Submit

Is motoring for you?
  yes
  I couldnt care less.
  no
View Results

the_underworks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:45 am
I am personally a big motoring enthusiast. I was just wondering if there was anybody who shared the same passion for motoring.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Get a load of this though, I'd personally ride that every day if i could. Just without all the chrome, flashy disco junk and added a proprer flat black paint job.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:11 am
I like the DRAG-U-LA and Munster Koach. xd  

vincejustvince

the_underworks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:39 am
Personally to me its just a showpiece. I'm sure that even it this thing would have a nitroglycerin powerhouse under the hood, it would be slower than a well thought out lightweight car (in a straight line that is, around the bends it would get mashed by any old mini van probably XD). But I cannot deny the fact that if this were given to me, I would skulk around with it from day on end terrorizing old grannies and ugly ricers.

But yeah... still a useless showpiece.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:17 pm
While you say it's a useless showpiece, but if you look at the blower on top, that things is pushing enough power to get from point a to point b a LOT faster than you're giving it credit for. It could easily be pushing 600hp+ and could easily get a 13 second or less on a 1/4 mile. So it's a pretty fast showpiece.

Yes, I'm interested in show cars, drag cars, broken cars, and old cars.
Friends and I rebuild whatever we can find. Currently considering a Datsun 280Z. I'm currently working a Jeep Grand Wagoneer.

Found a Oldsmobile Hearse that I might pick up, it's got a 455 with a nearly perfect body. Always wanted to turn one into a drag car.  

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

the_underworks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:56 pm
Chav.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:28 pm
Being a native Detroit'er, it's mandatory for me to have an opinion on cars. You will be shot for not having an opinion. Statistically speaking, you'll probably be shot one way or another, but not having an opinion on cars in Detroit is person.

My love for cars primarily goes in two directions. I say "primarily" for a reason: while I'm not a "car person" there are a large number of cars that I like, just some that I prefer over others. Hot rods, for example, I generically like but I don't like enough to to consider one of my favorite categories. Likewise, I love a lot of the little city-bopper cars. I myself drive a Honda Civic. I like the Fit, I like the Yaris, I like the Smart Cars. But I wouldn't consider these hobby cars for specific admiration.

Probably my main love in cars are long, elegant vehicles of pre-WWII splendor. Or modern vehicles that replicate the feel. One such modern car is the sumptuous Wiesmann GT, a seemingly unheard-of car from a small German producer. The Weisman brothers have been producing cars since 1993, but this little coupe is testament to some brilliant minds. The GT will top out at about 175 mph standard, and can hit 60 in just about four-and-one-half seconds. The classy as hell interior and classic exterior is something to smile about too. An older car with an unbeatable legacy (and an unbelievable exterior) is the 1925 "Round Door" Rolls Royce Phantom. Named for it's unusual, Hobbit-esque round-door, this car is slick as ice and almost too beautiful to describe. It really should just be seen.

Being a Detroit'er, I'm also a fan of muscle cars. The Charger is my favorite muscle car, especially from 1966-1969. The 1964 is a charming vehicle, and the 1965 shows some progress, but that four-year span of 66-69 is just gorgeous. 1970 onward doesn't impress me much, but the newest designs (2007 ->) are admirable. I'm the rare muscle car fan who isn't all too floored by classic Mustangs, much as I like them, my second favorite muscle car is the Camaro, especially between 1964-1968. Past that and I'm not too hot on the name, but it was a damn handsome car.  

GilAskan
Crew

~ Main Forum ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces