Bob Dylan

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

practicallyzen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:26 am
So. Bob Dylan!

Why do you like him (or why don't you?) and anything else about him you want to talk about.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:56 pm
I loved how he was so out there with his music. Even HE didn't know what "All Along the Watchtower" was about! XD  

Fyre in teh Hoal

Liebe Thelema

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:10 pm
I wish I listened to more Dylan, too. I think he has a really unique voice, and a lot of interesting ideas in his music.
One thing I know about him: he was born in Hibbing, Minnesota. Haha.
I have to say, though, I like Jimi Hendrix's version of "All Along the Watchtower" better than the original.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:52 pm
Yeah, I wish I'd discovered his music earlier, honestly. I find that my liking for it increases more and more with each listen. But while my parents were fans of my other favourites and are therefore responsible for exposing me to them - I barely listened to any kids' music when I was little, it was all Elton John and The Eagles and The Traveling Wilburys - they never really liked Bob Dylan. So I'd never really heard any of his stuff (outside the Wilburys ;P ) until somewhat recently. I really love his lyrics.

I also wish I'd been able to afford tickets when he came to my city a couple months back. gonk  

practicallyzen

I_luv_Beatles

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:42 pm
A good movie on him is "No Direction Home" it's like five or six hours long  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:47 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_1fovp8TYY  

I_luv_Beatles

Cr4shley
Crew

Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:27 am

I'm a big Dylan fan, but never tried to find out much about him as a person.
No Direction Home is great though.
Are the Chronicles a good read? I was thinking about it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:18 am
The Chronicles are...interesting. I mean, the book is definitely worth reading, but it jumps around a lot. So I found sometimes it took some effort to focus on it long enough to read the whole thing (though maybe that's just me). I would recommend reading it once, anyway.  

practicallyzen

Cr4shley
Crew

Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:04 am
So Static
The Chronicles are...interesting. I mean, the book is definitely worth reading, but it jumps around a lot. So I found sometimes it took some effort to focus on it long enough to read the whole thing (though maybe that's just me). I would recommend reading it once, anyway.

Good deal. I'll have to look into it. Thank.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:41 pm
I saw this thread and my heart nearly stopped.
I've been listening to Bob Dylan since late September. I started listening to him because I saw a picture of him and I thought he was really hot. But in this short time, he's become so much more than a good-looking musician. Bob has changed my perspective on pretty much everything. There are so many things that a few months ago I would've thought differently about. Bob Dylan means a lot to me. You think that I'm just another fangirl? Well yes, technically I am. But that's not all of what's to it. The man is incredibly important to me. He's taught me so much more than anybody ever has or ever will. He's my hero, he's my prophet, he's my savior...he's almost like a God to me. Everything he does or says speaks to me so much. I love the man. I don't really know what else to say. But yeah. I'm not just some girl who thinks he's hot and has good music. He means so much more to me than you could ever imagine.

Medazzaland

Other 60s Bands/Singers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff