Back to Guilds

Tags: Christian, Discussion, Religion, Theology, Philosophy 

Reply Thread Archive {Hot topics}
FOCA: Freedom of Choice or A Radical Measure? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will FOCA Actually Take Away Religious And Pro-Life Americans' Right To Refuse Promoting Abortion?
Yes. No one should be forced to compromise their beliefs.
46%
 46%  [ 7 ]
No. It's just meant to give a woman more alternatives.
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
I'm Not Sure. I'll have to read more on it.
40%
 40%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 15

Mein Kulturkampf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:21 pm
Priestley
zz1000zz
Priestley
Mein Kulturkampf
Is there anything else to discuss in this topic that would be out of place in a standard abortion thread, or can it be safely locked?

It will remain open for discussion until such time that a month has passed without a reply, at which time it'll be locked. This is guild policy.

Of course, that assumes a month will pass without a reply..

Edit: In case anyone was wondering, Fushigi na Butterfly worked out our differences from this topic.

If it does, it does. If it doesn't, it doesn't. That's just what happens. I'm glad you two have reached an agreement. smile

Further to the topic of the thread, I think it's important to keep this post up for education purposes. Clearly, certain individuals haven't yet understood the message that the cause for which they are fighting is untrue.

Show how, if you're referring to me.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:10 pm
Mein Kulturkampf

Priestly was referring to those who oppose FOCA.  

zz1000zz
Crew

Priestley

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:50 pm
zz1000zz
Mein Kulturkampf

Priestl[e]y was referring to those who oppose FOCA.

Thank you.

Also, I think this thread should stay up regardless of whether FOCA is passed. Besides, Acts can be repealed [correct term?], can they not?

When the time comes that it's locked, it should be archived rather than deleted.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:00 am
As long as Barack Obama is president, FOCA would not be repealed. Honestly, I doubt it would be ever be repealed if it were passed.

And sorry about misspelling your name. I have been really bad about typos lately.  

zz1000zz
Crew

Priestley

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:57 am
zz1000zz
As long as Barack Obama is president, FOCA would not be repealed. Honestly, I doubt it would be ever be repealed if it were passed.

I was putting forward the question as to whether an act could be repealed, not necessarily that specific act. I realise it probably won't be repealed.

zz1000zz
And sorry about misspelling your name. I have been really bad about typos lately.

That's alright. It's nothing serious. If one's been aware for about 21 years of one's life that others have been spelling one's name wrong, it begins to grate. Saying that, though, it's easy to get my name mixed up with the adjective.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:19 am
Any law passed within the United States can be repealed, assuming there is enough support to do so. Repealing a law is basically the same as passing a law, as a second law is passed too repeal the first (in part, or in whole). The process follows the same as any other law, meaning it can take a simple majority, or a two-thirds support in Congress (to override a presidential veto). That said, repealing a law usually takes a lot more effort than making a new law due to the process being unpopular.

Oddly enough, I did not misspell your name due to confusion. I know how to spell it, and it was just a typo. The reason I did not notice it is probably because of the adjective.  

zz1000zz
Crew

Thread Archive {Hot topics}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas