Reply An Anime Addict's Guild

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is Avatar an anime?
  Yus
  Nu
  OMG YES IT'S SO AMAZING I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT!!!! (me: okay, dude, settle down...)
  Was it made in Japan? NO! So it's not an anime, it's a cheap imitation that needs to BURRRNNNN~~!!! (me: *backs away* um... o..kay, then ^^; *coughPURISTcough*)
View Results

Jashin-has-judged-you

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:47 pm
User Image

So, the creators of Avatar took a large amount of their inspiration from Japanese film and animation, as well as Eastern culture in general.

Does it qualify as an anime? Or not so much?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:53 pm
Personally, I think Avatar CAN be considered an anime because anime simply means japanese comics/cartoons that ORIGINATEs in Japan, doesn't neccesarily meaning it has to be japanese. I mean, some of the styles of Avatar is a lot like anime and it's basically an American version of it.  

Kingkong541

Darth_Magus1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:41 am
yep, definitely an anime style show, also the content was more adult than for children.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:14 pm
I've always considered most american cartooning to be lacking in art, detail, and story. Avatar is probably the only american cartoon that can match anime in any respect. So sure, I think Avatar has earned the right to be considered anime.  

PhadeKnight

Robiroth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:17 am
I don't watch it, but I've heard good things.  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games