Welcome to Gaia! ::

Writer's Fiction Guild

Back to Guilds

I know its title is writing, but we also offer art and videos. All forms of creativity welcome. 

Reply Serials
Detective R: Beginnings

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BB Rue Ryuzaki
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:36 am
PREQUAL: DETECTVE R: BEGINNINGS

I woke up in a hospital, unsure of how I got there. I saw an IV in my arm and a cast on my left leg. It was getting hard to keep my eyes open, the darkness was going to take me again. Just before I passed out, I saw a nurse open the door. When I came to again the nurse and a few doctors were there, checking me and asking me questions.
“Where are my parents?” I asked.
“I'm sorry, Ray, but they died Dear. They died in that accident that nearly killed you,” the nurse said.
I remembered the accident, I remembered the car coming near us, I remembered the broken glass, the pain, and the blood. I remember crawling over, dragging my shattered leg behind, trying to wake my mother who was closest to me. Then the pain became too great, I passed out again. I began to cry weeks later, when I could get around by myself a little, I was told I would be put on a plane to England. My mother had family out there apparently. None of the family wanted me though, so I was brought to an orphanage there. There I met Michael Keehl and Nate River the only two unafraid to be my friend. They would later be known as Near and Mello. Not long after I moved there we learned l was dead that he died on the day of my accident. Near and Mello fought for a little while about who would succeed l and arrest Kira, but in the end, Mello allowed Near to be L's successor, and I swore to help him. I took a new name and letter too. I called myself Ryu and would be known as the famous R. Near didn't actually use me to help him until after he solved the Kira case, we lost Mello in the process. At first Near only used me as a tail, I didn't mind, I wanted to gain his trust, make myself useful in any way I could.
After the arrest of the syndicate trying to make a drug deal, Near called me in for different cases he felt I could help with, eventually he let me go off and do the kind of cases I wanted to do and I became just as well known as L, our mentor, had been. Eventually, I came across the case that would make me known to every criminal and every person everywhere. A new Kira case. The thing I didn't count on was that I'd come to care for the suspect, but my ever vigilant mentality won me the case in the end.
I knew it was the right thing, but I still felt bad.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:01 pm
I like this a lot. I look forward to reading more of this.

-Margaret  

Angels_Cry0310

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

BB Rue Ryuzaki
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:06 am
Uh, that's it. If you want to read more of mine and Chess Master Ed's stuff, there's Death Note: The New Kira, and Detective R: The Case of the Celebrity Murders. They're both toward the bottum of this page.  
Serials

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games