Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
I don't think i can handle this anymore.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mrs Scolex

4,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:09 am
Lets cut the life story in half and just get to the point. I lack certain experience. Such as 1. Sex, 2. living on my own. I get treated like im some sort of an idiot in my house like i cant process thought and or if i can handle things on my own no one gives me a chance to even TRY! im 20 years old and i get treated like a freaking 15 year old. I'm about to burst. Every one laughs at me and never takes me seriously. ;~; Which this is all not a big helper with my weight loss with everyone telling me how fat i am and then my own father pounding it in my head "LIZ YOU'RE FAT WORK OUT, SWEAT, GET SKINNY!" I don't know how much longer i can do this...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:38 am
Yeah, it could just be that he's stupid like my father and thinks that's going to help you. Yes. Dads are often pretty dumb.

Families are also often stupid. And many times cannot grasp that you can do things on your own and don't realize that they're not giving you respect because they've never realized that you're capable of it.

I moved out to get this stuff, perhaps you should too. There are lots of ways to do this, look up resorts near by, like... they could be an hour or four away from your home and see if they have on site accommodations for staff. That's what I did.

At seventeen I left home and started working at a wilderness resort. Yes, the staff accommodations were practically up a mountain, and the food was sometimes not the best, but it was a degree of independence that I hadn't had, and what's more is that I didn't have to deal with my younger brother or my father. It's a great first step of moving out.  

Lady Schist

Starlurk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:46 am
*hugs*

I'm sorry things are going like that for you >_< My dad does the same thing to my mom.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:43 pm
Starlurk
*hugs*

I'm sorry things are going like that for you >_< My dad does the same thing to my mom.

Aww, thank you for you're responses!  

Mrs Scolex

4,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Generous 100

Soi Tsuba

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:35 pm
Trust me, my mom has a good 80 ~ 100 lbs on me and still calls me fat. She likes to take her frustration out on me.

So I moved 5 hrs away.

Let me tell you it was amazing~!

((I recently moved back though do to certain circumstances ))  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:42 am
I've found that my parents after I moved out still tried to treat me the way they did when I lived there, it took a few good talks to get them to stop.  

Lady Schist

Moonecho

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:52 am
Most parents do that, and I've come to think it's because they don't want you to move out. Of course it's always different per parent, but a lot of parents are mean/tease because they want you to be insecure, still need them, stay home and be safe. Sounds way weird but I guess I won't know either until I'm a mom at that point.

My advice is to tough it out, and if you really think you can move out, do it. It'd be a good experience for you I think. But in these economic times (probably sounding like a parent now sorry xD) it might be better to wait out the storm, and know that you're better than that. ):

If you need to talk or anything let me know, I'm here for you <333

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:37 pm
Mrs Scolex
Lets cut the life story in half and just get to the point. I lack certain experience. Such as 1. Sex, 2. living on my own. I get treated like im some sort of an idiot in my house like i cant process thought and or if i can handle things on my own no one gives me a chance to even TRY! im 20 years old and i get treated like a freaking 15 year old. I'm about to burst. Every one laughs at me and never takes me seriously. ;~; Which this is all not a big helper with my weight loss with everyone telling me how fat i am and then my own father pounding it in my head "LIZ YOU'RE FAT WORK OUT, SWEAT, GET SKINNY!" I don't know how much longer i can do this...

I'm sorry this is happening honey. I have sort of the same thing going on. My Dad's house is calorie central. They're concerned that i'm not eating enough and pump the food into me, and at my moms I'm condemned for my love handles. I'm a student too, I have barely any time to exercise... It just feels like a really bad time to try and change your life.  

Sell Out Kid

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games