Welcome to Gaia! ::

|Under Re-Construction|

Back to Guilds

Tags: Role Play, Fantasy 

Reply Fantasy Role Plays
The Game: An Experimental Roleplay (Under Construction)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ikken Isshu

Shirtless Vampire

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:04 pm
Under Construction - But please feel free to look around.
I promise I'm still working on this, even if it seems to just be sitting here. ninja

Teh Progress So Far
Having some difficulty adapting the storyline to a more multiplayer RP. Worried about lack of potential epicness since storyline-shattering romance and epic one-on-one conflict is more difficult to have with more people involved.

The mechanics might also need some reworking; it was okay for only two people to have incredible powers in the real world, but when you start adding more than two players, things might get out of hand. Working on this problem ATM.

I think this concept would probably be better suited to a novel than a roleplay, but I want to try it anyway. The original concept involves only two main characters (and a romance between them, but we won't get into that), but for the purposes of this roleplay, we can have as many as want to join. Ideally, I don't want more than three or four players, because I don't think this roleplay has a large enough scale to support so many characters.

ANYWAY, now that I've confused you, it's time to really strike the killing blow.

The basic premise of this roleplay is fairly simple, but will get more complex as the story progresses. Please read on.

User Image

You wake up in the morning. The world is as it has been for as long as you can remember: methodical, complex, material. It is a system of actions and reactions and interactions governed by a list of rules so long you couldn't begin to remember them all. Physics. Sociology. Ethics. Common law. Self-interest. An infinitude of frameworks that define the world you live in, covering every single permutation of possibilities that could ever occur.

This morning, though, there is one major difference. You have become a player in a very unusual game. What does that mean? Simple: You possess the power to change any rule you want. The catch? So do all the other players. And no matter how many rules you change, there is only one way to win this game.

Defeat every other player, by whatever means necessary.

Welcome to the Game.

~

The Rules of the Roleplay

1) First and foremost, follow the Gaia ToS. I will not take responsibility for anything that may or may not happen if you break them.
2) Follow the rules of the Guild. I will let the Crew take care of this one if they wish to do so.
3) Respect other players. No flaming or OOC fighting will be tolerated. IC fighting is to be expected, but should be conducted with maturity.
4) Be as literate as possible, and please at least try to follow proper grammar and spelling conventions. No one is going to harass you about your grammar, least of all me, but please try to keep it to a respectable level.
5) I reserve the right to add/change/remove any rules at any time, and I will give appropriate notice if doing so.

~

The Rules of the Game

These rules are the IC rules of the Game, and they will most likely be at least mentioned IC. However, for posterity, they are listed here.

1) No player may make/change a rule that will directly and expressly affect another player. (This basically means that the rule can't be about that player. You can make a tree fall on another player or make a bus crash into them, but you can't set them on fire or change them into a turd. You have to fight them indirectly if you wish to attack them by changing rules.)
2) No player may make/change a rule that will undo/change a rule that was made/changed by another player.

These rules may be edited or added to in the future. If this is done, I will give appropriate notice.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:05 pm
Post Reserved for Major Character List

Ikken Isshu

Shirtless Vampire

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Ikken Isshu

Shirtless Vampire

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200