that.  

AoiMakura

delete_my_existence

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:12 pm
I think the idea of lent is a bit silly...
also if you can give up your bad habit for 40 days, why not quit it there? :3  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:47 am
Shinu_Rei

Think of Lent as an excuse to go 40 days without, most likely when it comes to giving up something bad for those 40 days at the end you'll see how well you are without it and won't want to go back. 3nodding  

Starlurk

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:05 am
I think I'm going to give up non naturally produced MSG. (Avocados produce it in their flesh naturally, it's not that bad for you)

Yeah, something I should give up anyway, but it's terribly hard. Msg is in a lot of food and quite addictive. It's also in a lot of the foods we all like to snack on.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:20 am
Lady Schist
I think I'm going to give up non naturally produced MSG. (Avocados produce it in their flesh naturally, it's not that bad for you)

Yeah, something I should give up anyway, but it's terribly hard. Msg is in a lot of food and quite addictive. It's also in a lot of the foods we all like to snack on.

Like practically all chips. gonk  

Starlurk

Pink Rain Today

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:53 am
Starlurk
Shinu_Rei

Think of Lent as an excuse to go 40 days without, most likely when it comes to giving up something bad for those 40 days at the end you'll see how well you are without it and won't want to go back. 3nodding

User Image

Exactly. =D

I've decided to allow myself one day a week, Sundays, if I break down.

"If your stomach feels weak my work here is DONE."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:06 am
Starlurk
Lady Schist

Like practically all chips. gonk

Precisely. Also, I can still eat kettle corn and tortilla chips so that's all that matters.  

Lady Schist

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games