Reply Life Issues & Fashion
makeup help please?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NewAgeAntique

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:34 am
Where can I get real good quality makeup like pale/white foundation preferably the non-pore clogging mineral powder kind? Does this even exist? I'm not very good with makeup so I need something simple and not annoying to wear.

Also, I'd love some other makeup tips if you so care to devulge your secrets.
Thanks. :]  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:29 pm
oh so Extravagant...

I highly recommend Cover Girl for foundation. It works really well and it doesn't clog your pores.
And to add more of a white effect I suggest getting something like NYC's face powder in "translucent"

User Image
My Art Request Thread

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comrade

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:32 am
Are you looking for just drugstore brands, or does it matter?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:25 pm
It doesn't matter. I'd like something I could go out and buy personally because i dislike ordering things over the nets, but I wouldn't mind knowing the product names or where to get them on the internet if I had too.

-

And, thank you Extravagantly Yours I'll try that, although I might subsitute cover girl for some of the hippie mineral stuff I've seen. For some reason being assured that it's just mushed up rocks makes me feel more secure about putting it on my face... heh
Do you know where I can buy the NYC face powder? Do they sell it at those makeup stands at the mall or at drugstores?  

NewAgeAntique

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:12 am
A drugstore one you could probably find in a much paler color is probably Loreal's True Blend (Plus it comes in warm, cool, or neutral shades) I've read a lot of pretty good things about it and I've heard it's not pore clogging.

For mineral makeup, Physician's formula has a mineral makeup line, it's not supposed to clog pores and it's not supposed to irritate sensitive skin either.... But I'm not too sure if the color range is pale enough though. sweatdrop

There's also those 'skin matching' ones by Revlon or Almay out there.

Now the only non-halloween WHITE foundation I can really think of at the moment is from the Dainty Doll line by Jelly Pong Pong which also has 2 other really pale foundations.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:38 pm
Hmm... lots of options. The Dainty Doll brand looks like what I was looking for except in a cream instead of powder. I'll probably order that if I can't find any good mineral powders.
I guess the next step is to actually go buy the stuff. heh  

NewAgeAntique

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comrade

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:27 pm
User Image
oh so Extravagant...

You should be able to find NYC in any drugstore
I don't recommend their foundation, but their face powder is cheap and pretty decent.
I just recommended Covergirl because it covers any unsavory blemishes really well

User Image

Life Issues & Fashion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff