Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
Star Trek Addressed issues

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dunedien

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:12 pm
I was thinking we should compile a list of and discuss issues that Star Trek adresses.
1:gay rights
2: racism
3: sexism
4: law vs. morality
5: developement/ research vs. ethics  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:42 pm
They should all be burned out of the minds of everyone. Their wrong!!!!  

The Angry Therapist

Dunedien

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:10 pm
platsdevil
They should all be burned out of the minds of everyone. Their wrong!!!!

What you just said makes absolutely no sense to me, could you please specify what "they" is and who "their" is?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:59 pm
=) Never mind. All I'm sayin is that the problems are there, but most people do tend to ingore them... biggrin  

The Angry Therapist

Dunedien

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:47 pm
Actually, I think they are what make Star Trek. They are my favorite part of the show. To me these themes are what seperate Star Trek from almost every other scifi or even TV series.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:45 am
I agree. Many people just see the uniforms and the aliens and think, "What crap is this?" but actually Star Trek is a show that makes you think about society, psychology, science,.... biggrin  

Leila Amra Drake

The Angry Therapist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:48 pm
It's very true. I watch a lot of deep space nine, and it shows poverty and war a lot.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:08 pm
Dunedien
I was thinking we should compile a list of and discuss issues that Star Trek adresses.
1:gay rights
2: racism
3: sexism
4: law vs. morality
5: developement/ research vs. ethics

Dont forget that they also got into how to work out an argument besides just shooting and killing.  

vegito61283

Tohru-licious

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:58 pm
one of my favorite episodes was shen they did the black and white sided aliens. I mean it played out perfectly my increduality about racism.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:57 pm
Tohru-licious
one of my favorite episodes was shen they did the black and white sided aliens. I mean it played out perfectly my increduality about racism.

That was exactly what that episode was supposed to show. Just because their colors were opposite, they were still the same. But due to the opposite colors, they were very hostile to each other.  

vegito61283

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:41 pm
Yeah, Star Trek did break down a lot of stereotypes! Like for example, people back then thought that Asians were bad drivers, but Sulu drove the ship and there never was a single driving accident (not that I know of)!  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games