Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Gimp is confusing! help.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

here have some gold.
yay
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
yay some more!
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

LazyWhiteCloud

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:21 pm
how do you use Gimp. i don't have the money for photoshop. so i downloaded the free gimp thing! but how do you do the layers and there and many things in the tool box i do not know how to use.
If you know where a tutorial besides the on gimp.com (its confusing!) plz tell me!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:51 am
Have you tried searching for an online manual? I remember way back I used GIMP and it was a little different, but the tools weren't that hard to learn.

Try googling a manual and there should be tutorials out there. Search engines are you best friends.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

The Other Necromancer

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:30 am
LazyWhiteCloud
how do you use Gimp. i don't have the money for photoshop. so i downloaded the free gimp thing! but how do you do the layers and there and many things in the tool box i do not know how to use.
If you know where a tutorial besides the on gimp.com (its confusing!) plz tell me!

you can looking on youtube  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:39 pm
Coloring with GIMP
that's a coloring tutorial for gimp. It really helps. I used it all the time when I worked with GIMP.

aaah now how to create a layer - very good stuffies there. I don't use any CG at the moment and I can't remember how to make a new layer in gimp...however... this explains some of the basics
gimp basics

hope that helps a little  

Rags of Ash

Gaian Art Mentors

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas