Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:11 pm
Yayoi Sanzein
Curse of the Phoneix
I agree he pushed a bit hard in his first post but he pushed hard enough to get through what is needed to get through (at least for me)

First of all, Im a girl, but thanks for the back up.
Second,
Ixor-san
One reason people think badly of us is because we come across as pushy. Which is why we shouldn't. It's not being complacent, it's being prudent so that we don't turn a person off of our message before we're even finished talking. In you're first post, you made an acusation that we, in this guild, are guilty of complacency. But what do you know about what we do when we are afk? Some of us are very involved in the cause. And blaming the state of the world on those that could stand to be moreso really doesn't tend to inspire. It just makes people feel a bit worthless and want to go crawl even further into their hole. Not to mention, is a little bit unfair and un-called for.

Like I said, if you do those things better than myself, please help me! But it was more than a call about witnessing, which I greatly applaud you for if you do, but just the engeneral concept of Christianity. Spending time with our Lord and living like He did and expects us to. I find that that is THE HARDEST for me to do. I am no more accusing everyone else of this than myself. But i just am tired of when people hear the word Christian, or they ask you if you are one and you say yes, they cringe. That is so sad. They should want to know what's different about us, and should see it. But it's our (MY) own fault they don't.
Well, all your posts after the original one were much less...inflaming...and much more inspiring if that helps.

I don't know that i can say I do any 'better' than anyone else. My temper gets the best of me, too, sometimes. I try not to let it, though, especially when dealing with people I really want to help. And if I feel riled up, I usually wait until I'm calmer to say anything so I can consider my words more carefully.

That would be the problem with being too zealous. We kinda tend to lose track of ourselves and what we're saying and really don't think before we speak. I'm sure we all know how badly that can end... sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:56 am
I understand where you are coming from. and you are right about the whol thing with the temper, but... I am just so ashamed of what we have become, I have become. If only we would just step up. for instance: A friend of mine who happens to be Gay made out with his 'boyfriend' in front of me, knowing that I don't like that. But then God smacked me in the face and said to me that that's what this has come down to. My friend claims to know the Lord, but being that way I don't think he does, but that's not my place to judge. The point I'm trying to make is that his lost friends... they see that. They see that and ask what makes them so different from christians, they do the same stuff. They are so confused with people claiming the name of Christ but don't really know Him. And those of us who do... don't stand up and SHOW them who He really is... I dunno....  

Arroe Kitsu

Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:55 pm
That's a good question. What does make us any different? does being a Christian mean sinning any less than anyone else? No. We're just as human and we're going to keep failing. Not that it isn't worth trying not to but if we are expecting that to be the difference, we're never going to set any kind of good example. It's impossible. It is only by faith in Christ that we are saved. And we are to show that same love to others. You almost sound as though you are condemning your friend. It's cool that you said something to him and that he knows how you feel about it, but the rest is between him and God and you really can't make any assumptions about that relationship.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:56 pm
Yayoi Sanzein
My friend claims to know the Lord, but being that way I don't think he does, but that's not my place to judge.
i guess you didn't read this part huh, but i get what your saying, and I think you get me. But that's till no reason to be complacent, I mean, come on...  

Arroe Kitsu

Mein Kulturkampf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:51 am
Yayoi Sanzein
WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAke up beloved!!!! It's time to rise and go into the nation and to all peoples and tell of what Christ has done in our lives. I am Deeply saddened by the state of this guild. We should be the ones to Rattle gaia and the nation and all the world!!!

Humility.

Quote:
But no. We choose to sit on our behinds and let it crumble beneath us because we are all too occupied with all the crap that consumes our time! IT WILL FADE!!!@!!!!!!!! Don't we get it?!!! When was the last time we woke up and spent time with our God? Actual Time in His word and in Prayer?!! When was the last time we wept over our lost friends and family? When was the last time we just went out and told our friends what God has done in our lives; how he changed us?! What are we waiting on? NOW is the time to rise.

lrn2humility.

Quote:
I am sick of trying to please men!

Then go straight?

Quote:
I am sick of trying to strive to the standards of this world only to fall flat on our faces! I am SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop clinging to your stuff, stop living in Debauchary, STOP LIVING LIKE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( 1 john 2:15-17)

Yay for apathy. neutral

Quote:
You know something, it is a sad day when there is only a five percent difference between the lost person and the 'churched beleiver'. 5%!!!!!!

It's sad when people make up bullshit statistics, too.

Quote:
What the heck!! What Have I been doing all these years?!!!! We have to stop letting them shut us up and pray and seek after our GOD! HE is the same GOd as he Is in the Bible. The same God who lit the drenched alter to oblivion, deliverd His people from slavery, DIED FOR US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
We are no longer slave to sin but to righteousness (ROMANS 6:1 cool !

In context, of course, this verse implies that we are bound by every rule in the Bible and to think for ourselves means death. 3nodding

Quote:
So what are we doing?! That doesn't mean we have to be in yo face, you going to hell, screaming at them. But to lovingly show them who He is. Tell them there is hope in a hopless world. SHOW THEM THE REAL CHRIST! Not let his fire dissipate.

You know you can best do this by acting like Christ, not preaching Christ, right?

Quote:
Beloved... who are we if not for Him.

Pieces of self-aware carbon that believe in a non-existent deity?

Quote:
Don't forget where He delivered us from. It's time to put away the things that hinder us, that take away His Glory and be that " CHOSEN RACE, A royal PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR God's OWN POSSESSION, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light!!!!!! 1 Peter 2:9

The concept of a holy nation or royal priesthood, post-christ, is inherently nationalistic and therefore hateful to God, as it implies an attachment for a material place or political hierachy.

Quote:
OMB!!!!! ( Oh MY BHUDDA) HOW AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

If you're going to take the Lord's name in vain, you might as well do it right out. It's intentions, not words, that matter, after all.

Quote:
Beloved, pray for our nation, pray for our people, pray that our God From heaven will come down!

You are aware that praying for the second coming is condemning billions of (according to you) unbelievers to hell, right?

Of course, that's ignoring that petitionary prayer runs directly contradictory to the idea of an omniscient God.

Quote:
One day Every tounge WILL CONFESS, and Every KNEE WILL BOW! Let's make that today, so that when He comes Home, the lost will be few, and His Kingdom many. Pray for challenges and suffering, because if we aren't being attacked, we aren't doing it right!

I've never gotten why the Bible says being offensive will win people over. It seems inherently illogical, given the parallel doctrine of living with grace.

Quote:
LISTEN TO ME!!!! IT'S NOW OR NEVER. EITHER STEP UP, OR SHUT UP! STOP GIVING HIS PEOPLE A BAD REP AND LIVE LIKE PAUL, LIVE LIKE THE DISCIPLES, LIVE LIKE CHRIST!!!!!!!! Blood Bought and bullet proof baby!!!!

Neither, actually. But if you want to play with guns, go right ahead. The godless heathen gene pool will almost certainly be the better off for it.

Quote:
If you have scincere questions about what I've said, concerns, prayer requets, PM me. I will listen. BUt if you want to bad talk what I've said, then Don't, I WILL BLOCK YOU!!

I quake in fear.

Quote:
I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR WHINERS!!! Bless you all, and praying for gaia,and let us live up to our name. Let's be UNASHAMED!!!!

I am an unashamed atheist who knows more about your religion than you do, and isn't afraid to turn its internal discrepancies against you.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:54 am
Mein Kulturkampf
Yayoi Sanzein
WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAke up beloved!!!! It's time to rise and go into the nation and to all peoples and tell of what Christ has done in our lives. I am Deeply saddened by the state of this guild. We should be the ones to Rattle gaia and the nation and all the world!!!

Humility.

What about this is prideful?

Mein Kulturkampf
Yayoi Sanzein
But no. We choose to sit on our behinds and let it crumble beneath us because we are all too occupied with all the crap that consumes our time! IT WILL FADE!!!@!!!!!!!! Don't we get it?!!! When was the last time we woke up and spent time with our God? Actual Time in His word and in Prayer?!! When was the last time we wept over our lost friends and family? When was the last time we just went out and told our friends what God has done in our lives; how he changed us?! What are we waiting on? NOW is the time to rise.

lrn2humility.

Again, what about this is prideful?

Main Kulturkampf
Yayoi Sanzein
I am sick of trying to please men!

Then go straight?

Poor time for a joke (she's a girl, by the way). Read the following section.

Mein Kulturkampf
Yayoi Sanzein
I am sick of trying to strive to the standards of this world only to fall flat on our faces! I am SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop clinging to your stuff, stop living in Debauchary, STOP LIVING LIKE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( 1 john 2:15-17)

Yay for apathy. neutral

You don't care that the world chews people up and spits them out? That there is such injustice in people's standards that certain people are not acceptable?

Mein Kulturkampf
Yayoi Sanzein
You know something, it is a sad day when there is only a five percent difference between the lost person and the 'churched beleiver'. 5%!!!!!!

It's sad when people make up bullshit statistics, too.

I'm going to have to agree with you, here. Yayoi, please provide your sources if you are going to present statistics.

Mein Kulturkampf
Yayoi Sanzein
What the heck!! What Have I been doing all these years?!!!! We have to stop letting them shut us up and pray and seek after our GOD! HE is the same GOd as he Is in the Bible. The same God who lit the drenched alter to oblivion, deliverd His people from slavery, DIED FOR US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for that exercise in futility.

Mein Kulturkampf
Yayoi Sanzein
We are no longer slave to sin but to righteousness (ROMANS 6:1 cool !

In context, of course, this verse implies that we are bound by every rule in the Bible and to think for ourselves means death. 3nodding

This is misrepresentation and a lie. It would do you good to be corrected. The context in which this scripture is found is Paul's teaching in the second half of Romans 6 about the need for self-control despite being taught in the first half that sin has limits in its effects on the physical body.

Mein Kulturkampf
Yayoi Sanzein
So what are we doing?! That doesn't mean we have to be in yo face, you going to hell, screaming at them. But to lovingly show them who He is. Tell them there is hope in a hopless world. SHOW THEM THE REAL CHRIST! Not let his fire dissipate.

You know you can best do this by acting like Christ, not preaching Christ, right?

You're implying she's not motivated by the Spirit. I would like you to identify specifically the ways that she is not rather than make such a broad accusation.

Mein Kulturkampf
Yayoi Sanzein
Beloved... who are we if not for Him.

Pieces of self-aware carbon that believe in a non-existent deity?

If science was dead, I'm pretty sure it would be spinning in its grave right about now. Science disproves the existence of God as much as it proves the non-existence of God: very little to nothing.

Mein Kulturkampf
Yayoi Sanzein
Don't forget where He delivered us from. It's time to put away the things that hinder us, that take away His Glory and be that " CHOSEN RACE, A royal PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR God's OWN POSSESSION, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light!!!!!! 1 Peter 2:9

The concept of a holy nation or royal priesthood, post-christ, is inherently nationalistic and therefore hateful to God, as it implies an attachment for a material place or political hierachy.

If such things are hateful to God, why did Jesus make a point about the Kingdom and establishment of His church? Why did the same Spirit inspire the apostles and the epistles to shape the church into such a body? Your argument is flawed.

Mein Kulturkampf
Yayoi Sanzein
OMB!!!!! ( Oh MY BHUDDA) HOW AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

If you're going to take the Lord's name in vain, you might as well do it right out. It's intentions, not words, that matter, after all.

Except that it wouldn't be in vain.

Mein Kulturkampf
Yayoi Sanzein
Beloved, pray for our nation, pray for our people, pray that our God From heaven will come down!

You are aware that praying for the second coming is condemning billions of (according to you) unbelievers to hell, right?

Of course, that's ignoring that petitionary prayer runs directly contradictory to the idea of an omniscient God.

I really wish you would stop lying.

Mein Kulturkampf
Yayoi Sanzein
One day Every tounge WILL CONFESS, and Every KNEE WILL BOW! Let's make that today, so that when He comes Home, the lost will be few, and His Kingdom many. Pray for challenges and suffering, because if we aren't being attacked, we aren't doing it right!

I've never gotten why the Bible says being offensive will win people over. It seems inherently illogical, given the parallel doctrine of living with grace.

That's assuming the Bible message isn't at all naturally offensive to people. One can be as gracious as one likes and it will still rub people up the wrong way.

Mein Kulturkampf
Yayoi Sanzein
LISTEN TO ME!!!! IT'S NOW OR NEVER. EITHER STEP UP, OR SHUT UP! STOP GIVING HIS PEOPLE A BAD REP AND LIVE LIKE PAUL, LIVE LIKE THE DISCIPLES, LIVE LIKE CHRIST!!!!!!!! Blood Bought and bullet proof baby!!!!

Neither, actually. But if you want to play with guns, go right ahead. The godless heathen gene pool will almost certainly be the better off for it.

Expect a PM about comments like this...

Mein Kulturkampf
Yayoi Sanzein
If you have scincere questions about what I've said, concerns, prayer requets, PM me. I will listen. BUt if you want to bad talk what I've said, then Don't, I WILL BLOCK YOU!!

I quake in fear.

... and this.

Mein Kulturkampf
Yayoi Sanzein
I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR WHINERS!!! Bless you all, and praying for gaia,and let us live up to our name. Let's be UNASHAMED!!!!

I am an unashamed atheist who knows more about your religion than you do, and isn't afraid to turn its internal discrepancies against you.

I'd like to see you pull that trick against Jesus and lose. You need to take your own advice.  

Priestley

Thread Archive {Hot topics}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces