Reply Videogame Related Talk [Talk about video games]
"Koopa's List" Episode #2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Original_Chaplin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:31 pm
'Ello everybody! How ya doin' today? Welcome to "Koopa's List", I'm your host Koopa72. Today's show is gonna be a bit on the short side cause I'm feeling kinda sick. But that doesn't mean it won't be fun! biggrin On this episode we will be counting down "The 5 Worst Videogames of All Time". Let's get started! 4laugh

#5 Shaq Fu
User Image

Popular NBA Superstar Shaquille O'Neal stars in this horrible fighting game. The game starts when O'Neal wanders into a kung fu dojo while heading to a heavily emphasized charity basketball game in Tokyo, Japan. There, he stumbles into another dimension, where he is forced to rescue a young boy named Nezu from the evil mummy Sett-Ra. This game from what I've heard is very difficult. I say "from what I've heard" because personally I've never been able to make it past the introduction. Bad visuals, an obscure combo system and messed up hit detection makes this one bad game. In the June 2007 issue of Game Informer, Shaq Fu was #10 on the "Top 10 Worst Licensed Game Ideas (ever)" in the Connect section. It was #4 worst game on Gametrailers.com's "Top Ten Best and Worst Video games". It was #1 on Screwattack.com's "Top Ten Worst Fighting Games ever", saying, "Everything about this game, reeks of poo. Smelly, smelly poo." Shaqfu.com is dedicated to destroying every copy of Shaq Fu by buying the game from anyone who owns it.

#4 Superman 64
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The infamous Superman 64 makes it's way at #4 of the worst games of all time. But what is it that makes it so bad actually? Is it the ridicules plot? The overly sensitive flight mechanics? The polygonal visuals? Perhaps what makes this game so bad is how disappointing it is. I mean a game based around Superman is a great concept. But instead of lifting cars, stopping criminals and doing other fun things the game centers around Superman performing boring repetitive tasks in a poorly designed virtual environment. Tasks such as flying through rings and completing puzzle obstacles. This game was rated as the 7th worst game of all-time in a list created by Sean Reiley in Electronic Gaming Monthly. It also ranked 2nd on G4's Filter in its top 10 worst games of the '90s. Nintendo Power magazine rated it as the worst game on a Nintendo system. On MTV's Gamer's 2.0, it was rated the #1 worst game of 1999. The game also topped GameSpy's list of the ten worst comic book based video games, as compiled by journalist David Chapman. On GameTrailers, it was ranked #1 as the worst game of all time. IGN reviewer Matt Casamassina gave it a 3.4, and called it "a huge, whopping disappointment" which "is so all-around poorly executed that it's downright offending to people like myself who have enjoyed the comic books, movies, television shows and more based upon the American icon." Gamespot gave the game a score of 1.3, making it the fourth lowest rated game by Gamespot, declaring that "It serves no purpose other than to firmly establish the bottom of the barrel".

# 3 E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial

The goal of the game is to fall into holes in order to find phone pieces to assemble so that ET can return home. With few exceptions, critics and gamers alike feel that it was a poorly produced and rushed game that Atari thought would sell purely based on brand loyalty to the names of Atari and ET. ET was a contributing factor to Atari's massive financial losses during 1983 and 1984, and a glut of unsold copies of the game helped contribute to the video game crash of 1983. As a result of overproduction, hundreds of thousands of unsold cartridges were buried in a New Mexico landfill. the game version of ET has been almost universally panned by critics and is one of the most commonly chosen candidates for worst video game of all time. Seanbaby ranked it #1 in a list of the 20 worst games of all time in Electronic Gaming Monthly's 150th issue. Michael Dolan, deputy editor of FHM magazine, has also ranked it as his pick for the #1 worst video game of all time. PC World also placed ET at the top of its list of worst video games of all time, with writer Emru Townsend noting that, "About a third of the people I quizzed came up with this title almost instantly, and it's not hard to see why."

# 2 Pokemon Jade/Diamond

I don't know where to begin with this game it's just SO AWFUL! Everyone who reads this simply must play this game just to understand it's TERRIBLENESS! Pokemon Diamond for the gameboy color was a bootleg Pokemon game. This game was actually the translated version of a mediocre Japanese game Keitai Denjuu Telefang. The game focuses around a kid who wants to become the greatest Pokemon battler. Despite being a bad Pokemon rip off, there are several differences between this games and the Pokemon series. For example the Pokemon in this game talk. And instead of capturing them in a Pokeball, you beat them up and force them to give you their cell phone number (I really wish I was kidding). sad You can use this number to call them and summon them into battle. In order to evolve them you must fuse them with weapons such as flamethrowers and m16s. There is also an extensive amount of swearing. It's a deplorable game with no redeeming value what so ever. It is an insult to Pokemon and video games in general.

#1 The Legend of Zelda CD-I Games

This is without a doubt the worst series ever made. Due to it's horrible gameplay, slobby controls and awful cutscenes. But don't take my word for it, check it out yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNpLXo55yfw

And that's not even the worst of it. In other cutscenes Link spits out some of the worst lines of dialogue ever written. Lines such as "I can't wait to bomb some dodongos". Nintendo rarely acknowledges the series existence, even practically erasing them from history in a statement connected to The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition, and the games are a source of ridicule by many reviewers.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:33 pm
still #1 does make great YTPs rolleyes  

DocShado

Zapatorf
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:07 pm
I'm going to argue Superman. I found it very fun when I was a kid. Of course, I'm not a fan of comics, so no doubt it was a disappointment to anyone who read them as it didn't really fit with them.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:43 pm
Oh God,how I remember that ET game....I never played it but I saw the screenshots on a feature on Gamesradar.....Actually,I might have some pics.....Gimme a sec....

Ummm....Nope,couldn't find the feature. sweatdrop
They probably burned it.
You got stuck in the hole and had to STRETCH ET's neck up to get him out.....Ugh*shivers*  

Fairy Alchemist 96

Moleje

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:42 pm
These are definetly some of the worst Nintendo games of all time.

They will be avoided oh the pain of thinking of being made to play them.

I am fortunate not to have played many bad games from Nintendo and I thank my lucky stars for that.

I did not like Zelda 2 as a mention for an addition, I do not like it at all especially when I compare it to all the other Zelda titles, but it's not the worst maybe #10 hehehe.

I have never heard of Link The Faces of Evil I will have to check out your link.

Did the cover of the game have the Nintendo Seal anywhere on it, or because it was not a Nintedo council game that it does not?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:27 pm
Moleje

I am fortunate not to have played many bad games from Nintendo and I thank my lucky stars for that.

I did not like Zelda 2 as a mention for an addition, I do not like it at all especially when I compare it to all the other Zelda titles, but it's not the worst maybe #10 hehehe.

I have never heard of Link The Faces of Evil I will have to check out your link.

Did the cover of the game have the Nintendo Seal anywhere on it, or because it was not a Nintedo council game that it does not?

Legend of Zelda 2 wasn't all that bad. It was kinda good better than most games on the NES. It was VERY different but overall I enjoyed it. I mean you got to transform into a fairy! That's like the coolest thing ever! mrgreen

Nope Link: Faces of Evil didn't have the Nintendo seals of approval on it. As you probably already know in the early to mid 90s Nintendo and Sega were fighting for videogame dominance. Sega was a large threat to Nintendo, the Genesis outsold the Super Nintendo in North America. Many people felt that Sega would eventually gain the upperhand in the world wide console wars. Sega in an attempt to raise sells released the Sega CD which allowed CD games to be played on the Genesis. The product was pretty much a complete failure but this didn't stop Nintendo from trying to replicate it. They saw the potential in switching to a CD format. The new format offered so much more memory, allowing for better music quality and animated cutscenes. So in a desperate attempt to one up Sega, Nintendo contacted Sony to design a CD attachment for the SNES. Nintendo and Sony had a good relationship with one another, Sony actually designed the audio technology used in the SNES. Production of the device was quick and in no time it was practically finished. But it was never released due to legal issues. Sony demanded use of the Nintendo copyrighted characters and Nintendo was unwilling to allow this. Fearing the worst Nintendo stopped development of the CD attachment and partnered with Phillips to make a new CD attachment for the SNES. This made Sony really mad and after a few tweaks to the CD attachment they created what's known as the Playstation but that's a story for another day. wink The Phillip's CD attachment never made it past production for several different reasons. But in the process of development Phillips some how acquired temporary rights to Nintendo's copyrighted characters. And released several horrible games on their own system the Phillip's CDI featuring Nintendo characters. Link: The Faces of Evil, Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon and Hotel Mario are some games developed by Phillips. Fortunately, Phillips contract expired and they no longer own any right to any Nintendo characters.

The_Original_Chaplin

-S t o o p i d i t y- XD

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:45 pm
Shado-of-da-thunder
still #1 does make great YTPs rolleyes

Lol agree'd  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:42 am
Koopa72
Moleje

Legend of Zelda 2 wasn't all that bad. It was kinda good better than most games on the NES. It was VERY different but overall I enjoyed it. I mean you got to transform into a fairy! That's like the coolest thing ever! mrgreen

Nope Link: Faces of Evil didn't have the Nintendo seals of approval on it. As you probably already know in the early to mid 90s Nintendo and Sega were fighting for videogame dominance. Sega was a large threat to Nintendo, the Genesis outsold the Super Nintendo in North America. Many people felt that Sega would eventually gain the upperhand in the world wide console wars. Sega in an attempt to raise sells released the Sega CD which allowed CD games to be played on the Genesis. The product was pretty much a complete failure but this didn't stop Nintendo from trying to replicate it. They saw the potential in switching to a CD format. The new format offered so much more memory, allowing for better music quality and animated cutscenes. So in a desperate attempt to one up Sega, Nintendo contacted Sony to design a CD attachment for the SNES. Nintendo and Sony had a good relationship with one another, Sony actually designed the audio technology used in the SNES. Production of the device was quick and in no time it was practically finished. But it was never released due to legal issues. Sony demanded use of the Nintendo copyrighted characters and Nintendo was unwilling to allow this. Fearing the worst Nintendo stopped development of the CD attachment and partnered with Phillips to make a new CD attachment for the SNES. This made Sony really mad and after a few tweaks to the CD attachment they created what's known as the Playstation but that's a story for another day. wink The Phillip's CD attachment never made it past production for several different reasons. But in the process of development Phillips some how acquired temporary rights to Nintendo's copyrighted characters. And released several horrible games on their own system the Phillip's CDI featuring Nintendo characters. Link: The Faces of Evil, Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon and Hotel Mario are some games developed by Phillips. Fortunately, Phillips contract expired and they no longer own any right to any Nintendo characters.

I think I told that story before,but I forget which thread. sweatdrop  

Fairy Alchemist 96

Videogame Related Talk [Talk about video games]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces