Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Everything For Everyone Guild (EFE)
-rantrantrantrantrant-

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SapphireSara3
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:25 pm
So, you guys know the "To Write Love on Her Arms Day"?
Well if you don't, it's this suicide awareness campaign where once every few months, you write "Love" on your arm [literally] to show your support. [--&Link]

Anyways, I found out about it like a few months ago & I bought a shirt from there. Not because it was pretty [which it is. *_*], but because it's a cause that I feel extremely strongly about. Anyways, I wear it like all the time now & suddenly everyone at school is starting to get them & everyone is asking me where I got it, even though they don't know what it means. Now it's just becoming like a trend... and I no longer feel proud to wear it.

It's not that I don't support people buying for the cause... I think that's AMAZING.
But it's just the people that buy them [well at least that I'VE seen], are those stereotyping confident kids that have no idea what's going on in the world. Those are the people that go around judging people as "emo"& making fun of them. It's just so hypocritical. I mean, they're just one of the catalysts to a persons suicide, yet they're saying that they support suicide awareness?

What do you guys think about this?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:40 pm
Maybe if you tell those people where you got your shirt, then they'd look up the cause and get interested in it. It could help them in the long run. And if it didn't, at least they'd still be giving their two cents (figuratively) to a good cause. You could also point out to them, when they wear the shirt, that they're supposed to be supporting suicide awareness, not causing it.  

Tari_Dragonblade

2,000 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Emo_Like_A_Dinosaur

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:47 pm
User Image
User Image

EMODINOSAIDWHAT?!

That sickens me.

I had a lot in my head that I was going to say but that's all I can right now.

User ImageThe Dino Has SpokenUser Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:03 pm
User Image ess han hree Ύou.

That's just sad.
                What gives them right to buy a shirt to support a cause that they may or may not know when their intentions was to fit in the fashion trend?
                Might as well just give them a trendy looking shirt that says 'HYPOCRITE' in big bold letters.

User Image  

TillxGone
Crew

Dangerous Lover

Meiazure

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:27 pm
User ImageUser Image
User ImageTwinkle twinkle little star,
How I wonder what you are!
Up above the world so high, User Image

User Image
If you direct them to where you got it from, at least they'd financially support the cause. However, I totally agree with you in that they are not psychologically enthusiastic and really care about the cause at heart.

But! You've gotta think on the other side too, as if you were one of them. Think about it. If you saw a friend wear a really awesome looking shirt, you'd probably want to ask them where they got it (even if you don't plan on getting one in the near future). They may not mean to turn the cause into a fashion statement, but are just curious because the shirt looks nice. :0 If you actually tell them about the cause, they'll have a chance to learn what it really IS all about and be motivated to support it just as you do 3nodding

User Image
User ImageLike a diamond in the sky,
Twinkle twinkle little star,
How I wonder what you are!User Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:06 pm
User Image
• • • | | = † e ê η a ġ ε S c я € w ϋ ρ = | | • • •
< °°° questioning humanity °°° >

It's kind of like my David's Star necklace. I wear it cause it means something to me. Other people started wearing shirts with it printed on it and they're ******** Christian or something. D: Makes me feel somewhat ashamed to be Jewish. ; o;

There is no such word as loved.
Love has no past tense.
If you ever stop loving someone,
Then you never loved them in the first place.

The Teenage Screwup

Encarton
Crew

Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:08 pm
Aye that is pretty bad...

>.>
Reminds me of how I don't like wearing brand shirts so much cause I dun want to advertise for them unless I like it x3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:15 pm
User Image
• • • | | = † e ê η a ġ ε S c я € w ϋ ρ = | | • • •
< °°° questioning humanity °°° >

Like this one kid at school! She was wearing a Fall Out Boy shirt and when I asked her about it she was all "They suck. I wouldn't be caught dead listening to their crap songs." To say I was speechless was a huge understatement. D:

There is no such word as loved.
Love has no past tense.
If you ever stop loving someone,
Then you never loved them in the first place.

The Teenage Screwup

Encarton
Crew

Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:23 pm
Wow xD
That's just... wow
You should have said, Well if you wouldn't be caught dead listening to their 'crap songs', I don't see why you would want to wear their 'crap shirt'

Or perhaps something even more clever than that...

Everything For Everyone Guild (EFE)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games