[[ insert poll-whore option here ]]
View Results

Sadistic Rainbows

1,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:47 pm
I give freebies. Never settling for anything else. :] Give me advice? I'm still a beginner, after all! emo

Rate and comment them? D:

Cuppy-kun

Balloon_Rapist

How Things Should Be in Life

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:33 am
Draw slowly, don't rush what you're doing. Practice drawing the outlines of things, do some contour drawings. Get a bowl of fruit or some toys out, anything, put them infront of you, and draw their outlines as exactly as you can. Just as you see them. Do it slowly and pay attention to the lines, the curves, how things are structured, where the lines go and join and seperate. Draw them from different angles too. Sit and draw the outlines and get framiliar with them, and if you practice, you'll get better at being able to draw things as you see them. It will help you. smile

Also be aware that blank space can create shapes too. If I draw a circle on a paper, there is a circle there, right? But there is also a sqaure with a circular shaped hole in the center (the paper!) smile It's not just the positive shape you have to be aware of, but the negative one too. (Just thought I should mention that. *shrug*)

Look at people and notice how they're structered. Not just like "okay they have eyes and arms and noses", but how those eyes and arms and noses are structured. Look at the lines that shape them, their shape, and how they relate to other parts of the body and where they are.

Look at light and shadow. Put a ball on your desk, and shine a light on it. Notice where the light and shadows are on that ball. Then change the position of the light. Notice how the position of the shadow/light spots change. Put some different things under light at different angles and figure out how light works. Draw some things under different lit angles and see how they change depending on where the light is. Learn the ways of the force the light. Look at people's clothes and see where the light hits them and makes them lighter or darker. Maybe someone's pants are lighter on the top of their leg and darker on the inside in a certian enviornment? Maybe the light in illuminating someone's cheekbones, forehead, and the top of their nose and the rest of their face is darker? Maybe light is shining on an open book and parts of the pages are darker and other parts are lighter? Look at things, notice things. smile

Learn how to see things, learn how to see shapes. Learn how to draw these shapes from the angle you see them in.

....above all things, go slowly. Don't expect any miracles to spring out of your pen just yet. Don't be hasty. Draw what you see, no matter how long it takes you. Don't be dicouraged, everyone's gotta start somewhere. wink Remember that, okay? I've been drawing since Kindergarten, and I've saved a lot of my stuff. I can see how I would gradually get better. Even from last year, I got better. Keep what you draw so you can see your progress, because no matter how small your progress may seem at first, it's progress. wink

Good luck. smile  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Art / Poetry / Literature - Related Topics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas