Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Major Arcana: The Sun

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GFSummoner

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:01 pm
Can anyone shed some light on The Sun of the Major Arcana? What it implies? Are there any negative connotations or warnings associated with it? I'm using the Rider-Waite deck.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:39 am
The website Aeclectic Tarot often helps me figure out cards I'm having trouble parsing. Here is their Sun write-up, and the reversed.

Does your deck come with a booklet of words and phrases associated with the cards, or explanations of their meanings? Some decks have really elaborate explanations of the symbology and meaning (my Sacred Circle deck has a real book, not just a booklet), while others only have a sketch of the meaning and expect you to figure out the rest yourself given the symbols and the rest of the spread.

The Sun seems to be one of those "really good" cards (unless reversed)--has anyone ever found it indicating something more along the lines of Icarus' "got too close and got burned"? Maybe if you got an upright Sun in a slot indicating obstacles...  

TheDisreputableDog

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:43 pm
Also- what style of reading are you doing? What format if you will- because that can make a difference.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:14 pm
Thanks, I'll check out that site

I'm just reflecting and researching that particular card.  

GFSummoner

Newbie Noob

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces