Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Braez and his stuff

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Braezer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:15 pm
well its been a while since this board has seen a topic i see...so i will grant you a peek at my brush and model skillzz:

my WIP steam golem rock lobber
User Image

here is my big un' boss
User Image

User Image

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/Cardmaster/DSCF2587.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/Cardmaster/DSCF2588.jpg

normal big un's
they;re not done yet...but the whole army needs a new dipp in the paint and they will look like these

User Image

and my chaos WIP
its an all tzeentch army

User Image

User Image

yeh mold lines...these are old pics xp

User Image

User Image

User Image

wizards
User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

the warriors
User Image

User Image

thats it for now folks...let me hear what you think...just keep it civil...i hate comments with no back ground  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:59 pm

Dude, your second wizard is amazing, both the painting and the modeling. The staff is a little bit out of line, but the general appearance of the model is just slick in general. Only question: Why do your Centigors have saddles?

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Braezer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:08 am
Caleidah

Dude, your second wizard is amazing, both the painting and the modeling. The staff is a little bit out of line, but the general appearance of the model is just slick in general. Only question: Why do your Centigors have saddles?
cause they are marauder horsemen...haha the horses are great and because it was tzeentch i figured i could easily make them centaurs in a fluffy kind of way....looks way more awesome on the table.... thing is that you cant get rid of the sadles so well... so i think i will just glue on some axes or something similar....they are a bit on hold for now as im playing orcs and empire...
and i dont want to start off with too much at once...

and the staff yeh i know....im still thinking about that...but as it needs a different base i will also put some attention in that while im ad it xp

thanks though for the comment...always glad to hear stuff like that xp  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:48 pm
I'm alays very critical so I'm going to point out the few things that bothered me..

This is very much a personal thing of mine, but the antomy of that wizard [second] is very painful to look at. The wrist looks a bit too thin for the arm, and a bit too gnarled.

The horns and additions the the ogres, etc are in real need of being better attached [Can't think of how to put it..]
Basically, you need to use a bit more green stuff to smooth the transition between head and horn, otherwise it does just look like it's been stuck on, like a helmet spike, rather than having grown.

As to paintjobs. I'm trying to avoid having any negative comments of other peoples painting skills until I can put up some I'm proud of xd
But those orks look a bit plain, and the green isn't very solid.  

Messyart

Hostile Streaker

10,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items