Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Back to Guilds

Join vegetarians and supporters for discussion on health, cooking, and ethical issues! 

Tags: Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Animal, Cooking 

Reply Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians
Is it me or is this guild kinda dead?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

English is illegal on her

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:54 pm
Really, its kinda sad. Its the most popular veg*n guild and there is hardly ever any new posts.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:37 pm
The guild has been around for a while, so I believe a lot of it is due to people who never access their accounts anymore.

I've been keeping an eye on the captain's guild for updates; one of the developers has been watching that guild to look at suggestions to improve the most neglected feature on the site: guilds.

I think once a mass-PM system gets implemented, and newsletters can go out, this guild will thrive again. I had a mod that was hired because she was going to start an e-mail list to contact members that way, but real life got in her way and she's barely around anymore. sad

Hopefully soon something awesome can happen with guilds, I'd love to see this guild thrive again. ^^

Also, no one else has posted in the introduction section, I like replying to threads there. D:  

Ailinea
Vice Captain

Astrox

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:05 pm
I joined a long time ago and kinda forgot about the guild... but I'm back!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:57 am
nah it's not dead.
I still reply to the guild when I can but I'm in a lot of guilds and sometimes don't have enough time to reply. But don't ban me for goddess's sake!
I still think this guild is really helpful. 3nodding  

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

superpuffermonkey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:52 am
Hi all
Im new here and I hope the guild wont die biggrin
I will help keep it alive ! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:57 am
Astrox
I joined a long time ago and kinda forgot about the guild... but I'm back!

eek

Holy crap, Astrox! Welcome back, man! YAY do I have another active moderator? It was starting to get lonely. sad  

Ailinea
Vice Captain

Tirpse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:17 pm
I'd love to help keep the guild active and alive. I'm new as well, and I'd love to make good use of the guild, as recently I've been rather full of fail when it comes to vegetarianism.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:24 pm
There are people here! I thought the same thing when I joined. What would the newsletters have?  

Ink Stitchling

Ailinea
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:32 pm
Ink Stitchling
There are people here! I thought the same thing when I joined. What would the newsletters have?

Oh, random things, I was thinking of getting some members together to write some interesting articles on what's going on in the veg*n world outside of Gaia (product breakthroughs, animal rights issues, book reviews to name a few). I was also thinking of doing a member-of-the-week "column" that will give basic facts about active members and and insight into their lifestyles. Then some links to some really hot topics/discussions going on in the guilds, plus if activity really gets hopping, some contests and stuff.

And of course, a featured recipe or two in each newsletter! The newsletter would be either bi-weekly or monthly, but more than likely monthly.

Of course, I'm always open to suggestions!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:12 pm
Ailinea
Ink Stitchling

Oh, random things, I was thinking of getting some members together to write some interesting articles on what's going on in the veg*n world outside of Gaia (product breakthroughs, animal rights issues, book reviews to name a few). I was also thinking of doing a member-of-the-week "column" that will give basic facts about active members and and insight into their lifestyles. Then some links to some really hot topics/discussions going on in the guilds, plus if activity really gets hopping, some contests and stuff.

And of course, a featured recipe or two in each newsletter! The newsletter would be either bi-weekly or monthly, but more than likely monthly.

Of course, I'm always open to suggestions!

That sounds like a great idea! I'm willing to help if I can. And what about including a tip-of-the-week/month/whatever about being veggie?  

Ink Stitchling

Ailinea
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:51 pm
Ooh, the tip thing sounds awesome. Thanks for the suggestion!

When we're able to do newsletters, I'll hit you up for some help. =D  
Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff