Welcome to Gaia! ::

Perfect Strangers Guild

Back to Guilds

There are no such things as strangers, only friends we haven't met yet. 

Tags: Bookworms, Heroes, General, strangers, friends 

Reply PSG News Letter
♥ PSG NewZ: February 2009 ♥

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melisciose22
Captain

3,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:08 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PSG NewZ
February 2009

Flowers For Valentine’s Day

Plants have changed a lot in the history of the Earth. They are believed to have descended by evolution from photosynthetic bacteria (which use the sunlight to make energy). But we as humans have shaped the evolution of plants; for example through selective breeding.

When Gregor Mendel tested experiments on pea plants he discovered many of the underlying themes in genetics. He showed that by breeding two pea plants with desirable traits, it was likely the offspring plants would inherit those desirable traits. This is very useful in agriculture because it means that we can breed commercial plants to have the traits we want. Like a deep green colour, extra juicy, crisp texture or more flowers than normal. The flowers you buy from a florist are commercially grown and are descended from a long line of individual plants selected for desirable traits. These traits include brighter colours, more flowers on a plant, longer lasting flowers, reduced pollen, enhanced scent etc. This means that we as consumers are more satisfied with the product and that more of their crops will be viable and likely to be sold.

So when you buy flowers for your Valentine think about how much work went into making them as beautiful as they are and how we are improving them everyday with selective breeding and genetics.

wahmbulance January Spotlight wahmbulance
I see dead Presidents!!
User ImageCongratulations Mystic12!! She won January's Avi cotest. The theme was Dead Presidents and basically you had to create a dead president look alike contest and Mystic won over the votes with her rendition of Grand ol Abraham Lincoln! Great Job Mystic! OfCourseImawesome came in second and GRaphic Geek and Undacuva Druid tied at third place. Good Job everyone! This months Theme "My funny Valentine"

melisciose22

A Shot of Bliss
Look every one!!! My House won third place on week umm #5 and also Fourth for week #3.

melisciose22

here's one of my favorite comments from this round
peace05 said: "really cool. the lighting is very relaxing just like this house. i think the design and placing of every item is just perfect.
awesome! i give this house a perfect, 10! (i mean 5/5)
hee hee."

heart Happy birthdays heart
Gankutsuou25 - 5th
sweet candy girl 13 - 13th
Bunnyangel14 - 14th
orangeyx - 12th
SugarSweet6- 16th
Toxic Melon - 17th
DiaVayne - 20th
graphic geek - 23
MyOwnRainCloud - 27th

A lot of February birthdays…Happy birthday u guys…hope u have a wonderful B-day.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:12 am

wahmbulance Voices of PSG! wahmbulance
Comment of the month: Heroes New Season!!!
FRom Ebon Faerie to Melisciose22 our heroes obsession.
It sort of reminds me of how Lost went nuts after the 1st season. I was yearning for the "feel" of the 1st season until halfway thru the 2nd season. Then I just quit watching altogether. I do kinda want to know what happened to them... LOL!

Heroes just went in different directions after the end of season 1 then crazy after season 2. I was a but disappointed but mostly surprised with the way things happened. I'm always entertained though and I guess that's what matters in the end

Yeah, Claire is so ridiculous! Glowering at her "dads" like a 4-year-old who isn't getting her way then crying in her room as her mommy unpacks. My mom would've known instantly that I was upset. There's something so wrong with the family now. I mean, Lyle has been absent since season 1 (?) and they all seem to be akward around each other. I miss the old HRG!!! And Mr. Muggles!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always liked Hero & Ando. They can make any scene funny. They fit very well into their rolls. Hero & sidekick (although who knows which is which anymore?). Mohinder sort of took a backseat in my book after he got powers. That was a dumb move. Maybe the writers will fix him though. He used to be so hot. Before the hair gel. Mwahahaha!

Peter is a bit self important now, wanting to lead the charge to take down Nathan (I won't even get into how mad I am at him). Don't you think it's odd that Peter can't use all of the powers he absorbs? Didn't he learn about all that in the 1st season? Oh yeah, bye-bye, Tracy Strauss (no thanks to Peter - the jerk flew away!!!!).

I was shocked that they took Daphne away from Matt! I liked that he finally had someone who understood him. I sort of have a crush on that character. He's nerdy and akward. You know, I never even realized this until you said that about the African guy's accent but he does have a pleasant voice. I work with lots of Africans and they have cool accents (especially my boss who's from Zimbabwe). He reminds me of Rafiki from The Lion King though! LOLZ!!!! ^_^;

And Sylar! He was looking so smexy in that scene in the house when he was talking to the kid. He has to practice in a mirror to be able to give such smoldering looks! Ahem! Anyway, he's got a diciple now. Good LORD help us!

Did you see the commercials for the newest webisode? That character has my first AND last name! How crazy is that? All my friends texted me and told me they were glad I survived the explosion at Pinehurst. Me too! ^_~

Okay, sorry for the long comment. I'm so bad!

PSG Hair!

User ImageSo what u think about Sophia’s new look? When I took a look back at our dearest Sophia with her long luscious black hair >>>I can help but think about the girl from the Ring!! lol...just kidding sophia But with her new cut I think Sophia’s looks ravishing!! Very nice Soph! Love the bangs

And also Look at dani’s cut wooo hooo looking fierce!!!
(now if only i can find a pic)

Dear Psg,
I hope u enjoyed our first issue. As with many first sometimes its not at its best but i an hoping we can come together to make our newZ letter incredible. Please i really do appreciate all feed back and suggestions.

melisciose22

Melisciose22
Captain

3,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

daniG0rawr
Crew

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:26 am
loved it....and heres a pic of my hair...User Image..not a real good one  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:46 pm
fanboy360
loved it....and heres a pic of my hair.....not a real good one

Nice. When it grows out, it may look like David Bowie or Leon Kennedy.

Nice job, Mel!  

-Sakabato-_Chaos_Demigod-

5,700 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Healer 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Melisciose22
Captain

3,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:27 pm
thanks saka maybe next issue we have more contributions and hear ore from u guys.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:10 pm
I'm re-watching Season 1 right now and man is it good! ^_^  

A Fitting End

Thirteenth Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200

Graphic Geek
Crew

3,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:32 am
Melisciose22
thanks saka maybe next issue we have more contributions and hear ore from u guys.

sry about that sweatdrop -Feels bad-
But the letter is great love it.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:30 pm
OMG!!! Lyle and Mr. Muggles were on tonight's episode!! The writers have ears and eyes everywhere... *shivers*  

A Fitting End

Thirteenth Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200

Melisciose22
Captain

3,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:10 pm
lol...i think they do...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:05 pm
i was featured!
i feel so speciall!;D♥
ilyy guys!♥[:

MyOwnRainCloud
Crew

Benevolent Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Frozen Solid 200

undacuva_druid
Vice Captain

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:28 am
Eek Heroes spoilers :S

Yay! My article was 1st!!! Woot... I have some ideas brewing for the next newsletter...

I love the pix!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:08 pm
Melisciose22
yea sorry bout that...i was away for awhile  

daniG0rawr
Crew

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

ni hao elaine
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:54 am
This is our first monthly newsletter, correct?
Not bad for the first one (if it is).
The Gregor Mendel thing, wow, really reminds me of my 8th grade & 9th grade science classes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:11 pm
it isour first issue im workijg on march's now  

Melisciose22
Captain

3,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PSG News Letter

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash